What is Uruguay like? Culture, history, society, etc

What is Uruguay like? Culture, history, society, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucha_de_Puertos
infobae.com/2014/02/05/1541633-puerto-montevideo-perdio-44-del-trafico-restricciones-argentinas/
diario.latercera.com/2011/06/26/01/contenido/la-tercera-el-semanal/34-74195-9-la-toma-chilena-de-rio-gallegos.shtml
elobservador.com.uy/conflicto-la-frontera-brasil-frena-ingreso-y-detiene-camiones-uruguayos-n944197
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflicto_entre_Argentina_y_Uruguay_por_plantas_de_celulosa
elobservador.com.uy/para-argentina-uruguay-aun-es-un-paraiso-fiscal-n231061
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Anthem_of_Uruguay
youtube.com/watch?v=F3fxjO3_Xes
youtube.com/watch?v=SNc98YagX_k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_del_Inca
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BRAZILIAN

british colony
dude cows lmao

Brazilian clay who behaves line a mini-Argentina

Argentinalet

Sup Forums truly is a great and worthwhile board.

as great and worthwhile as my life!

just like Entre Ríos, Argentina, but with more details nobody cares about

why cisplatina why

I promise you that by the end of this century they will be intergrated into South Brazil.

over my dead body
yes i didn't die yet

The only reason urugay exists is so that brazil doesnt have access to the river plate. Literally.
Urugayans are just argies in denial who, besides arrogant, are also fake as fuck.
Theres nothing you can do there. The only landscape they have are some beaches (that are nowhere near brazil's level).

/hilo

I'm going there next year I'll let you know how it is

just don't buy cigars there, they're overtaxed

LOS ARGENTINOS SON CASTIZOS

Pretty much this, but I don't think they are that arrogant.

t. el yorugua que chicanea en francia

qt 3.14

this is right. Uruguay is a compromise between Argentina and Brasil, reached through British mediation, through which Uruguay, whose inhabitants are the same people as the Argentines of Entre Rios and Buenos Aires, doesnt become a part of Argentina, but also doesnt become a part of Brasil, allowing Brasil to have ports on the River plate.
Also, if Uruguay were a part of Argentina, Montevideo would be the most important harbor, not Buenos Aires, so there were always strong interests in Buenos Aires to not be in union with Uruguay.

Uruguay has much better beaches than Argentina, and is full of Argentines in the summer, generally, well off Argentines.
Brasil has better beaches, but is more dangerous, and gets more working class style Argentine immigrants.
Like all small countries who manufacture very little, they support free trade much more than both Argentina and Brasil.

>Also, if Uruguay were a part of Argentina, Montevideo would be the most important harbor, not Buenos Aires, so there were always strong interests in Buenos Aires to not be in union with Uruguay.

They fuck with us anyway.

Then:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucha_de_Puertos

And recentrly:

infobae.com/2014/02/05/1541633-puerto-montevideo-perdio-44-del-trafico-restricciones-argentinas/

Buenos Aires has always sabotaged us because the port of Buenos Aires is shit an can't compete with Montevideo's so they always tried shit to kill it.

Also you can see how the MERCADO COMÚN DEL SUR, always shields us from argentinian protectionism. kek

You have to come back.

Oh yeah they are. They have the "im humble" complex. But everytime they have something to show off they act like shit. Also they have a serius problem with Argentina and argentinians.

If you want to trigger some dinos, just tell them

>"Hey are you from Argentina right?"

Literally they loose all their shit.

No one loses their shit, it gets tiring after the 100th time people ask you if you are from Argentina tho.

wish we had them as neighboors instead of peruvians, bolivians and argentinians.

me too to be honest
plus all the greatest football players in Paraguay are uruguayan

i wish that would stop you from mass migrating here but i doubt it

Merge with Argentina and you'll have a border with them
But you already tried, no?

ajskajksjaksjaksjksjaksjjaksjaksk

>mass migrating

keep lying to yourself

you know it's true

officially? no
don't believe in the brazilian lies

this, worst guay

Actually people who move there are just middle class commies who want the muh free education dream
low class people won't move there because they'll have it worse than here
just read a little bit outside int pequeño

>their flag is a ripoff of the Argentine flag
>their anthem is a ripoff of the Argentine anthem
>their people are a ripoff of Buenos Aires' people
>their culture is a ripoff of Argentine culture

they should be an Argentine province (they are) but their country is so small that literally nobody gives a fuck about them, so it's ok.

diario.latercera.com/2011/06/26/01/contenido/la-tercera-el-semanal/34-74195-9-la-toma-chilena-de-rio-gallegos.shtml

I wish we had other neighbors as well, Argentina and Brazil do whatever they want with us and we just have to take it because they are 100 times bigger than us.

Brazil closes the border for our goods whenever they want, ignoring Mercosur laws:

elobservador.com.uy/conflicto-la-frontera-brasil-frena-ingreso-y-detiene-camiones-uruguayos-n944197

And Argentina, well, besides trying to kill our port with mercantilistic and blatantly illegal sanctions, they have also accused us of being a tax heaven, have closed international bridges for years and have sent us to international courts just because a company decided to invest here and not in Argentina.

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflicto_entre_Argentina_y_Uruguay_por_plantas_de_celulosa

elobservador.com.uy/para-argentina-uruguay-aun-es-un-paraiso-fiscal-n231061

If we complain in the Mercosur they literally tell us that "sucks for you" since Argentina and Brazil call the shots.

And this is just actual news or from a few years, we have always suffered proxy civil wars, economic and diploatic sabotage, outright invasions, etc.

False. Why are south american countries always lying about Brazil and Argentina? Where does this vedetta come from? I don't understand.

>Argentina and Brazil do whatever they want with us and we just have to take it because they are 100 times bigger than us
Are you trying to imply that we bully you?

They just want international gibsmedats, as literally every other country in South America except Brazil and Argentina.

2bf we kinda do.

you're as bad as USA in terms of hipocrysy and perfidy

vos no, sos un hijo de puta pero sincero. yo te banco

Living on a buffer state sucks, who would have thought?

More lies. We have a chivalrous culture that emphasies honesty.

>We have a chivalrous culture that emphasies honesty.

You are right with the others but completely wrong about the anthem, it has nothing to do with Argentina's, If Debalí plagiarized someone it was Donizetti's opera.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Anthem_of_Uruguay

youtube.com/watch?v=F3fxjO3_Xes

youtube.com/watch?v=SNc98YagX_k

They are very different.

they have ten times the population of tierra del fuego and santa cruz combined

>We have a chivalrous culture that emphasies honesty

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War

from your link itself
>"The government of the Republic of Paraguay will consider any occupation of the Oriental territory [i.e. Uruguay] as an attempt against the equilibrium of the states of the Plate which interests the Republic of Paraguay as a guarantee for its security, peace, and prosperity; and that it protests in the most solemn manner against the act, freeing itself for the future of every responsibility that may arise from the present declaration. —José Berges, Paraguayan chancellor, to Vianna de Lima, Brazilian minister to the Paraguayan government. August 30, 1864."
>"he traditional view emphasizes the policies of Paraguayan president Francisco Solano López who used the Uruguayan War as a pretext to gain control of the Platine basin"
in other words wikipedia is a bunch of stupid kids playing edit wars. don't believe everything that's written on it

One day we will genocide Brazil and Argentina together.

I hope you do m8

I cannot comprehend where this bloodlust comes from. its seems the -guayians are born with fanaticism in their hearts.

lmao. nigga we could steamroll any time we want, and we dont even have a proper army anymore.

A Spanish rip-off of South brasil with less Germans.

it's self defense

Our ridiculously long original anthem had very badass parts:

Dominado la Iberia dos mundos
Ostentaba su altivo poder,
Y a sus plantas cautivo yacía
El Oriente sin nombre ni ser:
Mas, repente sus hierros trozando
Ante el dogma que Mayo inspiró,
Entre libres, déspotas fieros,
Un abismo sin puente se vió.

Su trozada cadena por armas,
Por escudo su pecho en la lid,
De su arrojo soberbio temblaron
Los feudales campeones del Cid:
En los valles, montañas y selvas
Se acometen con muda altivez,
Retumbando con fiero estampido
Las cavernas y el cielo a la vez.

El estruendo que en torno resuena
De Atahualpa la tumba se abrió,
Y batiendo sañudo las palmas
Su esqueleto, venganza! gritó:
Los patriotas el eco grandioso
Se electrizan en fuego marcial,
Y en su enseña más vivo relumbra
De los Incas el Dios inmortal.

Festejando la gloria, y el día
De la nueva República el Sol,
Con vislumbres de púrpura y oro,
Engalana su hermoso arrebol.
Del Olimpo la bóveda augusta
Resplandece, y un ser divinal
Con estrellas escribe en los cielos,
Dulce Patria, tu nombre inmortal.

De las leyes el Numen juremos
Igualdad, patriotismo y unión,
Inmolando en sus aras divinas
Ciegos odios, y negra ambición.
Y hallarán los que fieros insulten
La grandeza del Pueblo Oriental,
Si enemigos, la lanza de Marte
Si tiranos, de Bruto el puñal!

I can't even paste it all in a single post lol, we should bring it back and spend like 20 minutes singing it every time.

sorry bro i didn't know brazil was that bad and evil

let's be friends. War is not good

porque larpean como indios, que desgracia

its ok mang just gibe reparations

if i had the power i would

CHI

CHI

It was cool to be americanist and shiet to oppose Spain at the time

muh incas muh sun

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_del_Inca
kek, es aun mas gracioso si tienes en cuenta la obsesion de argentina con ser blanca

My ex-crush is from Montevideo.
Cool lass la boluda, I'd meet her up more often but I don't like the friends she made when she changed to that shitty faculty of philosophy and letters to study that meme ''major''

She also got dreadlocks, dear lord.

Mini Argentina

We're not arrogant we're just better than Argentina.

It's not like you killed 70% of their population.

Oh wait!

He's not right, Argentina has the flag it has because of Montevideo Freemasons.

Prove it.

t. 3rd world country

It's a country

t.First world country

If i had a shitton of money if live in uruguay desu

t. pothead

nah dont even use it

i have not read a single post in this thread but i assume that people are bullying uruguay

please be nice to uruguay

Thanks yankee

YOU LEAVE URUGUAY ALONE

We are the cutest country and have the cutest cows, that's why the Argentines are jealous.

Argentines want our land, they'd made Montevideo the capital if we were part of them.

Their port fucking sucks.

That goes without saying.

>Culture, history, society
They have none of that

>besides arrogant, are also fake as fuck.
Like Argentinians

Manolo, go preparing your bags for when you move here again after something happens in europe and you need a place to live.

What is it this time? middle east refugees?

>Manolo, go preparing your bags for when you move here again after something happens in europe and you need a place to live.
100k Uruguayans live in Spain.wtf are you mumbling about?

You seem to have poor memory, do I need to remind you that almost everyone here is descendant of spaniards that came in hordes whenever they were dying of hunger in europe?

Every single time you europoors are doing poorly you come here and to argentina, no exceptions. Same goes for italians and french

>100k Uruguayans live in Spain

And 20k spaniards live in uruguay

>Unos 200 uruguayos llegan diariamente a la embajada de España para consultar cómo estudiar, trabajar o irse a vivir a ese país. La cifra duplica la de años anteriores y si bien dentro del Consulado descartan que se esté comenzando a producir un "nuevo éxodo", dicen que los números muestran que se revierte la tendencia y que los uruguayos que volvieron de España con la crisis en ese país desatada en 2008 están buscando la manera de retornar.

>Unos 4.000 uruguayos entran a España cada mes, de los cuales 4 a 6 son rechazados en la frontera por no llevar los papeles en regla o no poder justificar medios para su estancia. Para el embajador español en Uruguay, Roberto Varela, es una cifra "muy baja".

4000 al mes, joder, parece que se hunde el barco.

Meme numbers made by political oposition.

None of those are official.

>unironically quoting El Pais
All my sides.

Also that kind of people disgust me
> Su experiencia la llevó a trabajar en una empresa industrial en Barcelona años atrás.
>Coincidente con la crisis se volvió a Uruguay, pero en 2014 la firma la volvió a convocar y no dudó en retomar su vida en España.

They have no country, they're leeches.

Uruguay is a nice version of Rio Grande do Sul.

>You seem to have poor memory, do I need to remind you that almost everyone here is descendant of spaniards that came in hordes whenever they were dying of hunger in europe?
You are more Italian and nigger than Spanish.Pedro Medizonna.

It wouldn't exist except for PERFIDIOUS ALBION JEWING ARGENTINA OUT OF ITS RIGHTFUL TERRITORY YET AGAIN.

All of the Southern Cone would be ARgentine and first world if not for LOS PIRATAS INGLATERRA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Not really, we recieved a few more spaniards than italians, that's why the average uruguayan is so lazy, dumb and dark.

>ctr+f
>Argentina
>32 results

>ctrl+f
>Uruguay
>31 results