Do video games pose a threat to movies and television?

collider.com/south-park-games-future-parker-stone/

>I think in 20 years, 10 years, people will be playing more. That convergence of entertainment, whether it’s VR or a more immersive thing. The more you get in it, the more you watch Pew Die Pie, and people watch Pew Die Pie play, and you watch E-sports. You watch young people, and the way they engage with something – sh–, maybe that is the future of South Park.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbuVtz7aqnA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the more you watch Pew Die Pie

lol stopped reading there.

They are a completely different form of entertainment.

no itll just intergrate with each other

tv shows and movies released in virtual reality ways

duh

I see it this way:

If I had a choice between spending $100 on movies or video games, I'd take video games.

you do have that choice Sup Forums fag

>want to just turn off brain and relax
>turn on convergence entertainment
>have to press buttons or wave hands and interact and shit
Yeah no thanks bruh

>VR choose your own adventure tv show a la Telltale x Hardcore Henry

Mite b cool

Trey and Matt already stated that they could have done a film, but they instead chose to do a game. They also stated that they may slowly move into games instead of making the TV show.

You should play Clue II: Murder in Disguise.

I think Team America World Police really soured their love of filmmaking. If you watch the Behind The Scenes supplemental for Team America you can tell how much they hated the production as using Marionettes was by their admission a pain in the ass with things constantly going wrong.

For Trey Parker and Matt Stone the world is literally their oyster. They could decide to make any project and there'd be backers for it. Whatever they do I'll be interested in it. They've never made anything objectively bad beyond some dud South Park episodes.

they'll make a game for pewdiepie to play and release it cinemas in 4-6 installments over the span of the year.

They have yet to make a game with great gameplay

Stick of Truth was still a good 2 parter episode of South Park. It was an excuse to do nothing but Fanservice and it did that in spades.

youtube.com/watch?v=BbuVtz7aqnA

Stick of Truth wasn't that good becuase most of the game was forced references that didn't fit the Theme of the Game

Maybe this time they only use ones that actually fits it.

that's why you'll watch other people play video games "bruh"

Don't ever fucking post bruh at me again unless it's sincere

Movies and games suck. Love, /lit/

pleb

I hope not. I'm to lazy to play a video game. My only consoles are a Game Boy 2 and a PS1 with less than 10 games. I doubt the PS1 still works though I barely used it.

South Park seems to be bridging the gap.
They're bringing good writing to a medium where writing has long since been an afterthought.

nice movie reaction image.

No.

Movies already ruined vidya so I guess it's payback time

First thread.
Trips.
No meme babbytalk.
Yet...

v. strange

Take your Sup Forums memes back where they belong

Videogames are for plebs and kids. Anyone trying to refute my statement is stupid.

This fucking generation suffers from ADD and can't watch something for 5 minutes without having to interact with it.

>South Park.

stopped reading there.

>I think in 20 years, 10 years, people will be playing more.
Is this guy fucking retarded, games like Angry birds or Clash of Clans have billions of people playing them, that's higher that ratings of Superb Owl, and those games makes millions of dollars per months.

Just last year Rovio decline an offer of 2.5B, for comparison Lucas sold his soul for only 4B.

Right now gaming (Especially mobile gaming) is bigger than TV or movies.

>thinks South Park games are going to kill the movie industry

This is what r/gaming actually believes.

Books are TV shows with only words, literally. Love Sup Forums

The semi crossover of them is why I stopped playing games. All I play is Fifa now. There are a dozen good films a year, but I'm lucky to find one good game these days.

They dumbed them down to appeal the normie core.

Look at DMC, Mario Bros or Fightan games, all dumbed down, so now you have to press 1 button to win, even they promote "HARD" games like Skyrim, Dark Souls or CoD. My 16yo cousin always brags how Dark Souls is the hardest game ever, and everybody is a "noob", I put him to play Contra in the NES, and he didn't last 10 minutes, he gave up after 4 tries.

>this faggot imagines everything he reads in book

Wait, can you read a book by yourself without help? My stepmom always reads me all my books at night before my groin massage.

None of those interested me to be honest. I just like games with a small challenge but unique scenery and gameplay. Very rarely would I cite a compelling story as a reason for liking a game. Probably just in Silent Hill 1.

I really liked Mirrors Edge and the first Batman game, but none of the sequels. Nothing else has stood out for me in the past decade or something silly like that.

The thing I love most is giant bosses, and Bayonetta did this best of all.

>Liking Bayonetta
>Not liking DMC
But user they are the same game just gender swapped

Dark Souls isn't so much hard as it is impenetrable. It doesn't tell you what any of the stats mean or what the classes can do when you make your character, and it doesn't tell you where to go. It's challenging gameplay, once you actually get into it, but it's mostly just about the exclusivity. People just want to be able to say "I play Dark Souls and you can't".

You have to consult guides and spreadsheets if you want to know what the fuck to do with a character. Its defenders will hide its flaws behind "git gud". But we left behind that kind of game design years ago for a reason. I'd rather have the rules clearly defined ahead of time - just make the actual game challenging.

If players can't win because you didn't tell them all the rules, it doesn't mean your game is challenging and good. It's when they know all the rules and STILL have to work to win.