Vancouver vs Toronto

I'm an Atlantic Canadian and I'm planning to move to one of these cities in the spring. Give me the Sup Forums opinion on both, pros and cons, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/4fuc47/are_you_moving_to_or_thinking_about_moving_to/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vancouver is like Auckland, definately don't move there

Do you prefer muslims or chinese people?

I would much rather deal with the Chinese than the Muslims, it's one of the factors that has me leaning towards Vancouver.

It's more question of whether you want to pay very exorbitant housing costs or only exorbitant housing costs.

Vancouver here, it's expensive as fuck here, but overall like the city even tho the hipsters and Chinese are annoying. Also rains quite a bit here if your good with that.

idk bruh I've lived in the GTA all my life I'd probably choose Vancouver but then again I've never been there

I get that house prices are off the charts in Vancouver, but what about apartment sharing? I skimmed over the roommate ads on Craigslist and both cities seem reasonable, 600 bucks or even a bit less can you get you a room in a shared flat with all utilities. Obviously I don't want that forever but I'm kind of moving to start out and I wont have a lot of money.

Just rent nigga

buying a house is retarded most of the time, ESPECIALLY in canada right now

>Just rent nigga
That's the plan.

Oh you meant rent an apartment of your own as the plan

Okay. Just do it then.

reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/4fuc47/are_you_moving_to_or_thinking_about_moving_to/

>Vancouverite
>is also a plebbitor

It's a good resource that has a lot of info, what is the issue?

>what is the issue?

>reddit

stop this

Take the information for what it is instead of memeing about >Leddit

Why is Canada's housing market fucked by chinks?
Why isn't the US's housing market fucked by chinks?

Because of different policies?

What a stupid question, truly befitting an American.

I hear that Toronto is basically heaven on earth and has good weather and friendly people

Agreed. Thanks for the helpful link, user.

Vancouver there is no question. Lived here all my life but have relatives in GTA. Toronto is just a shitty New York wanna be with none of that stuff that makes it cool also it's surrounded by factory towns so that air is like breathing shit.

BC has ranked the cleanest air on planet earth as well as water.

Also there's a reason we have a huge industry for hollywood movies coming to film here.. it's beautiful as fuck.

also if you have yellow fever you will love being surrounded by thousands of hot young asian girls instead of smelly poo in the loo men in Toronto.

I could keep going for hours. Visited GTA many times in its a shit hole. Just less of a shit whole then most places in the states because it's still Canada.

Do you know anything about the construction industry in Vancouver? Is there lots of work year-round?

DELETE THIS

It's slowed down recently obviously there was a massively as fuck boom around the olympics but things are still very good. My uneducated on the subject guess is still better then Toronto. Vancouver just never stops building. Fuckton of rich asians coming here means there's always gonna be new condo towers and hot pot restaurants to build.

What a snotty and non-helpful retort. Truly typical of the "oh so clever" Canadian.

both of those cities seem to only breed some sort of social warriors

You sound like a mentally cucked albertan.

Even in OP's title pic Vancouver clearly looks a million times better. Shot himself in the foot there.

Phuket, Thailand is where it's at tbqhwyf

They are big metropolitan cities, with several universities each, so of course you will have that aspect of society. I actually get on well with urban liberals so long as politics isn't being discussed.

Recognize that both Toronto and Vancouver are built on stolen land of the First Nations peoples.

>so long as politics isn't being discussed.
I happen to have to spend some time around arts students every day and EVERY FUCKING DAY for the brief minutes I overhear their daily talk it's always about racism, refugees and Trump.

The thing that has also surprised me is that it's the arts students who are like this, not humanists in general. Humanists are more wide-spread in their opinions.

Sounds exactly like this place.

>Atlantic Canadian
Stopped reading there tbqh

>TFW almost none of my friends are interested in politics
>TFW two of my friends are nazi sympathizers but otherwise don't ever talk about anything political

Feels good man

I haven't heard a thing about Trump or refugees or any other shit from any of my family or friends ever

that's a very smug horse

looks even more smug in the original picture

that edit actually decreased the smugness

Fuck all who poasted before me, senpai
>emigrate to the caliphate of Detroit
>all of the beauty with none of the cost

>detroit
>beauty

what the heck

quebec > vancouver > toronto

Vancouver = chinks.
Toronto = chinks, poos, niggers.

If you're going to Toronto, come to *north* parkdale. It's a white enclave north of a Tibetan enclave.

>Graffiti on building

wow what an excellent place to live lmao

Queen Street is the dividing line between north and south parkdale. There are still niggers and poos left but they were mostly displaced by Tibetans who are normal people..

>I'm an Atlantic Canadian

can't afford ether

we have a easier program than yours where they can come in if they bring enough money

montreal is definitely the most affordable canadian city if you can speak french, considering it's hundreds of thousands of dollars cheaper for a house might be worth doing so

Stay in Atlantic Canada. It seriously is not that bad here unless you can't find a job for whatever shitty degree you studied for.

montreal also looks prettier and toronto just looks sorta depressing in pictures. just learn french or find english speakers

>Stay in Atlantic Canada.
Only an uncultured hick would say that. All of Atlantic Canada is a backwater shithole, there's an awful lot more to this country.

1. theyre using houses as investments and driving up the price on purpose

2. what theyre trying to accomplish has already happened in the US

Ameritourist here, I was at a Tim Horton's yesterday and I was quite literally the only white person there, everyone else was a Somali or Indian, make what you want of it

Are there any jobs in Vancouver anyway? I can't deny the city's a thousand times better looking than TO but I don't think the job prospects are very good in comparison

What about Victoria? Is it almost the same as Vancouver? I'm planning on going by July.

still going to english school there?

Yep. I'm going for a whole month and want to hang out at night and stuff.

Victoria is chock full of retired old people, enjoy.