Isn't this movie a great example of kino?

Isn't this movie a great example of kino?

Low budget and relatively unknown actors, but you can almost imagine how the werewolves and gunpowder smell like when the soldiers are defending their post.

I watch this movie every year on June 16th, and you too should watch this awesome ciné.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JqLz7PXVCHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

probably my favorite werewolf design

this and howling werewolfs are the best, skinny and 2 meters tall

This is actually great for a low budget movie. Something about the way it was directed is stunning.

Sean Pertwee and Liam Cunningham are both top
Easily up there with The Thing in terms of best horror movies
What always impresses me is how long they keep the tension building without revealing the werewolves themselves. I remember the first time I ever saw it I thought a few times that I had tricked into thinking it was a werewolf movie and that it was really just a straight soldiering thing.

So they copied Jaws?

Why June 16th?

I really liked the look of the wolves in Late Phases, very original looking. looked more like giant rabbits. great movie too.

>that sequel pitch that was about an American spec-ops team who just happened to be in the same area that night having to fight the british troops that had become werewolves after getting killed, with the werewolves retaining their military training so the badass american special forces would get to face even more dangerous beasts than the ones in the first movie

I have never been as relieved as when it became apparent that that shit wasn't getting made.

Thank fuck

What the fuck.

>kino
Why do people keep using that word? What happened to patrician?

It's 28 weeks later all over again.

>a re-covered London run by yanks?
>this could be an interesting look on the distrust and shifting power-dynamics between brits and yanks, played out as they must fight side by si---
>the yanks just give a janitor access to the quarantine room and then have a procedure where they put everyone in a dark garage in event of infection, so they can all get infected super-quick

I suppose they were marginally less stupid than the rape-soldiers from the first movie.

It's a reddit thang, it avoids classism in favor of debating definitions of arbitrary terms.

redditors who come here to discuss Game of thrones and dr who

SAUSAGES

Hello, reddit!

they scared me

btw im 25

A soldier fight hand to hand combat with a fucking werewolf.

"I hope I give you the shits."

Fucking metal and based.

>So they copied Jaws

Steven Spielberg didn't invent that shit you dumbass, he merely put it to great use. The scariest shit you can do is hint a something rather than to show it, like Lovecraftian horror.

If every more horror movies did that then the genre would actually be worth its salt today.

Spoon going ape shit on that werewolf is one of my favourite scenes of all time.

RR-RR-RR-RR-RR, YOU FFFUCKING MMOTHERFUCK- AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH-AHH

He probably would've taken him as well if that other sneaky werewolf didn't come out of fucking nowhere.

Watch the audio commentary to this, seriously. It will have you in fucking stitches. I'm not even really an audio commentary person and every time I watch this film I rewatch it afterwards with the commentary. The bants is fucking fantastic.

The part where Liam Cunningham explains to Sean and Kevin what a chicken cluck is made me laugh so hard a little piss actually physically came out of me. You know that 'first time smoking pot' laughter? Fucking brutal.

One of the most underrated horrors ever made, tbqh.

Same. They got the ratio of dog/human just right. Few films do this, most just end up looking like large, mutant dogs.

I like harry potter 3s werewolf

The joint design in the legs and arms is sick

>dog head
>human body

It looks like a dog minotaur, it looks fucking stupid.

What does Kino mean though? I'll start to use it if I can make sense of it.

>humanoid body
>stretched out feet like that of a dog
I don't understand the problem. It's better than having what literally just looks like a giant black dog on steroids.

And Spielberg didn't even intend to hold on the reveal of the shark. The shitty animatronics made them use the best they could - which were sparse.

Essential comfycore. Never get tired of watching this film.

>dat chewing off the head scene

what did he mean by this?

He was trying to express to the werewolves that he is an 'ard man, and that if they thought themselves 'ard enough, they were welcome to come and 'have a go,' as it were, at besting him in a physical conflict.

Best werewolf movie ever

>That part when he kicked the fucking werewolf in the face and the werewolf's tooth stuck in the wall
Holy shit I was hype for that.

Well I'm American, so I can only guess by the dialog, but I think he was doing one of those "footy" (soccer) chants those violent soccer fans love so much

>The scariest shit you can do is hint a something rather than to show it, like Lovecraftian horror.
That only works for a known quantity, like a shark. People know what a shark looks like so you can get away with not showing it. But for unknown creatures, not showing in movies means CHEAP. Even Lovecraft showed his monsters. He just didn't explain them.

>That only works for a known quantity
Would have fucking preferred it if Europa Report didn't show anything

Late Phases is so good. Underrated af best werewolf movie in years.

Fucking love this film, it's the British the Thing.

Fucking thanks Sup Forums now I'm gonna rewatch Dog Soldiers

Watch it with the commentary and then come back and tell me how much you loved it.

Whats the name of the werewolf film?

filename in OP

german for "cinema"

It's used wrong here, he should have said "isn't this an example of great kino?" And even then, NOBODY besides advertisers use this sentence in Germany. Just stop saying kino, alright? Are you an advertiser?

>means cheap

No it doesnt.

I love you guys

Bender.

Dogmen are real and aren't a laughing matter.

Your mum is a right dog so I believe you.

hands down, the greatest last stand in any horror movie
>youtube.com/watch?v=JqLz7PXVCHU

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM TOMATOES YA FUCKIN BASTARD

that was fucking intense.

Jesus fuck.
I now understand why i was scared about this movie when i was younger.