American engineering

American engineering

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fr/maps/@39.5346746,-121.5037386,3a,78.2y,40.33h,82.66t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-DDl2vxg5tLM/VvRnfTAgE6I/AAAAAAABBx0/ZQ7eqqAHUCImBZQtzh2UsDawP5Q5Pu1HACLIB!2e4!3e11!6s//lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DDl2vxg5tLM/VvRnfTAgE6I/AAAAAAABBx0/ZQ7eqqAHUCImBZQtzh2UsDawP5Q5Pu1HACLIB/w203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya267.63733-ro-0-fo100/!7i7680!8i3840!6m1!1e1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit what happened?

American engineering

>tfw it's actually german

Engineering the planes that brought the German scientists over to build that stuff?

>implying american german is not american

>implying literal nazis were not german

"contracted by the lowest bidder" is how it's done in US.

They used too many Mexicans for the construction

GOOD post

Use picture I made for reference of what I'm saying below.

>Build damn on a hill
>Build 1 main spillway (red line) with 1 auxillary spillway channel backup (green line)
>It rains
>The lake hits 101% capacity
>Spillway shits itself and breaks, unable to spill over the overflowing lake water
>Auxillary spillway channel starts to overflow and water starts to endlessly pour down the hill (red arrow direction)
>This water erodes the hillside, destroying the foundation for the road and the main spillway, road has already collapsed, spillway is not looking good.

Long story short, pretty much guaranteed now that the upper part of the main spillway is going to fail and flood the Yobo and that are down hill (red arrow direction). Thousands of homes there, a disaster. Evacuation order already stands at 188,000 homes.

Now the real fear is the dam itself. While the chance is very remote, IF the spillway failure causes the water to erode in a different direction (green arrow) that erosion could cause the dam foundations to fail. If the dam fails, it will be a catastrophe. The entire Oroville lake will flood Sacramento county, millions of potential homes in range of damage from a full dam collapse.

Oops, cut a sentence off there, let me correct it.

>Long story short, pretty much guaranteed now that the upper part of the main spillway is going to fail and flood the Yuba and Maryville counties and that are down hill (red arrow direction).

How many can they fit side to side down that waterside?

Finally it rained in California

I'd expect that in India, what with their notorious dams, but not in America.
Damn.

Italian engineering

>Tower tilts for hundreds of years
>Still fine to this day

>California gets some rain
>Dam shits the bed in under 48 hours

Yeah, Italian engineer.

That's a real head turner.

Oh fug. Will the dam collapse?

And how

Finally able to water the synthetic turf

a holliwood set is american engineering? welp

I don't know man, on the news they're saying that they've gotten it under control.

hahaha
would be funny if dam collapse
they can pretty much film a catastrophe movie IRL

Maybe the footage will be kino like the Russian embassy shooting.

pretty much no reason to think the dam itself is in any danger except for people with a disaster boner who want to see shit get destroyed

This was what I suspected.

>American

Compare the picture with how it was
google.fr/maps/@39.5346746,-121.5037386,3a,78.2y,40.33h,82.66t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-DDl2vxg5tLM/VvRnfTAgE6I/AAAAAAABBx0/ZQ7eqqAHUCImBZQtzh2UsDawP5Q5Pu1HACLIB!2e4!3e11!6s//lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DDl2vxg5tLM/VvRnfTAgE6I/AAAAAAABBx0/ZQ7eqqAHUCImBZQtzh2UsDawP5Q5Pu1HACLIB/w203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya267.63733-ro-0-fo100/!7i7680!8i3840!6m1!1e1

Honorary Americans, etc. etc. etc., you know how it goes by now: foreigners who do something positive for America are Americans whereas Americans who do something negative for America are foreigners.

>California runs a dam that was never intended for spillway capacity at spillway capacity because muh drought
>Ignores the broken-down (federal government hasn't approved the dam since 2005 and it probably hasn't had more than a visual inspection since then) main spillway and constantly uses the emergency spillway to release water
>Rain forces them to push the emergency spillway even harder
>Authorities promise that there's nothing to worry about
>Spillway overflows and starts to fall apart and the dam will probably collapse
>People scamble to get out from under the dam as the state authorities come crawling to Trump to beg for federal money

It's pretty hilarious.