How do countries like Colombia and Libya post? Isn't there war going on there?

How do countries like Colombia and Libya post? Isn't there war going on there?

It's very rare for war to be in literally the whole country, so there are places where it's relatively normal. Even in fucking Somalia you will find a place or two where you can safely shitpost

How do countries like United Arab Emirates and Israel post? Isn't there war going on there?

Nope, there's no war in South America as far as i know (except the "war on drugs").

Columbia has a legitimate war fighting rebel guerrillas

Do you people think this is how latin america works?, that everyone has a gun under their bed and they barricade their home during nights until morning where they eat spicy food and sell drugs?

That's actually an accurate description my hispanic friend

>that everyone has a gun under their bed and they barricade their home during nights until morning where they eat spicy food and sell drugs?
Depends, that sounds a lot like mexico твн

Using computer

In Somalai, where I was been to last summer, people have a free wi-fi and I was surprised the fact that they use a telephone message to buy stuff. It's like no need for a cash. mobile payments and shit. We hardly know anything about what we think we know about other places, based on the media.

Do any Syrian flags post here

Pol, syria general. Not only proxies, they would post some photos from time to time
>That time they confused a big fire with Israel attacking
kekitykek

Nope

"War" (in reality the military going after less than 5k rebels in a 50 million people country) happens in very remote and empty areas of the country. Cities here as just like any other city of the world. FYI, the crime rate here is actually lower than Brazil's

I'm not sure if you're getting outdated news from the 80's over there or if you think Netflix series portray present day Colombia in any accurate way. Life's pretty normal here. Colombia was chosen as the 2nd best place to visit in 2017 by lonely planet and the New York times If you go to Cartagena's historic district, Bogota's Candelaria, 85th street, 93rd street or Usaquen neighborhoods and Medellin's Poblado neighborhood or parque lleras área, you'll see a lot of expats and foreign tourists roaming around. Also, there's a hell lot of European backpackers in the coast and the coffee region. The were around 5 million international tourist arrivals last year (it's still a very low number compared to say Mexico, which unironically also has an issue with violence and that doesn't stop it from being the most visited country in latam). Bogota Eldorado airport is unironically the 3rd busiest airport in latam just behind Benito Juarez Mexico City and Guarulhos São Paulo airport so it's not like we live in isolation. Hope that answers your question

2 in /mena/

wow they have net in UAE

That doesn't stop us, and we are actually one of the most common flags, so why would it stop them?

Sounds like the inner city suburbs throughout the USA, really.

I'm convinced all venezuelan posters are freebooting bitcoin miners.

well that fits mexico pretty well

pretty much, yes.

Not like it the whole country is literally a fighting zone

The war in colombia doesn't affect the most of population. The farc and other terrorist organizations have been living like rats for decades, and nowadays due to the agreements we do not care about them that much. Of course there is violence, but this is not WWII

Farc rebels are handing over their weapons right now and reincorporating to civilian life, and before that there has been an amnesty between them and the Government for the past 2 years, and Farc hostile actions decreased 95% during that time. Paramilitaries demobilized in 2006, one third of them didn't demobilize and became drug gangs but it's about 2000 people, mostly in remote areas. ELN is talking with the government too, also, it's a much smaller guerrilla than Farc.

Colombia is the size of Texas and California, or the size of France and Spain. It's a very urbanized country. Not even in the worse years of the war with Farc, there was the smallest possibility that they could seize power or even take control over the big cities or the most densely populated areas of the country. They had control over a few remote areas (some of them more or less extense) but that was it. A few years later they had to hide like rats as said, but, of course, war is very expensive and we all feel it one way or another (refugees, poverty, lost of foreign and local investment, etc).

Nope

Only Bogota, Medellin, Cali and the Atlantic coast look like war zones but it's due to delinquency plaguing the urban areas of those shitholes.

The war against commies normally takes place far away of the urban areas, far away in god forsaken lands, like the south.

Hola boyaco

Hola maricon

You would think after 50 or so years of gaining nothing, they would stop with the chimping and called a peace deal.

Somalia? Like, pirate Somalia? Is it true that they live in anarchy?

>lower than Brazil's
But that's the default for every country

My life in a nutshell

Yes.

>gaining nothing
heh