Japanese Thread / 日本語スレッド

his thread is for the discussion of the language, culture, travel, daily life, etc. of Japan.
Let's tark at randam in Japanese and English. Take it easy!

Previous Thread → #

---Useful Links---

過去ログ
>desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/日本語スレッド/
Real Kana
>realkana.com/
How to Learn Japanese
>docs.google.com/document/d/1jrMXTVapkGlYSyQDwppETbz62ltcknJITQ7ll6bH8QM/edit?pli=1#
100 most common Japanese words
>docs.google.com/document/d/1GK7W2AwWsQr5VvgDYRMKSrhTJhDSkB5_jlaVGJks-Hc/pub

次スレを立てる前に必ずスレ立て宣言をして下さい。次スレリンクも忘れずに。
Please declare it when making a new thread and post its link.

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/C4r1uKKWAAUB-iQ.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=CxMK5eFr_rI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for you
乙カレー!

I want to die.

なんとタイムリーな。俺もたった今カレー作り終わって食ってるとこだよ。

>start having interest in Japan and Japanese culture when I am 7 or 8 years old
>Study the culture, literature, and history
>Decide to learn language and follow my mates into and English teaching field in Japan
>Always afraid I'll be seen as a weeaboo when I just have an interest in Japan
I wish I could get over this desu, I have had to explain to people all throughout my time in University that I am not a weeaboo because I'm learning the language or reading a Japanese books, I just think the Sengoku era was interesting and like reading about it.

What interests you about the Sengoku era?

ここは、流れで、ケチャップたっぷり
ハヤシライスかチキンライスに
「カレーもいいけど、ハヤシもね」

この速さなら言える
実は俺、嘉麻市民

ナニその画像
どん子ちゃんの方が可愛い

>Always afraid I'll be seen as a weeaboo when I just have an interest in Japan
What does it matter?

おつおつ

どう?美味しい?

I dunno man, as long as you don't go around wearing anime t-shirts, gushing about how awesome Japan is, using Japanese words around non-Japanese speakers and shit like that I don't think it's really a problem. America might be different, though.

くそかわええわ
デーンくんが

Weeaboo is really just a slur reserved for unsightly awkward people. The whole bit of actually enjoying Japanese culture/media/history is kind of a diverted focus, you know? If you conduct yourself well and with dignity I don't see how such a term should have any effect.

「神社の神聖な手水の上で手を洗うな」と何度言われたら分かるんだ、外人さんは…

なんで綺麗な水に手を洗った汚い水を入れるの?
これ外国では普通なの?

>2chで炎上中の画像
pbs.twimg.com/media/C4r1uKKWAAUB-iQ.jpg

今日は名無しでいい
こんばんは
死事終わったところでのオージーだよ (´・ω・`)ノシ

What the fuck have I done to you?

Why does it matter? Most people don't really care whether you're a weeaboo anyways unless you're like, really socially awkward about it or something.

Exactly

美味しいよ。かぼちゃ入れたから甘い。でも辛口のルーを使ったからちょうどいい。

カレーの肉は豚のもも肉と決まってるのだ・・・
カツカレーの場合カツはチキンカツのほうがいいのだ

I think it is the idea that all of Japan collapsed into multiple factions that fought with each other to unify the land in THEIR ideal image. It's the people, both righteous warlords and evil tyrants and everyone in between. It's facinating to read about the battles between, say the Takeda and the Uesugi. battles, strategies, architecture. It's all just so fucking awesome. It's just all awesome, it's not the only era I'm interested in, but I spend my free time reading about it and the Three Kingdoms of China. They are my fuel

I have to thank Akira Kurosawa, Toshiro Mifune, and Koei for helping me really cement my interest in it. And for Namasensei and GimmeaBreakman for making me want to teach English there.

[spoiler]I do not like anime that much beyond like DragonBall[/spoiler] but everyone thinks I do.

I can understand that

The problem is that most of my friends in Uni are 2nd and 3rd generation Japanese who are trying to learn the language properly, and when we are out and doing shit. I'm always referred to as the Weeb because I'm the one white person. It just kind of makes me feel bad that it is what I'm known as.

日本語できない言い訳
The weeb is not equal to the person who can do Japanese.
even if he can't speak Japanese, a weeb is the weeb

チャンバラするか

外国には手水がないからね
でもふつうは自分の前にいる日本人のまねしようとするでしょ
そのくらいのこともわからない観光客には神社に行ってほしくないな

日本語でおk

I guess I get that. Technically if you're that interested in Sengoku era/Three Kingdoms you probably are still a weeb though, you're basically an east asian history otaku.

>my friends in Uni are 2nd and 3rd generation Japanese who are trying to learn the language properly, and when we are out and doing shit. I'm always referred to as the Weeb because I'm the one white person
They are not your friends.

Ay mayne, I was being serious. I'm not gay or anything but you're cute af t b h.
デカいバイキングが猫を愛おしそうに抱いてるっていうギャップ萌え

かぼちゃ入りのカレーは食ったことないけど美味しそう
肉は?

I am Japanese but I never studied our history with much enthusiasm like you.
I go really quiet when other people discuss who killed who for what purpose in history.

俺の日本語を評価してください

俺はカレーにサツマイモとかかぼちゃなどの甘い穀類を入れるのが好きなんだ。コクが出るというか。肉は豚のロースを使ったよ。

>daneweeb is going to become a male gigolo or male stripper for old Japanese Christmas cake ladies for minimum wage
>he'll get paid a little extra each time he licks their smelly old rotten roast beef pussies

Care to elaborate, beard man?

そうじゃなくて海外では「汚い水で手を洗う」というのが普通の感覚な気がする
皿を洗う時も清水ですすがずに汚い水で洗って終わり
風呂でも「上がり湯」を知らない
「汚れていない綺麗な水が大事」という概念がない

>イモ類はデンプンが主体の食用とされる植物ですが、種子ではなく根や茎が食用とされるため「穀物」、「穀類」には分類されません。

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You're the Token Gaijin, on top of being called a derogatory term by them despite your efforts to tell them otherwise.

I see. Google translated it to "Fuck you, Dane-kun", so I thought there were some issue.

家族の何人も使った汚い風呂湯を使っても平気な日本人が言うなw

仲良すぎてかわいい

無理せず日本語でいいよ

だから上がり湯だろ
外人は浴槽を使わずにシャワーだけで終わるから体臭が残ってあんなに臭いんだよ

はあ?

皿洗う時の水ってどれくらい汚いの?

ホームステイしてた家は洗剤を流してなかった

ん~100点だな
120点中

そっかそっか
今度試してみようかじゃあ

My bad m8 I thought you could read Japanese. I actually said:
Cute as fuck
Dane-kun is
Doesn't translate well, but you see it was supposed to be this shitty little joke where at first you think I'm talking about the cat until you get to the second line where you see that it's about you and you get all flustered and shit and you're like yada~(n*´ω`*n)

彼は日本語できるのは知らないけど

Nah I'm not that guy, I was just another curious American. What if they are just teasing him? I mean he IS the odd one out. I've done the same with token blacks in friend groups before. I don't much care for such behavior either, I think it is pretty childish and low brow, but this how a lot of people seem to operate in groups (groups of men, that is). I don't know though, you are the gaijin here, so maybe you can sense some sort of peculiar Japanese passive aggressive malevolence.

なるほど…ちょっと想像できない…

俺は水槽の水飲んでるんだけど
バクテリアが繁殖しているから湧き水みたいな味する
多分食器を冷やした水とかは絶対汚い

人によると思う。自分が行った所はちゃんと洗ってたし食洗器もあったよ

あなたはぼくの車をすきです???

>so maybe you can sense some sort of peculiar Japanese passive aggressive malevolence.
Not really so far, but I haven't been around people my age.

In any case, I'm huge and bearded, so I doubt anyone would even attempt to take the piss at me. Only friends back home who've known me for years do that.

どう否定してもぜってぇホモだな、お前は

I'm going to write that on my Kanji folder to keep me motivated. Thank you, Japanon.

I think it what happened took place in any other region it would be just as cool though is the issue. Chinese and Japanese back then were really different from Western feudal societies.

I do not think they mean to offend, but it is not something I have been able to shake.

Looking at your history, I do not blame you, friend.

美味しそう
さつまいもをいっぱい貰ったからやってみようかなー

The farm has two cats.

This is Nyantaro.

Nihonjins, is this racist, yo?

Is this offensive?

>nihongos find it cool to speak english words for emphasis
>shun everyone who speaks english natively
figures

>japan tried to stop AirBnb from doing business in Japan
>we don't want white people and gaijin renting in our country, in our neighborhoods
>they try to bring them to court and ban them in Japan
>they lose

LMAO. CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP PHAM

i

SUPER DAZE
KONO FUCK GAIJINS

No, not at all.

太鼓どんどん

>太鼓どんどん
youtube.com/watch?v=CxMK5eFr_rI

芋は穀類じゃないのか。わざわざありがとう。

みなさんの口に合うといいですが…

Americans want to force the model to apologise for this "racist photo-shoot"

Unbelievable. SJW, muh feelings, these things are making this world sick!

Americans are idiots though

実はね
ホモじゃないんだ

名前べたすぎw

芸者ってなんだかんだ言っても風俗嬢なんだけどな

オージー乙〜!(・ω・)ノ

マジか!そんな偶然あるんだな

Who cares what a couple dumb people on the internet think, there are people out there that think even just wearing a kimono is racist somehow

>偶然
違います
Homoスレッドに2人のKama
これは偶然ではありません

And why are those people usually American?

Boт ты пиздишь-пиздишь, a двaч yжe yмep.

I'm not sure, maybe it's because most websites where people talk about that stuff have mostly American users? Or maybe America's culture just breeds more people with extreme views (cause there's plenty of dumb people here in the other direction too as is plain to see on this website). Also America has more racial tension than a lot of countries due to the relatively diverse population which leads more people getting into social justice stuff.

ρ
/⌒⌒\
| (゚Д゚)

手術くんはここにいる。
まだ生きている :3

わーいわーい
生きてるんだー
わーいわーい

sweet boys

вaй вaй вaй вaй вaй вaй

Fuck off

マジレス乙

cлaвa yкpaинe

売春するのは一部でイコールじゃないな

いいよその話題がちょっと面白いと思う

Your thoughts on rosatom, and their international nuclear plant building prospects

日本のキラキラネームってなんか羨ましい

>9 田山加奈
>たなかかな

「たやま」じゃん(´・ω・`)

Drink Water を越えるキラキラネームは無いけどね
シンプルであり最高

>佐藤 砂糖

>箱女 -> ぱんどら
w

I watched a Jap movie on the plane when I left Vietnam because chink movies are generally cheesy and fucking god awful, and they had a limited selection of Western movies

The Jap movie was about a divorced Dad whose wife cucks him and shacks up with a rich guy. Throughout the entire film he gets humiliated by his mom, his sister, and his ex-wife. And his father was also portrayed as a massive loser. kek There was no happy ending as there would be in a Western movie, like the family winning the lottery and the guy getting back together with his wife or something. It just ends on a depressing note.

Why are Japs so beta? KEK

But what are your thoughts about Kanna Hashimoto?

意識高い系()のアメリカ人は面倒くさいな。
前にも似た様な事があったよね。