What the fuck was the point of this movie?

What the fuck was the point of this movie?

Why did it have a gay bunker sequence and then turn into an alien movie despite the original cloverfield being about a monster born from pollution

Why does this have cloverfield in the name?

When does jew jew abrams kill himself?

Other urls found in this thread:

tagruato.jp/slusho_subsidiaries.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bunker sequence
That wasn't a sequence, you fucking moron. That was the entire movie.

Can someone briefly tell me what happens? Go into slightly more detail about the end sequence as I want to know whats got everyone so pissed off at it and I want to decide if its worth watching or not

No, fuck you. Just watch the movie, or if nothing else go on Wikipedia and look up the entire plot.

Go to Wikipedia if you want a synopsis, you dumbfuck.

I liked it.

Cause the Cloverfield brand is just an anthology for monster movies like Grindhouse was for tacky b movie action

>Evil scary wight man kidnaps a girl
>Oh no it's ok because conveniently a half sick women is trying to get into the bunker because the air is contaminated
>"Wait a minute that dosen't make sense, when was the air contaminated in cloverfield"
>Aahah shut up viewer
>Happy sequence where nothing goes wrong
>Woah wait a minute look at this picture this isn't his daughter :^o
>Didn't this girl run away 2 years ago and scratch at the top of the bunker saying help
>"Woah wait a minute didn't it say 30 minutes ago that he was building the bunker 2 years ago"
>Fucking kill yourself viewer, he's a rapist, can't you tell!
>Just look at how white and old he is ahaha
>"Hey im hipster dude, being mean to girls isn't nice"
>Blamo hipster dude is dead
>"I am cool girl, I stand up to evil white old men"
>Blamo acid
>"Hey wait a minute dosen't he have a gun, why dosen't he shoot her at any point"
>:^)
>Hey it's the outside now
>"Le cool bad ass girl dialogue insert"
>Hey it's an alien that looks nothing like cloverfield
>Woah a spaceship!!!?!?!?
>"Wait wait wait, but the cloverfield monster wasn't an alien, and it was by itself, which is what made it so scary"
>"Shut up viewer, this is my fan canon" - Jew Jew Abrams
>Le cool badass girl makes molotov cocktail in 0.001 seconds before she can get eaten and kills the monster, wait I mean alien in one hit
>gg no re
>Get ready for a sequal viewer :)

Literally nothing to do with cloverfield whatsoever

I wish they made a monster movie then
Instead of something completely fucking different yet pulled into the same brand

Well yeah thats Hollywood Jews for you

Don't tell me what to do you pair of fat faggots

why are you just making up random facts to defend the ending? how does anyone defend the ending?

is this pasta? why would you write down a synopsis for some random guy?

Because I fucking hate 10 cloverfield lane

this movies was finished for 2 years and included the bunker sequence and girl escaping only. then they decided to milk the cloverfield cow and threw 500000 in cgi money at it for maximum box office profit.

>Random facts

Pretty sure it was JJ Abrams who called the Cloverfield brand a monster anthology first m8

Thanks bro, and because by the looks of things this movie fucking sucks and he is a decent person who doesn't want anyone else wasting their time on it.

you really think someone is acting altruistic on an anonymous image board?

>Girl leaves home to get away from her problems.
>As she leaves things seem strange and the news is reporting ominous things.
>She crashes into another car on the road and passes out.
>She wakes up inside a cell with a very unsettling man who treated her injuries.
>She can't leave because the man tells her the world is ending outside.

as for the end sequence

>flying saucer is seen in the distance
>alien tentacle monster drops down from the saucer and starts coming towards her
>girl runs and monster chases
>girl destroys the flying saucer with a molotov cocktail by throwing it into the flying saucer's mouth
>knocked unconcious from a fall during the engagement, but wakes up and drives away
>hears about other survivors on the radio, drives to go find them
>fade the black

It's a decent movie, user. Sup Forums is contrarian as fuck a few months after a movie is released.

It's the Twilight Zone
It's the Outer Limits
It's the Final Fantasy games

I can't believe that people don't get this

its a budget bin script that JJ bought and made a franchise movie
its a film set in one small set location that was able to be filmed on a micro budget
its a trope ridden exercise in making money off of a word

i cant believe youre that delusional

Yeah I can understand that people feel that it was a bait and switch, with the first one being very big in scale

But the day the teaser for this one came out, I saw the articles that said that this was originally an unrelated script with a small scale story. So I didn't have my hopes up from the start that it would be a "big" movie.

Was it a good movie though, user? Does a movie need to have lots of locations and a big budget for it to be good?

you completely missed the point entirely, and you double spaced
youre a moron

>despite the original cloverfield being about a monster born from pollution

What, I thought it was an alien

No, even jew jew abrams specifically said that it wasn't

Which is why this movie makes zero sense to be associated with cloverfield in any way whatsoever

tagruato.jp/slusho_subsidiaries.php
heres the promo website from the clover and 10 clover

Fuck you, it's great, it's a fucking Half Life movie, fuck you.

Did anyone not get surprised by the monster tweest?

Having "Cloverfield" in the name kind of make me expect a big monster to pop out at any time. And it did.

>Clover was boon of pollution
Clover was woken up when they found him drilling for that soft drink. He was already in the ocean.

Best part of the movie was MEW saying "come on...."

I definitely came on, if you catch my drift.

>its a budget bin script that JJ bought and made a franchise movie
I don't understand, is this film actually SUPPOSED to have anything to do with Cloverfield or are people just misunderstanding because the title has the word Cloverfield in it? Because there is literally no correlation between the two films whatsoever.

>ad hominem attacks
>I can't argue or make any counterpoint so I'll talk about user's writing style

it didnt
then jj bought it and added it
its on the wikipedia page

????

Jesus christ, seriously?

10 Cloverfield Lane >>> Cloverfield

I've never gotten the appeal of the original Cloverfield. The Blair Witch Project is the only exceptional found footage movie.

10 Cloverfield Lane >>>>>>>>>> Cloverfield>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Super 8

Yup. The 3 are in the same JJ universe.

The new BlackMesa?

YES
>Damien Chazelle was brought in to rewrite Campbell and Stuecken's draft and direct the movie. Chazelle dropped out from directing when his Whiplash project received funding.[7] On April 3, 2014, it was reported production for Valencia was greenlit to begin in the fall of 2014, under the direction of Dan Trachtenberg with the latest draft being written by Dan Casey.[15] A budget of about $5 million was reported to be expected, in keeping with the mandate of Paramount's Insurge division of producing micro-budgeted films.[16]

On July 8, 2014, Variety reported John Goodman was in negotiations to star in the film.[17] On August 25, 2014, they reported Mary Elizabeth Winstead had entered negotiations,[18] and on September 22, 2014, John Gallagher, Jr. reportedly joined the cast.[19]

During production, the filmmakers noticed core similarities to Cloverfield,[20] and decided to make the movie what Abrams calls "a blood relative" or "spiritual successor" of that film.[21][22] "The spirit of it, the genre of it, the heart of it, the fear factor, the comedy factor, the weirdness factor, there were so many elements that felt like the DNA of this story were of the same place that Cloverfield was born out of," said Abrams. In other interviews he explained: "Those characters and that monster [from Cloverfield] are not in this movie, but there are other characters and other monsters,"[22]

The ChimpanzIII satellite story is all a cover story for what really happen in space.

>Those characters and that monster [from Cloverfield] are not in this movie, but there are other characters and other monsters

>Yeah, it's Cloverfield universe!
>No, nothing to do with Cloverfield is in it!

k

Fucking kill yourself

Cloverfield is a cult classic
Godzuki can suck my dick

Be honest, how many of you would have turned left?

The "Cloverfield universe" is a code name for a series of events that will determine the future of the human race. In other words they are tests.

Right to Sup Forums

Left to safe Sup Forums

You decide.

JOHN GOODMAN DID NOTHING WRONG

Ayy Imao

>During production, the filmmakers noticed core similarities to Cloverfield
I would LOVE to have them point these out to me.

Then watch the fucking special features on the blu ray!

What they should really be talking about is why the moon has apparently halved its distance from the earth.

>What the fuck was the point of this movie?

To display absolute thicc perfection that is MEW's thighs/ass. Absolutely based cameraman. I know one of you has the webms. Post them pls.

I felt cheated enough after watching the film having downloaded it. I would rather throw my money away than give it to the cocksuckers responsible for that ending.

This is all I got for now but it's this scene.

i thought the rape scene as a bit much, but as a woman who looks like MEW, I can't deny that I found it really hot to see john goodman push his large meaty cock into her.

It’s called rotation.

That's on you.

the point the other user made is that the moon should be much smaller in that pic. it's far too large. the moon is actually super super far away from earth, contrary to popular belief.

Plz go more to

>On Jan 14, 2015, during a set visit as part of Paramount Insurge, Abrams approached the films producers with concepts of a universe tie-in[28], claiming 'John has gained so much weight he could have played the monster in Clove[erfield]!'.[29]
>On Jan 16, negotiations began for an adaptation featuring Goodman as the monster, attempting to disguise itself as a human being[30]. Plans were reconsidered when the scale of the production was considered, with Valencia stating concerns over the size of the bunker, and the questionable reasons for the monster to abduct Winstead's character[31].
>Chazelle was brought back, and penned the re-write to create separate characters for Goodman, and the large monster[32]. Variety reported Abrams as having said 'He[Goodman] may be as big as a house, but that type two chubster will never pass for being as big as a bunker. He has more chins than a Chinese phone-book!'[33]

Correct. They almost always enlarge the moon in films because otherwise it would barely be visible to the camera.

If you think the moon gets anywhere near as close to the earth as in the pic I was commenting on you then you need to read a fucking book, m8.

How long did it takes you to find this on Wikipedia? 23 mins that a new record!

DUDE CLOVERVERSE LMAO

NO THE MOLOTOV MY ONLY WEAKNESS!

>built the bunker with zero access to the power generator or air filtration system
>kept the keys on his person at all times, not locked away in safe with a combination he would never forget
>kept the woman locked in a cell and chained to a pipe for no reason other than to give her the impression he is a kidnapping rapist
>secures the hatch to the power generator with a thin padlock that can be broken with fucking aerosol
>shows the picture of the woman he murdered to one of the 2 people he is going to stay with for over a year, whilst the other one knows him and other people in the area well
John Goodman more like John Retardman

They had the perfect idea for a movie and they went and screwed it all up
>Omg this guy kidnapped me
>Wait this shows that he's a good guy
>Wait no now this thing points to hes a bad guy
>Can i trust him?
>Wait its ok this thing points to him being good
>Wait just a minute this thing shows hes bad
>Is he bad or good? Whats gonna happen? What will be the result of trusting/not trusting him?
>Is he gonna save her? Protect her?Kill her? Noodle in the boodle her? I can't wait to find out!
>This is it! I'm so excited to find out!

its aliens fuck you

>Why did it have a gay bunker sequence and then turn into an alien movie despite the original cloverfield being about a monster born from pollution
>Why does this have cloverfield in the name?
>When does jew jew abrams kill himself?

Wow these are all terrible, awful questions, like I don't even know where to begin talking about how shitty all of your thoughts and opinions are.

>how does anyone defend the ending?

It was good and satisfying? I don't know man, it's hard to defend something without any major obvious flaws.