BVS Ultimate Cut

Why didn't they release this version in theaters from the start?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-tI7gefI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too long. Also does it matter, the movie would have still been panned. Maybe panned even harder since they would have wasted even more of people's time.

They wanted more screenings per day

WB cucks told Snyder to make the movie more focused on Batman and to trim down Superman's role.

Basically WB cucked Snyder, but Snyder agreed as long he was able to release his own cut on blu-ray.

Snyder essentially was WBs sacrificial lamb. People crying about why he supposedly hates Superman...when it was WB who did.

First post best post

At best all it does is clear up some character motivations, people still would have been mad about the overall tone (this is a batman movie being marketed as a superman sequel), puzzled by Jesse Eisenberg's Max Landis parody, annoyed by the length and bored stiff by the pathetic attempts to build the one-off movies.

Executives panicked 2 months before release.
Instead of the R 3-hour cut they went with a more accessible 2.5-hour PG-13.

Talk about mistrust for the audience.

More like first post, pleb post.

they knew they had a turd so they did their best to make the turd a bit smaller

It would had been same conclusion, looks god awful and chicken gaddot sucks too.

t.marvelcuck

This scene alone made the movie 10x better:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-tI7gefI0

This scene right here, fuck. To all the cucks who claimed Snyder didn't "get" Superman...fuck you.

Probably one of the best distillations of the the character ever on screen. And it was cut from the movie. Fuck you WB.

trips confirm. fucking ay man

>Too long
People managed to sit through all 3 Hobbit movies. They'll live.

Agreed.

3 hour cut means less showings per day, people will need to take more time out of their day to make the trip. And it's not like it's LotR.

I hope this vindicates the movie, because I enjoyed it immensely

There's nothing wrong with the overall plot of BVS (it's pretty standard superhero fare). Where it failed in the theatrical version was introducing a bunch of disconnected plot points without guiding the audience through them and giving the characters a coherent arc wherein they develop into their viewpoints at the end of the film.

From the looks of it the ultimate cut pretty much resolves (or goes a long way towards resolving) those issues. It won't turn it into a masterpiece but it can finally be seen the way it was meant to, and possibly even be considered GOOD film in its own right.

Why should it matter what other people think if you enjoyed the movie?

I genuinely don't care what other people think of my tastes; I unashamedly love The Counselor, Spring Breakers and Only God Forgives. I just think it's a shame that the most visually stunning capeshit film to come along since Sin City or Watchmen gets a dogging way worse than it deserved/

You have earned the right to make one edit to the holy list. A guide to polarizing kino.

You may make one and only one edit.

Use it judiciously.

>Too long.

are you 12? Is your attention span really so bad? Maybe you shouldn't talk movies if it is.

drop antichrist, input batman v superman

Remove Sucker Punch and place in Mr Nobody, Miami Vice or The Counselor.

1 film per director.

Only

May make the edit.

Proceed.

Swap Sucker Punch with Watchmen.

EITHER WAY ITS STILL A SHIT MOVIE YOU FUCKING DUMB KEKS

Is it even out yet?

Quipmasters in the focus groups all had ADHD.

They screened the movie for Disney executives?

>creates a sonic boom on his way out
you've gotta be kidding.

when does he not make sonic booms