Hyperloop Helsinki to Stockholm in under 20 minutes

The state innovation financier Tekes will provide funding for the technical study.

A preliminary analysis of the project conducted last year looked at the requirements for constructing a fixed hyperloop connection between Finland and Sweden.

Such a travel link would take commuters from Helsinki to Stockholm in less than 20 minutes. Commuters would travel from Turku to Sweden via an undersea tunnel and other cities could become transit points.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you know that Sweden has 40% immigrants?

don't want to be in either city so what a SHIT fucking project

t. Atlantis

Yes, they visit Åbo every weekend

>transporting a vessel full of people at breakneck speeds inside a vacuum tube prone to leaks and warping from the enviroment
>"i see nothing wrong with this t. elon musk
literal mong

Indeed, the bridge from Denmark to Sweden has caused massive amounts of Arabs to come here, now Finland wants to build a filthy tunnel from their depressing shithole that I'd never visit. So they can bring over all the 30% Muslims living in Russia?

perhaps you can connect the two so that those arabs walk directly into finland

>Vacuum inside a long tube made from thin material
Are those people braindead? It only take highschool knowledge of physics to understand this would not work. At least with the materials and tehniques available today...

b-but elon musk thought of it so it's magic!

should do the opposite and build a wall to keep the swedes out and preserve finnish culture

>keep the swedes out
bit too late for that

Finns can do anything

>elon musk
I don't understand the fame around him. Most of his ideas are just some sci-fi shit we won't be able to do for the next couple of decades, if not centuries. Yet people think of him as some engineering prophet.

>build a wall

Where?

>to keep the swedes out

Why?

>and preserve finnish culture

Finnish culture is Swedish culture

gotta start sometime

nice
muslims can now come here in less than 20 minutes

i think /mammi/ wants a word with you

he has SOME kinda feasible and actually decent ideas like those solar roof tiles, but most of his shit is fake science and the hype revolves around that. the people who love him most are the kind of people who think liking "i fucking love science" on facebook makes them insightful

yeah
it would totally be us who'd send muslims to you

Well why else would you build this crap.

obviously to come visit you since you seem to love each other so much

I read that right now the most feasible is Helsinki-Tallinn loop, but the end goal is to connect all the countries bordering the Baltic sea. Gotta say it sounds a bit too ambitious.

Yeah, and I've also forgotten to take into account that most people are scientifically illiterate.

if it was up to me we wouldn't because we'll be flooded with swedish muslims

Fucking hell Tekes.
We need a 3 min hyperloop with Tallinn not this Stockholm shit.

Just take the boat like a normal person.

>yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/a_vision_of_twin_cities_-_study_moves_ahead_on_helsinki-tallinn_tunnel/9116610

soon

>ywn build a train that connects you to scandinavian penninsular
going to end it all lads

You think we want to? Its another jewy invention.

If Swedish Muslims were interested in coming here they would have already come here using the boats that travel back and forth several times a day for just €20.

Want to laugh more? Search how optimistic are the costs per km of this thing.

We are doing fine despite our long border with Sweden. All it takes is a shieldmaiden like Sylvi Listhaug

>want to take ferry norway
>only one runs
>it's from a shithole like immingham
>not for passengers anymore anyway
ffs lads i just want to visit my northern brothers

Wait hyperloop is an american company. What fucking jewery is that some random americans want to built completely useless tunnel like that? Keep swedes and their muslims out please

Wasn't there a boat running to Bergen a couple of years ago?

Good, can't wait to graduate and head towards there for work

>Hyberoob

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM
It's a scam, video related.

>hyperloop is an american company.

No, it's open source.

why do finns post always trash news about their country here?

This is our board

20 minutes?
takes me 5 minutes to walk to finland

Why are tornedalians so awful

Hyperloop is a joke, I can't believe anyone is even considering funding it. I wish democracy wasn't a joke so we could vote to trash this retarded idea.

idk i got bullied by them too

You mad?

They actually bullied me

guess we have something in common

And people say its "tornedalian culture" to get to know each other by punching each other to face or calling them names, what a shitty place

>Thunderf00t fanboy faggots ITT
>Muhh impossible vacuum chamber
But it isn't a vacuum chamber. The air pressure is just very low (around 100 Pa, demonstrably possible to be maintained even with small fractures in the tube).
>B- but muhh heat expansion!
Yeah? Scientist and engineers are aware of that. Have been for some time. There are multiple different ways to address this.
>BUT YOU WILL DIE IF THE TUBE BREAKS! LIKE GETTING SHOT OUT OF A GUN!
Chem major fails at physics. What's new. What is square cube law lmao.

No but remember that hundreds if not thousands of scientists and engineers from every relevant field are just so incompetent/bribed(?)/dumb that all their work can be debunked by a 10 min youtube video.

Then you have the audacity to call others "scientifically illiterate". LMAO

Hello Haaparanda

Fuck off, then why don't they start building it? It's not a new idea, it's been there for quite a while. Show me scientific papers that show how this structure could be build with current materials and technology, just show me. And tell me which serious academic group of scientists does actually support this idea.

I'm always skeptical when things have such a massive amount of hype surrounding them. Maglev never took off, either.
And I live in a country without a properly developed train network. If building train tracks isn't economically feasible, how will the hyperloop be? The country is pretty much all mountains.
And the hyperloop doesn't even have a proof of concept yet. I'll see how the pilot project goes before I get onboard with this thing.

Because we are in the research&development phase? And you're asking for quite a lot there mate. I'm just pointing out that the popular contrarian "proofs" why it can't work are total bullshit. Also the thing doesn't require any exotic materials or unknown technologies so I don't really understand what you're talking about.

I mean it might be a total pipe dream. I'm just angry when phony wannabe-physicists talk about things they don't know anything about because they want to be on the contrarian side just to seem smarter than they are.

And I don't really understand your question. Nobody is talking about Norway's mass transit economics.

The only sad part is that both cities are across a inland sea.
Going from Stockholm to Helsinki means that quite frankly, it doesn't do anything for infrastructure.

Helsinki Bodo/Faukse/Tromso would be impressive, because it would mean entirely new oppertunities for moving cargo and setting/expanding urban places along the route.

Helsinki Stockholm is basically a sea tunnel.
If you go via Rauma or Pori, it could look okay in Finnish side.
For Swedish side, you would want to at the least go to Gavle before crossing, otherwise its just a Åland tunnel.

Is this, dare I say it? /our board/.

Its not like Vacuum tubes is Alien technology.

tube mailing all the migrants back to Sweden!

sounds good to me brahs

I wish more countries would post news about their country, it's interesting. The only ones who do it at the moment are Yanks from Sup Forums, Poles, and Finns.

>Fuck off, then why don't they start building it?
They're testing it rn ya doofus. The first one will be built in the UAE around 2020.