My mom wants me to get a job again

>My mom wants me to get a job again

>There's no jobs in this country
What the hell does she want from me? To CREATE a fucking job? Give me a fucking break. The tendies aren't going to fetch themselves. Chop chop. What am I paying you for? Oh right... I'm not paying a cent! And don't forget my barbecue sauce this time! It better be in the nice little dip cup too! None of that "next to the tenders" on the plate crap.

Moms these days, am I right fellas?

Other urls found in this thread:

canadabusiness.ca/starting/
vocaroo.com/i/s1FWHauqEVEH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good thread

Get a job at tim hortons you lazy nigger

I fucking love Canadians, I really fucking do

I knew this thread was made by a leaf

You should get a job at Tim hortons tho

>barbeque sauce
>not honey mustard

They're not hiring

How about Mcdonald's? They're always hiring

I'm not sure that they are

I dropped off my resume at one and they never called me back

>honey flavored anything that isn't plain honey
Absolutely disgusting

>dropped off my resume at one and they never called me back
Because to get a job you have to stand out, and part of that entails calling them a few days after applying and asking for an interview or at least a chance to talk to a manager.

Isn't that gay as fuck? Why would they want me to annoy them

It worked for me, kiddo

Don't they have government agencies in Canada that work to help you find a job? Like a job center

It shows interest. Dont call them everyday, call them a couple days after around 1:30 or so (never call a restaurant around lunch time or dinner) and just follow up. If it goes well and you don't hear back from them then call again a couple days later and if that doesnt work move on

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>you have to stand out, and part of that entails calling them a few days after applying and asking for an interview

I don't want to do that...

Literally go into some restaurants and ask if they need dishwashers or servers.

I would bet at least 12 needs workers

Make your own business.
canadabusiness.ca/starting/

The government agencies are useless and the staffing agencies are all shit jobs nobody can stand for more than a month. They will hire literally anyone though

Beggars can't be choosers

Take a job then use that experience or time while in that job to search for a good job.

Currently working puts you in better odds of finding a good job

This

Im not OP but im with you on that. I took a few temp jobs last summer and it was quick and easy but beyond having a job it won't provide any transferable skills

I tried that a couple times but they just blew me off it was kind of embarrassing i don't want to do it again.

Explain. because from what I could tell the staffing agencies only hire for like physical factory labour.

Are you asked for the period of being unemployed in the past during job interviews?
Here, it's especially called "blank period" and entrances almost always discriminate against those who have it.

I just say I was helping my dying relative, they don't ask much questions because I presume they feel bad.

I will imitate it.

Or say you were traveling or something

Maybe write your experience as a business that was recently closed since they won't be able to verify

These two.

Temp staffing shouldn't be treated like a "career" path, because it's dead end. However having a job is your ticket to getting a job that doesn't suck literal cock.

A number of companies literally have a do not hire policy against the unemployed. The public rationalization is that they don't want to hire someone who can't hold a job, but in reality it's because they can't legally choose any other means to shave down the hundreds of daily applications they get. They'd blacklist everyone whose name starts with C if it were legal, but it isn't, so they don't. Instead they discriminate against the unemployed, because the unemployed are basically the only "demographic" who have no rights as such.

In reality literally any bozo with high school can do just about any entry-level job, but they need some way to cutting back on resumes without it being random or discriminatory. So they put random requirements like "not on a bus route," must have steel toe shoes," "must have (obscure licence)," even if they don't make sense, to weed out as many resumes as they can before they bother to read them.

Pro fucking tip: Hiring new employees is a last resort solution to a staffing problem. "Job creators" don't exist. Business owners resign to a persistent under-staffing or bad staff problem and do as little as possible to solve it. Make yourself fall into the "will not threaten managent's job security but competent enough to do job plus your coworkers'" category. That'll get you hired. Being overqualified or unemployed will get you thrown out. Take what you can and use it as a stepping stone in four to six months, but do not quit until you're hired at a new job.

t. guy who works at a giant, soulless corporation

>There's no jobs in this country
No you have too high standards

Stupid fucking leaf.

i don't give a fuck faggot about your blog

I just want a fucking job. i need money, I need to buy things and pay for my bills. Tell me how to get a job in this country i don't want to read your 10 paragraph long rant about the Jewish corporations and the Crypto-Bogdanoff conspiracy

BASED MADURO JAJAJAJAJA

You don't deserve a job, ingrate.

Die in the gutter.

shut up normie im going to buy things with normies' creditcards and live through that

>Applied to 30 different places since January
>Two job fairs
>Multiple jobs with openings I'm more than qualified for
>Literally no emails, no phone calls back
I'm handsome, white, and not stupid, yet I see fuckugly dumbshit pajeets working awful jobs that I'm desperate for. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

any given job opening in my state gets at least 100+ applicants even (especially) for shitty part time work.

I'm a high school graduate and current uni student with previous work experience yet I virtually never hear back from anyone and when I do its a rejection. Applied to a position packing fucking shelves for a factory and didnt hear back.

>1st world problems

Also

Also why the fuck Canada has no jobs? Maybe you're not fit for anything out there? Just become a street sweeper. *

>TFW I've always gotten one job offer for every 5 applications I've sent but never actually wanted to work for minimum wage

idk lads it's not that hard desu

>tfw got headhunted while at uni and got straight into a comfy, well paying job

Happens a lot in technology fields
My course is frequently scoped by businesses offering anywhere from $50k to $90k starting wage for graduates

Literally me

vocaroo.com/i/s1FWHauqEVEH

>>There's no jobs in this country
always the same shit story. people applying for shitty waiter jobs that are oversaturated with stupid undereducated job seekers while industrial sector in every country has a lack of workforce. if you really want to get employed you go to the citys industrial zone walk into a factory and ask some supervisor there that if they need a hand to hire you get employed at the first hall. stupid fucking leaf.