Did you grow up religious?

Did you grow up religious?

What do you think of your country's main religion?

My dad was fedora, my mom gave only a slight shit about religion.
I don't mind catholicism, religious bydło and poverty keeps muslims at bay.

main religion is atheism and Confucianism combined with a touch of shamanism. I think it's pretty fucked up.

Kind of. I was raised as a Protestant but my mom never took me to church or anything like that because she thinks church people are weird. The only religious thing she ever had me do was pray before I went to bed sometimes.

was raised catholic but I wasn't really religious, just following the tradition

>church of Sweden
dunno anything about it desu, they have some nice cathedrals

>main religion is atheism

>atheism
>religion

No, as far back as I can remember I always was an atheist.

The Netherlands' biggest religion right now surprisingly is Catholicism, not Protestantism (or Calvinism to be more precise). When looking at the world as a whole, Protestants are clearly superior to Catholics, but here in the Netherlands there barely is a difference, except that a small fraction of the Protestants are really American-tier religious and thus very obnoxious.

mother greek orthodox, father catholic
they decided not to have their kids baptized and let them choose for themselves

neither of us turned out religious at all

no

it's irrelevant in everyday's life

Grew up in a split house. Mother was very Roman Catholic and my father came from a Methodist home. We split time between both churches, but my mother's family was more religious. I'm not at all and my sister use to still consider herself Catholic, but she never goes to church and I don't think she even owns a bible. My father has drifted away from it as well in recent years.

When I was a child I was obsessed with christianity. Now I think it's very fucking stupid.

based auvinen

I was baptized roman Catholic but i fell out when i thought their doctrine was false. Now I'm becoming more religious as i get older

>mother Greek orthodox but not very religious
>wanted to baptise me because her greek family would've given us lots of gifts
>didn't do it in the end
I wish she did.

1. I grew up as a Mormon, times were sometimes good and sometimes bad. It was a little difficult to get out from there, but know I'm out of all that crazy stuff.
2. I don't have a problem with catholicism at all, if that's the Mexican culture, let it be

Are you the guy with the crazy name.

My parents and grandparents are all atheist. But I was baptised. My parents for some reason didn't take me to church service on religious holidays like easter, christmas, all saint's day, and St. John's day. When I get kids I'll probally take them to church.

The Danish State Church has this coming of age ritual called the confirmation. You basically attend sunday church and bible studies for 6 months, "confirm" that you're christian, and then everyone in your class have parties with your family where you leave halfway through to have fun with your friends instead.

Most families don't require you to actually confirm, but if you want gifts you have to attend church and bible studies class. Only degenerates and commies get gifts without attending.

80% of people attend church & bible studies, another 80% of them actually confirm. I did both
Lutherean-Evangelical Danish State Church btw.

Friendly reminder that Christianity isn't inherently evil, and can teach us a lot of things about forgiveness and so on. You just shouldn't try to mold your life based on a 2000 year old book or use it justify wrongdoing.

>grew up a catholic
>at 14 realized I didn't actually believe what I'd been taught
>talked to my parents about it
>they both admit they don't either but the school system here insists that you are a catholic child to get entry into most schools

probably not the case anymore, but it definitely was in the mid 90's

*Take them to church on religious holidays

Shame what the catholic church did to Ireland

>Did you grow up religious?
no
>What do you think of your country's main religion?
>your country
>religion
lmao

The divisionism of the Protestant churches disillusioned me. They make a new denomination over every little thing. Churches split over which songs they want to sing, it's ridiculous. I also wish we kept the beauty of the Catholic churches. I get all religious every time I walk in a Cathedral. We made God's house so bland.

I appreciate the community support and morals but damn do we bicker.