What is your favorite U.S. region and why? Include pics if you want, or ask questions about other regions...

What is your favorite U.S. region and why? Include pics if you want, or ask questions about other regions. You can also suggest changes to the map if you want.

New England seems comfy to me, but I've never been to the States.

Thank you for making us our own region separate from NYC.
T. Upstate NY

Florida

Aside from its politics, the Pacific Northwest is the bomb.

Anywhere in the Pacific Northwest is /comfy/

I like the beach cities of the deep south that are kind of working class destinies.

your welcome
should that part of southern upstate NY be part of adirondack? I hear a lot of new englanders screeching about new england being extended anywhere into new york

If you like rain. I prefer snow myself.

great basin

because

There is something comfy about the Central Valley.

is that your house? looks very comfy

is it just me or does sacramento seem like it has somewhat of an old western feel sort of?

OP, what the fugg is this exclave?

Rocky Mountains is my shit

seattle you dummy

but why the hell doesn't it connect to the rest of the pacific northwest?

the area between is very rural and mountainous

chicago

Why Louisiana isn't is own region ? Don't they speak French and celebrate Mardi Gras?

only in parts of new orleans i believe

better map

yes this is my old one but the rural midwest to great plains divide is arbirtrary and i dont know where to divide it without being arbirtrary

also that map still has pittsburg in appalachia

To the maps credit, it's hard to get a fix on a lot of those regions. California central coast is hard because it is so similar to LA and the Bay (but lower population) and they all kinda bleed into each other. There is no good answer for regions as mountainous or as flat as northern California or the great plains.

It should be separated from Deep South tho.
Hawaii and American Samoa are Polynesian
Northern Mariana Islands and Guam are Micronesia
Not the same

As a Californian, I feel like our coast should count as one region.

S O U T H W E S T

if this map is just going to get more and more specific, you might as well split New England into Northern New England and Southern New England. They are very different states politically and economically

if know how to use photoshop for anything more than rotating text i would make the map way better, with half regions fading into each other and what not, but i dont know how to do that so im just stuck with this for now i guess

i might do this

you cant really compare anything in utah to anything out of utah. its kind of separate

How's this?

gibe colorado plateau region

The coast really is the weirdest part. On the ocean side you have the same small beach towns you would find near LA/Malibu in places like Pismo and Monterrey. Yet go a couple miles inland and you find the same rural farming character as the central valley.

I also noticed there is that east side of the sierra Nevada that has places like mono lake or Owens valley that don't really feel like the great basin nor the desert. So that's a little weird too.

Not trying to be overly critical, sorry if it feels that way. You did a good job for how hard it is to do this type of thing. I probably couldn't pull it off any better.

And when I talk about the coast. I'm not saying the map is wrong, only mentioning how difficult to pin that area is.

Pacific northwest + New England

I've been a new englander my whole life. Comfy little towns that look straight out of a hallmark movie. Let me tell you guys. Living in New England is a privilege. I now live in Chicago and it is fucking hell.

Pacific northwest + New England

Add the Cajuns pls

bump

no :DDD

Adirondack seems to expanisve, it really shouldn't go south to nearly the coast. Also I don't get why NYC is separate from the Mid Atlantic. Cities are different from their suburbs and greater region everywhere and those borders seem arbitrary even by that standard.

Uhh, rural maybe but not mountainous. Its still pretty liberal and the PNW area should definitely extend further south to include Tacoma, Olympia and their suburbs
Agreed, but southern Louisiana should probably be its own thing. But you got Cascadia/PNW exactly right. I love the PNW

New Orleans cooking is fucking GOAT