Where's area in your country that is the most weird?

Where's area in your country that is the most weird?

In Japan, Gunma is a meme because it is the countryside.

the northern territories are wierd, mostly just because of siberia tier weather, depression and homicide rates

atlantic canada is also wierd, just because it carried over a fair bit of anglo/scot/irish culture through dialect/food/mannerisms/etc

I thought everything outside of Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Sapporo and Yokohama was 'countryside' in Japan.

The north, they're all imbred.

Though I'd say Breton are up there too: those guys live in a perma-rainy seaweed swamp and the whole region is polluted and stinks as hell from manure coming from pig & poultry industrial farming, yet for some reason they'll assert you until their death that Bretagne is the best French region.

The area along the Ohio river that splits west Virginia and Ohio is very strange, Victorian style houses yet everyone is dirt poor with whole families or more living in each big house, they are very hillbilly despite being up north and they have an accent totally unlike anywhere else, there isn't even really a name for it but it's very strange. They are very isolated as the area is hours and hours away from any sizable city and the area is made up of mostly woods and small very run down port towns along the river. Many of the towns have upwards of 70% of people living with government assistance.

but aquitaine is the best

Oulu. Only bad things come from Oulu.

I didn't say the contrary.

Also Aquitaine doesn't exist anymore.

Silesia

nouvelle aquitaine now is it?

I hear that Lyon and the surrounding region is pretty top tier, is it true?

It's in France, so I would assume "no".

Northern parts because it's still somewhat Samish land. The Sami people is our indians/eskimoos. Sami likes moss and fast reindeers, as well their own "language" (it's really not much more special than say finnish..). Come visit a mosque in the south instead, much more tolerance!

yes

It as some good parts and a good cultural value, yeah, but the Rhône Valley is not that great. It's still a large and cramped very industrialized area with quite a lot of shitty cities like Villeurbanne, Vénissieux or Lyon's suburbs themselves (and the rest of the valley is just as bad.

Maybe if you consider Massif Central and the Alps as the "surrounding region", it's top tier, but that stretching a bit the definition of "surrounding".

Can't think of one that's really weird...

it was implied that i was saying it was top tier in comparison to the nation of France
ah ok, i have a bud who lives in the foothills near the alps, and is only a short drive away from lyon
I would've taken his word on it if there wasn't obvious bias, but from pictures and that it looks pretty based

konigsburg, for some reason they dont speak german anymore

Strange indeed.

Ostfriesland, bro.

We don't talk about them. Some say they still sacrifice goats to keep the dike safe.

Everything not in the coast except Santiago

The people living in the mountains outside of patagonia.

They are descendents of the indians and the firsts spaniards and they usually have like 12 children by the time they're 30.

Fuck, I'd kill for a fast reindeer.

>chile
>not in the coast

Urk

It's the most religious and conservative town in the country. Families are huge and have been there for generations. They're against vaccinations of children, vote SGP (hardcore protestants who oppose women's suffrage, abortion, etc.), incest is a problem and somehow cocaine and other drug use is rampant among the youth.

Other fishing towns here are usually weird too but Urk takes the cake

>all the houses look the same and everything in crammed in together.
>euro """culture"""

Exactly

>all the houses look the same
>americans cant understand homogeneity
wew

>Dutch """""beaches"""""

Utah because of the Mormons or Pennsylvania because of Amish. Basically areas that have polygamy and live like its 1830 and the doomsday is going to happen any second

Looks like a really comfy place.