Apparently Paraguay fought a war against Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina...

Apparently Paraguay fought a war against Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina, that pretty much fucked the entire country forever.
>Lost 50% of territory
>lost 60% total population
>lost 90% of the male population
How do anons from these countries feel about the war? Did Paraguay really deserve to be almost erased from the face of the earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelling_of_Mainila
youtube.com/watch?v=UE33ie5BmP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>that brit hand

Aaah the eternal anglo at it again I see

paraguyanos are nice people

>Posting a pro-revisionist pic
>"muh brazil was britain puppet"
>"muh paraguay was a superpower"

Yes, they deserved it because Solano Lopez was a fucking cunt that thought he could beat the Empire of Brazil and Argentina. If i was Pedro II i wouldn't be too easy on those faggots, i'd split it between the Empire and Argentina.

>muh britain puppet
>Brazil had severed diplomatic relations with England at the time

Fuck off, anglo.

Deserved. This is what happens when you tried to invade Brazil

Why spanish bros were in union with Brazil?

Because Paraguay also tried to invade Argentina. Uruguayans joined because they were our slut.

Fuck anglos desu

The casualty numbers are grossly inflated tho; they are based on a pre-war census that never actually happened.

Paraguay also tried to start shit with the us. So we sent the marines to Paraguay and they ended hashing out their differences over a steak dinner.

and the argie with uruguays alone wouln't be able to handle paraguay by themselves

(also the whole mess started because those uruguayans can't keep their savage soldiers from attacking the borders and murdering peaceful brazilian farmers)

wtf Paraguay stronk

So, uruguayans killed brazilians and that was the reason to attack Paraguay. Seems legit.

>those uruguayans can't keep their savage soldiers from attacking the borders and murdering peaceful brazilian farmers
hmmm wtf?

No, Uruguay was divided between two faction and one of them was gay friend with paraguay and they both plotted to become the greatest south america power together (paraguay was thirsty for that acess to the ocean).
Turns out things got wild in uruguay and they started a civil war, and some soldiers were killing brazilian farmers on the border. Emperor D.Pedro II decided to intervene in behalf of requests from Rio Grande do Sul and invaded Uruguay and settled things down in favor of the colorado party.

Turns out Paraguay was heavy on his faggot relation with uruguayan and invaded Brazil as a response to Brazil intervention in Uruguay. They attacked out of nowhere (up until them we had good relationship and trade), slaughtered and raped a peaceful city and threatened to annex most of our west provinces.

We didn't liked it. And so it begun

Oh, now I see. Thank you.

>and some soldiers were killing brazilian farmers on the border. Emperor D.Pedro II decided to intervene

Shelling of Mainila
>Seven shots were fired, and their fall was detected by three Finnish observation posts. These witnesses estimated that the shells detonated approximately 800 meters inside Soviet territory.[4] Finland proposed a neutral investigation of the incident, but the Soviet Union refused and broke diplomatic relations with Finland on November 29.[5]
>Materials in the private archives of Soviet party leader Andrei Zhdanov heavily hint that the entire incident was orchestrated in order to paint Finland as an aggressor and launch an offensive.[6] The Finnish side denied responsibility for the attacks and identified Soviet artillery as their source – indeed, the war diaries of nearby Finnish artillery batteries show that Mainila was out of range of all of them, as they had been withdrawn previously to prevent such incidents.[7]
>The Finns conducted an immediate investigation, which concluded that no Finnish artillery or mortars could have reached the village of Mainila. Field Marshal C.G.E. Mannerheim had ordered all Finnish guns drawn back out of range.[4] Finnish border guards testified they had heard the sound of artillery fire from the Soviet side of the border.[2]
>Russian historian Pavel Aptekar analyzed declassified Soviet military documents and found that the daily reports from troops located in the area did not report any losses in personnel during the time period in question, leading him to conclude that the shelling of Soviet troops was staged.[8]
>Years after the incident,[when?] Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev wrote that the Mainila shellings were organized by Artillery Marshal Grigory Kulik.[9] In 1994, Russian President Boris Yeltsin denounced the Winter War, agreeing it had been a war of aggression.[10]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelling_of_Mainila

>Apparently
u wot m9?

>severed diplomatic relations with England
yeah nah sempai what about the Brazilian Bank of London?

the total population number and the casualty number were taken from brazilian and unitedstatian sources, and always round to 600,000 and 250,000, hence the assumption that it was exactly 60% lost
there were more POWs than implied and they rebuilt Paraguay (with the occasional help of argentinian, brazilian, bolivian and european semen)

>They attacked out of nowhere
ahem, reinforced the (disputed) border
... yep, Lopez was stupid, should have attacked the south inmediately but he attacked the east first

I had only one history class about the Paraguayan war in my whole life and I live near Paraguay so it's far to say that Brazil treats this war in a very shitty way.

The Paraguayan dictator invaded Brazil by surprise and beheaded the governor of one of our states. We weren't "puppets", the fucking maniac wanted to anex half of my country.

>by surprise
ayyy lmao

we killed them gud lol

tru dat. gg

brazilean talking about paraguayan war is cringey , they think they are the shit

>We weren't "puppets

yes you were.

It's funny how some people still believe that Paraguay was a rising superpooper at the time and that's why Britain interfered.

but thats not why the british interfered.

yeah their objective was always cash
how much each involved country's external debt raised after that?

and.. what did you have to buy and sell to the british after that? .

Historians says that Paraguay was "too independent" at the time and that's why brits interfered. Which is bullshit.

The war killed our empire as well.

>our empire

That could'nt handle a little country by itself.

You were cucked by the british and you dont even realize it.

buy: modern weapons
sell (after war):
- Paragoy: arable lands. it was the only thing left
- Brexil: arable lands, precious stones, cotton and wood, government bonds
- Argieland: arable lands, government bonds... dunno, cows. Falklands were never an issue until much later during the whalers commercial competition for Antarctica

>let me teach you about your country's history

>let me talk about your country

>war lasted years
>naturally we had to make debts
>after that the country was in deep crisis
>military at the time was stronger than ever and very well equipped
>le 1889 coup.jpg

I first read about this in some old reference texts that my family had, of course it never gets mentioned at all in greneral american history classes, except for maybe a sentence

feel some sympathy for that little country

Why can't we simply blame the eternal Anglo and forget the details? The USA had a civil war that disturbed cotton trade to Britain, so they instigated the war in South America to get rid of Paraguayan protectionism. The Kirchner family told me this is what happened so it must be true.

>that little country
thanks (?)

Protectionism actually hurts a lots of butts.

ask Trump.

It was also said that Britain stirred up the War of the Pacific and the Chaco War.

>Chaco War
no, AFAIK the Standard Oil is an unitedstatian company
ah but Royal Dutch Shell is anglo-dutch. you're onto something

Then I bet it sucks to know how inferior you actually are
Paraguay
29.01 billion USD
California
2.448 trillion USD

I wonder what South America would have been like if Paraguay had won the war within three months.

they have like a seventh the population of that state

10x worse than now

did Puragay ever have the slightest chance to win that war or did they get rused?

there was no possible way Paraguay would "win" a war against the empire of Brazil. and then stupid sexy Buenos Aires did the ultimate face-heel turn by not helping Uruguay and Paraguay. i guess Paraguay was more of a pain in the back than Brazil for the argies, so they went along with the plan
let's be absolute WE WUZ and think what could Lopez actually achieve:
- a stalemate with Brazil and taking property all the way to the Verde and Paranapanema river, maybe sea coast but i doubt it. there would probably be war again but later in time
- status as World Police force: division SouthAm
- eternal gratitude from Uruguay instead of the ungrateful fucks they are now. probably sharing border with them
- Lopez' son and grandson would be king--ahem, i mean presidentes after him
- ginormous external debt with Britain that barely justifies the territorial expansion (so another war again but later in time)
- about Argentina: if invading Argentina was necessary and succesful: anexation of Corrientes and Misiones, also forcing them to open market
but yeah just because we speak spanish doesn't mean we're brothers. tough luck Paraguay

> Argentina
> speaking Spanish
Even that is debatable.

you mean paraguayans destroyed the great, mighty, powerfull """""""empire"""""""" of brasil.

all that cocaine is affecting your brain, man

less chance than a snowflake in hell
like i said, maximum take coastland from them, but ALL land? impossible

Paraguay was a superpower, the evil Britain wanted to destroy, believe me!

Pathetic

No, I was just making fun of this:
>The war killed our empire as well.

I always laugh at gommies fairytales too.

shouldn't vote for commies in the first place then
>inb4 "i didn't"
try to make your countrymen not to vote for them, then

Britain my ass. This war was purely nationalistic and the Paraguayan dictator was almost Hitler/Napoleon tier on expansionism

Duque de Caxias matou foi é pouco
(Duque de Caxias didn't slaughtered enough)

youtube.com/watch?v=UE33ie5BmP0

>dat Pikysyry manouver
i'm mad now (yes, only now)

>start a war
>want to take more territories
>le ebin edgy
>lost the war
>b-but it's the Britain fault!

Latin American everyone, always blaming another people for their problems.