ITT: Metro Systems

Hey Sup Forums, I've always been interested in metro systems, and I love taking public transport where ever I go. Post your countries metro systems ITT.
>pic related, my city's subway system

That's a big metro system

It's one of the best in the wold, despite being horribly mismanaged and its use of nearly century old technology.

Seems lit it could be improved a lot desu.
Wouldn't hurt to put more links between lines and a periphery line going from Vancortland to ozone Park (through flushing main and Jamaica)

>not my country but I think it would be more interesting

>not my country

Might as well be

How is France perceived in Tunisia today?

behold the purest metro system

There are people who literally and unironically think taking the 1 bus will save them time.

Seoul Metro was pretty convenient

Both good and bad.
Good because it's fucking France, prestige, luxury, fashion plus we are francophone so we watch French TV, movies etc...

But bad because it's getting more and more racist and also some people are still butthurt about colonisation.

>the year of our lords, 2017
>there are """people""" who still get lost in the Metro
How do you guys react to some guiri asking you "how to not get lost"?

These look like they could be easy to get lost in due to how interconnected the map looks. But there really is no excuse for being lost if you have a phone.

Check this out. Super complicated.

Gonna post a few metro I used

Tokyo look like a less but it gets you anywhere fast and there are lot software interconnections (God Bless the Yamanote Line)

Nothing to say in particular about taipei aside from the gondola going to the mountains on the south east.

Slow as fuck, not underground always late and always full (you litteraly can't enter) . The Tunis metro is just a shame.

Thanks for showing us there's worse than tunis

I have been on:
>London Underground
>Glasgow Subway
>Beijing Subway
>Hong Kong MTR
>Paris Metro
>Brussels Metro
>Vienna U-Bahn
>Budapest Metro
>Prague Metro
>Berlin U/S-Bahn
>That thing they have in Amsterdam

Despite the memes about China, the Beijing Subway is very nice and clean. You have to get your bags xray every time you enter or exit a station but whatever. Hong Kong probably has the best one I've been on. My also contains the world's oldest 3 subway systems.

Maybe I'm stupid but I always find myself lost in the London tube, don't know why. Also some stations are way too deep and you will regret not waiting for the elevator

Brussels metro just feel like the Parisian one, but empty and even older (also way too expensive)

What do the background numbers mean?

KL metro can take you to any relevant place without ever setting foot outside, great when you can't handle tropical climate. Too bad the tickets are expensive.

Also no Durian on board.

Areas, you take a subscription for a specific set of areas (the more areas you have, the more expensive)

The zone. You're not charged a flat fee but rather the number of zones you go through. So staying in 1 zone is cheaper than going through 3 zones. I think there is a maximum they can charge you in one day though.

Singapore MRT is probably one of the best metro I used desu, clean, fast, reliable. Only problem is that you litteraly aren't allowed to drink water inside (Still did because thug life)

Admittedly I only made a single journey, but it didn't seem as bad the Paris metro. Felt a lot less ghetto despite being in an African/Arabic area.

That seems like it can get pretty costly. Where I live (Bronx, NYC) it only costs me $2.75 to get down to Brooklyn. I feel like if NYC had this system it would cost me much more. How much does it cost to ride the tube?

Orchard station spotted. Used to live 2 minutes from there. Haven't been back in years. Are journeys still like 40 cents?

posting my shitty LA metro map with under construction lines

Vancouver Skytrain.

We have pretty limited rail transit, but overall Vancouver transit is probably one of the city's strongest features.

It can be pretty pricey. I recently paid £5 to get from Canary Wharf to London Euston, a pretty common and standard journey. Still, the maximum daily charge is only like £9 so I could get a return and basically travel free of charge for the rest of the day.

Can't think of any other metro I used aside form NY

True, which is way I said Brussels one is empty.

The Parisian metro is just too small plus the fact that everyone works in the city and lives outside makes it way too congested.

No idea but I remember it was cheap, I took a tourist pass and regretted after seeing the prices of tickets.

Are you B?

Zone 1 to 2 is 2.90 mate, not sure what you're on. Maybe what happened was you didn't touch out, which means it charges your card the max fare possible

Dunno, I just paid for a loose ticket not an Oyster Card.

Am i B?

Forget it, B was just an old English regular who lived in SG.

How was life there for you desu? It seemed like a nice but boring place when I was there.

Comfy as fuck, I lived right next to Taipei bridge station :3

Ahh, i was a child/teenager because my dad was an expat at the time. Lived a life of luxury that'll i'll probably never experience again Tbh. Lived in a 6 million pound flat paid for by the company next to orchard road.There was loads to do and see as a kid. I've been back a couple of times and can see how it would be pretty boring for people in their early 20's. i really like the food there, and it's all pretty nostalgic for me when i do visit. Clubs are shite though

looks cool

why do most yanks hate public transport

new york metro is shit

I like the retro feel, but its confusing as fuck.

I couldnt find a sighn or map anywhere in the subway so I guessed my way around.

And this annoying ass hobo at Grand Central tried to take my money.

>the 1 line splits into two routes at a station named "Guro"

Don't know it desu. But I freaking loved Taipei, I fall in live with the place and I want to go back there desu.

Stayed a week in Ximending and the place was lots of fun and the rest of the city is so cute and comfy :3

Iktf, my cousins lived that life in KL.

Better living a fulfilling and exciting life in London than a boring wealthy one in SG imo.

There are maps in every subway car, station, and platform. Also google maps is your friend.

Hard for tourists to get mobile signal unless they want to pay arm and a leg to roam. Or does subway have free wifi?

i love it. ride it as much as i can cause it's usually a lot faster than driving sometimes and it's just up the road where i live

for LA at least, most people just don't live nearby a train stop to warrant using it, although that's improving with quite a few subway and route extensions currently in being built

LIRR uses a similar pricing system, actually.

You can see it on the yellow line, It's next to the river. That station wasn't finished when I lived there though (but I visited Taiwan again when it was finished and its like 2 minutes from where I lived), so I would take the bus to Taipei main station or Minquan west road and take the subway from there.

Hopefully going back again this autumn. Really love the place.

Pic related is my city's metro system, not much bc public transport isn't that big in Miami.
Fun fact, limestone being everywhere makes digging underground a massive dick, so it's a monorail instead of a subway.

>original trams(top image) scrapped in the 50s
>eventually replaced with 1(one) line
JUST

Do you speak any mandarin?
I had a hard time with only English desu.

Yes, I studied there for two years. I'm pretty decent, though I can't write very well anymore. I listen to lots of chinese music and I also have some friends that I talk to on Skype, it helps a lot. Otherwise I probably would've forgotten much more.

The first time I went there, I didn't know any mandarin at all, it wasn't easy ordering food and such. But people are usually helpful from my experience. Anyway I liked the language so much that I decided to study it, and eventually went back there to study mandarin. I don't regret it.

我是佛山人。

Pretty simple and straightforward desu

I love our metro тбх

>that circle connecting all the outer-lines
Genius

Singapore mrt is shit. the train is hot as fuck, inefficient as fuck.

I am waiting for this