Exchanging to the US

Hey, Sup Forums.

I'm looking to exchange to the US next year and it turns out my university has pretty limited partners and I'm not sure which is the best (I'm doing comp sci). Right now ASU and UoF seem to be the best, but I figured that I'd better ask where someone might actually know a thing or two and be able to inform me that I may be retarded.

Any burgers who help will get 1 (one) Kinder Surprise smuggled into the country.

Other urls found in this thread:

desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/int/image/1482/55/1482555969672.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh also kinda looking at Illinois Institute of Technology but I can't seem to find that much on it.

Northeastern is pretty good for CS

UF and ASU are huge schools, but I know more people at UF for CS

Both are in pretty boring cities

Northeastern is in Fenway which is in Boston proper and it's pretty dense

You could try one semester at Northeastern maybe

ASU has a super nice campus, the hottest women of any uni, and tons of parties. Say hi to my cousin for me.

Personally I loved Phoenix when I visited, but it was only for a few days.

Avoid the big state schools, they're generally no better than what you'd get at home. I'd also avoid Northeastern just to stay out of Bombston. I've heard good things about Illinois Tech, it would be my first choice if I were in your situation

>I'm not sure which is the best
depends why you're studying abroad

I toured the San José State campus when I was deciding where to go. It's a nice place. There's a lot of good food to be had around there, and you can take the BART around the rest of the Bay for other things to do.

I go to ASU and I love it here, but I don't go to the main campus like you would.

The main campus is basically just downtown Tempe, busy streets with lots of people, parties all over the place. The dorm building I've visited my friend in is shitty but there are nice apartments on campus that i've seen from the outside.

Just curious, what makes you want to come out to the States?

Fuck off we're full
desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/int/image/1482/55/1482555969672.png

>ASU
shitty part school

>Northeastern
goof

>Alabama
shitty party school

>San Jose State
the California university system is good but i've never heard of san jose state

>Illinois Institute of Tech
usually if it has ____ Institute of _____ and you've never heard of it before, just skip over it
also,
>be in chicago
>get shot

>University of Florida
shitty party school

>New Mexico
literally where

I somehow missed Northeastern in my research and it looks nice. I'll look into it.

What's the problem with Boston? I only know of that one bombing.

I want to go to the States because I want to eventually move there cause AU doesn't have a tech industry, and exchange looks good on a résumé.

Rude.

>My school is there
Don't come to San Jose State m8. It's a good school, but it's seriously boring as fuck. There's very little to do downtown, unless you really like bars and discos. No one parties, no one hangs out, and everyone is studying all the time. I mean it's a good school if you just want to get a good business or engineering degree ASAP and move on to a good job, but there are schools that do that just as well and are in interesting places.

Northeastern!!! Fuck the rest of America New England all tha wayyy babyyyyy!!!! Woooooo!!! PATS NATION!!!!!

you'll like asu in phoenix because it's hot as fuck just like Australia

Don't really care about parties but I ruled it out on the basis that it's in California.

If the picture is all that's available to you I would say sjsu or asu.
I would recommend avoiding alabama.

>comp sci degree
>hates California, aka the place where all the big tech firms and highest paying tech jobs are
Well, I'm sure you have your reasons for hating the best state, and there are tech jobs available elsewhere, but you're seriously gimping yourself by not at least starting out in the bay area.

If I have to be in Cali it'd better be for a good reason (aka high paying tech job).
I actually ruled it out because it doesn't seem to be ranking even remotely high on any list I've seen. Open to still look at it though.

Man just come to ASU, and stop by the Polytech campus while you're out here

I've been dying to meet an Aussie for a while now thanks to Sup Forums

>quads
Welp

Bonus of going to ASU is that you can come visit my town like everyone else in Phoenix does every single weekend.

>Fagstaff

no thanks

Good, stay down there in your heat island

Boston and Chicago are interesting, but you would probably have more fun in California. Florida and Arizona might be okay. New Mexico is really pretty at night, but not much going on there. Same with Alabama and San Jose. Those are complete shit.

I actually love Northern Arizona, I'd move up to Prescott or Show Low immediately if I could

I just don't like the constant smell of weed and furnaces, or hippie vegan snowboarders

>all these ASU students
major/year?

t. freshman SCM student

IFT freshman here.

Are you staying in the W.P Carey dorms? I've heard about the crazy shit that happens there

Prescott and Show Low are great, I take back what I said

>tfw you never go downtown because the stores are all full of hippy nonsense
>can't eat there either because everything is expensive vegan/organic bullshit
>Also 'no guns' signs in every window

fug I forgot pictures don't work right now

Barrett. Still shit.

also why are you studying IFT? isn't that just a watered down version of CIS, which is a watered down version of CS/CSE?

forgot to mention im double majoring in cis/scm (fell for the business meme)

Yeah i went up to Prescott for E2 camp last summer and I remember there being gun stores on literally every street corner in the valley

RIP, I'd probably hate my life if I lived anywhere on Tempe campus

I'd say Northeastern m8. Probably the best academically of the ones you've listed, plus Boston is an awesome city.

Because it's more general than those majors

I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do as a career, I just knew that it was going to be on a computer

Honestly, it's not too late to switch to something else. Just looked at the major map for IFT, and I took most of those classes already (brief calc, eng 101, etc.). The problem with broad, general degrees is that you end up being some sort of jack of all trades, master of none.

Alternatively, ignore my advice, continue with the IFT program, and learn/do shit on your own so you can stand out.

I got all that general stuff out of the way already, either last semester or dual enrollment credits, so i'm taking four major required classes right now plus a science

By junior year you choose a path for the last 4 semesters which gets pretty damn specific, so I will definitely be focusing on one aspect much more than the others