Do nordics really freeze up when you try to make small talk with them or is it just memes

do nordics really freeze up when you try to make small talk with them or is it just memes

just memes

they're not that autistic at all, most are turbo normies

t. lived in and around sweden for a year

slightly disappointed

if you talk to random people in public, you will be considered:

A. an alchoholic/drug addict
B. mentally ill
C. a dangerous psychopathic serial killer

sorry

Or D. tourist.

Seriously, last 5~ times someone has talked to me in public places have been all druggies, drunks or crazy people except one was some anglo tourist who asked for directions

>Anglos
C

Damn, why was I born in Brazil and not in some nordic country? It's really a hell being shy and antisocial here, people look at you like you are some kind of alien or retard.

stop believing memes

being introvert in the nordics is worse since you'll have zero people trying to get you out of your shell

plus the turbonormies

>sweden

I guarantee that if you strike up a conversation here with a stranger in public it's going to be awkward as fuck nine times out of ten

Most of here do.
Small talk is unnecessary, and if you do it you are pretending something you really are not. Finns are honest in my opinion.

it would be weird anywhere else too. The nordic countries really aren't special in this regard. You guys also have a ton of hyper americanized turbo normies so..

that would be weird even in talkative cunts unless in social places like pub and shiet
dont you talk to family or relatives or close friends with small talk? only about philosophy and economical crisis?
question to all nordcucks

it's like that in most countries that aren't America. I don't think it's autism it's just a different culture, people will still be friendly most of the time

>You guys also have a ton of hyper americanized turbo normies
's'true

It's not a meme.
We would rather stand on the bus than sit next to a stranger

WOW you are SO special

UNPRECEDENTED behavior! GOd why aren't OTHER countries like that HAAHha

DAMN you fellas are REAL autistic

STAND on the motherfucking BUS? hot DIGGITY!

I really hate the smugness with which no(r)dicks talk about their supposed cultural introvertedness (total meme), as if they are special and better.

>svalbard is a separate country
>aland isn't

No we're not that far gone.
People just generally avoid talking to complete strangers unless they have good reason for it.

if anything is autistic then it's the need to subject people who want as little to do with you as possible to your inane prattle that benefits neither party. it's a question of respecting others and not rudely flaunting your own self-obsession at people, not inability.

This tbqh. It's just a huge meme because of tourists who come here (mainly Americans and non-yuropoors) and fail to realize the cultural differences, so they think we're either cold or introverted/autistic by nature.
I get why some wants to keep it as a maymay because lol so uniq xDDD, but it's fucking stupid.

here i often hear that italians are very talkative and annoying, but none of us would behave any different than what are you saying, unless some pussy involved
yeah must be this, fags larping to be some byronic hero

whats a good way to start some chit chat at say, a bar or coffeeshop.. would hey whatcha drinking/how's that be too much

unless you are chad or in team and both sides slightly to heavy drunk you will mostly get awkward answers

ok so i'll give you the experience i've had with all of those countries since i've been to all of them many times.

the only time the """""autistic""""" meme is true is in finland. not for me tho since estonians and finns hit off really well, but i've noticed they are the most reluctant to do small talk. they have a small baggage of small talk prepared so you might be in your comfy zone some time, but it runs dry really quick and you realize that if you have nothing important or meaningful to talk about you better just shut the fuck up and think of things yourself. this is not the case in sweden or denmark. bit less so in norway for whatever reason, i don't know if they are just naturally polite or they enjoy small talk, but it's easier there, at least in oslo, dunno about the regions.

tl:dr not really, with some notable exceptions

Scandi culture is pretty reserved, but it's more about politeness and individual space than some kind of ingrained social anxiety or autism.

Like said, we're largely normies.

At a bar you might strike up conversation since the social conventions are loosened in that specific setting, but in a coffee shop the "don't bother strangers" principle still applies. I'm not saying you can't start a conversation with a swede in a coffee shop and get more than weird stares back, but rather that it's not expected at all. You might be percieved as someone who's got an agenda.

As it should fucking be to be honest

>You might be percieved as someone who's got an agenda.
this. i'm just waiting for you to pull out "literature" and start talking about mormon jesus or saving the whales, after which I'll say thanks but I'm not interested and hope you fuck off.

most common is some scam try here, be it obvious or subtle

we usually have a whole bunch of norwegian students at my school from oslo. they usualy stick with each other of course but they all were very easy going and fun to talk to during class