/éire/

Celts rising edition

Other urls found in this thread:

catholicleague.org/irelands-mass-graves-story-is-fake-news/
irishtimes.com/news/politics/we-can-t-make-ireland-great-again-because-it-was-always-sh-t-1.2995590
irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/reserve-defence-forces-may-cease-to-exist-within-months-1.2970103
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anime

Why don't Irish people speak Irish? A 4 letter word starting with c and ending with k perhaps?

*stares blankly*

Cook?

I'm not a fan of Cork myself but I'd say Dublin's the bigger problem.

L E A F

How can we still defend the Church after all they shtuff they've pulled lads?

Piss off Aussie, we know what you were saying last thread.

I wasn't even in the last thread bhoy

WELL CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GOT YOURSELVES ELECTED

NOW WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP OF YOUR MASTER PLAN

Sleepy little Irishbois

what is this prod SHITE?

To answer your possibly concern-troll question:
>people are focusing only on the negative stories, normies because that's all they're hearing, and that's all they're hearing because the people in charge of certain presently influential institutions have vested/ideological interests in vilifying the RCC and rewriting history if they can get away with it (they have). Protestants and leftist-atheists have always hated and persecuted the good churchmen when they can get away with it, expecting them to speak even-handedly is foolish. They'll talk about some crazy nuns and homo priests a few decades ago raping and neglecting/murdering children, but they won't talk about the educational, moral, or social good things the church did for centuries, in the face of the Protestants who reduced us to slaves and destroyed what was built before. (And you won't get them to concede this - the anti-clericals just don't care).
>bad apples and institutional failures don't damn the organisation per se. The RCC still stands in principle against not just infanticide and pedophilia, but the steps on the slope before them: promiscuity and homosexuality. Modern society stands fully behind infanticide and any degree of adult sexual perversion, and plays its own little games about "consent" and the age at which it can be conducted. It would be more worth talking about the morals that AREN'T being aspired to now, than it is to talk about the ones that were once ignored and betrayed.
>(Most pertinently), the RCC can't be blamed in isolation for this. Those in secular society who had jurisdiction as much or more than the RCC, official and unofficial, (government, gardaí, the parents, the local busybodies), might have effected the bringing-to-light of these outrages against both civil society and the church, but they did not. Either we believe the very convenient lie that the church was this absolute power over secular society, or we see that secular society bares blame.

Why are Irish men so sexy? Like my man Morrissey pictured.

but he's english

So i should stop listening to (((them))) and continue to worship our lord and saviour?

His parents – Elizabeth (née Dwyer) and Peter Morrissey[7] – were working-class Irish Catholics.[8] They had emigrated to Manchester from Dublin with his only sibling, elder sister Jacqueline, a year prior to his birth.

Certified /ourlad/

And I know there's a certain tack the normie/redditor types will take in response to this half-assed apologia, so I'll provide some of these points pre-emptively if any of you have so little sanity/so much autism as to debate those types of people on these topics.

>Why are you defending the organisation against the fact that they raped/murdered children!? How dare you, I can't even, etc etc...
It's not the actions that are being defended, nor is it the members of the organisation (nor those outside) guilty of participation in these crimes, it's the organisation itself that's being defended from the implication (or bald-faced "da Jooz" tier assertion after re-assertion from the less bright) that
The principle that the collective is responsible for subordinate actions, even conspiracies, and that these acts invalidate the collective/organisation entirely is not one that anyone consistently believes in, least of all the left.
If abuses and secret cabals of degenerates were an invalidation of organisations, then you might as well abolish the state, abolish the nation, abolish your surname even, because collectively those things have skeletons in their septic tanks, so to speak, if not literally in cases.
Of course, if the Roman Catholic Church was not the Roman Catholic Church, and was explicitly the "let's rape kids and put their bodies in septic tanks brigade™", then it would be fine to attack them collectively for such activities because membership of that organisation is approval of this activity, as the organisation exists to perform it.
If people are going to get all emotional about this, you just need to ask them what more they want than to catch any remaining individuals who engaged or permitted this kind of outrage, and if they can reach through the emotion clogging their normie brains and put their finger on "I want to punish the Catholic Church", you just need to make this distinction between "the people who did this" and...

...and "the organisation which the people who did this claimed membership within", and then hit on the essential distinction to be made between the two. If they're going to push the "collective responsibility" malarkey, (which you'll never find the doing RE English, Protestants, Muslims, degenerates, foreigners in general, et al), then they will, if they are trying to maintain some appearance of civility and not going full Paisley-tier autistic screeching, eventually come to the conclusion of where they can stretch the former, legitimate logic of blame, and say "oh but we have to look at how deep the responsibility went within the ranks of the RCC". You just have to agree and amplify, and say something like "yes, I agree, those within the church who were responsible should be purged from the church and made to pay for their crimes".
If they drag the argument out further than that, then it turns into questions ENTIRELY irrelevant to the question of specific covered-up child abuse/neglect, and in the typical hostile internet argument environment, there is no winning move here but to refuse to debate that issue and take the moral high ground by "refusing to debate unrelated matters of theology and ideology when all you want to talk about* is understanding how the benevolent practices of the church could be warped by deviants into abusing those they were mandated to protect".

*This is using apophasis here: you are saying "you're bringing politics into this, you left-leaning parasite", by saying "let's not bring politics into this because of muh children". They can either let your point stand or object to it and reinforce it.

>tfw no average irish gf

>irish """cuisine"""

(Last wallpost I swear)

So generally the key to "winning" rhetorically is to
>DEFINE YOUR PERIMETER
Ask them to separate their opposition to what the church stands for from those things members did which were in opposition to what the church stands for.
Use the Socratic method to get them to admit their own contradictions, it's a lot stronger than pointing it out. You can ask if it's okay to blame all Islamic people for the actions of ISIS, since blaming the Catholic Church for the (legitimately) "not real Catholicism" of its members. Same for civil servants in any government that's overseen similar corruption.
Put them on the defensive by asking them to define where they are limiting their attack, and when the attack doesn't actually relate to the true blame for these things, and instead veers into anti-Catholic ideological bashing, simply point out what is being done and don't engage with it on their terms, because it isn't meant to deal intellectually with the existence of the Catholic Church per se at the same time as the child abuse "question", it's meant to conflate the two, and by conflating the existence of the Catholic Church with the pedophilic barnacles on its hull, you are doing their dishonest work for them.

Sorry for rambling, but this is the distilled lesson from many different arguments on many different topics, and relates more to the practices of rhetoric and logic (and the rhetorical circumvention of logic) than to the specifics of the sex abuse scandals (which aren't the things in question in the first place - the point I was making), so I think it's interesting to consider these lessons when next engaging in the folly that is debate with a redditor.

If you don't speak Irish, YOU'RE NOT IRISH

Reminder not to overdrink lads.

Looks good desu

Shouldnt ye lot be in bed

Tá Gaelige agam.Cén fáth a bhfuil bainne i málaí?

>Why don't Irish people speak Irish?

hmmmmmmmm, no idea

Mate of mine fingered her outside an underage disco in Carlow once

meant for

So the DUP has 28 seats and SF has 27. Rumour is that the DUP might refuse to nominate a first minister which would force another election.

Could just be posturing before the imminent negotiations though, same way that SF were threatening direct rule in a roundabout way unless Arlene stepped down/aside

Absolute state of Northern Ireland

So is Britain leaving Northern-Ireland?

It's happening?

No that's not remotely close to what's happening

There was a devolved election to the NI assembly and the Irish nationalists did much better than expected and unionist parties don't have a majority anymore (but neither do nationalists). It's an interesting shakeup but not that much will change

Alright

>force another election
I can't imagine people being too pleased with that. Sounds a bit suicidal.

We've already seen just what unionist voters will tolerate and keep voting for the DUP. Plus UUP has had a bad couple of days so DUP could pick up their votes, especially with unionists in general alarmed at the big nationalist turnout and success. And for instance a DUP candidate was beaten narrowly by an SDLP one in Lisburn thanks to vote transfers from the UUP - that'll piss off a load of unionists no doubt. They're already noticeably all over social media calling the (ex) UUP leader a traitor for it.

But anyway as the day has progressed I'm more sceptical they'd do that. Some interviews this morning from the DUP suggest they're happy enough to go back into stormont. So panic over basically. It's now back in SF's corner on whether to work with Arlene or not.

This shit reminds me of the Lisbon treaty "you're going to keep doing it until you get it right"
I know (after explanation yesterday) the GFA forces representation by unionist & nationalist but it wastes money and time. The politicians doing it don't seem to care about the electorate they're meant to represent. Yes McGuiness started the early election cycle but with the fucking around and waste of money on the renewable energy bullshit the wasn't much else could be done to protect the electorate.

On a side note mass effect 2 and plants vs zombies are the freebies on Origin at the moment.

Stop speaking English.

I'll take 'things that have never been said to Pole for 50 points', please Bob.

This maybe of interest to some of you catholicleague.org/irelands-mass-graves-story-is-fake-news/
Essentially it seems like 15-20 bodies don't make a mass grave, I'm undecided. What you think lads?

níor úirt mé a dhath

DISSOLVING THIS ASSEMBLY

>Catholicleague
>Fake news

hmm

I did chuckle at that too

He raises a good point, mainly where is the line on what is a mass grave, how many bodies constitute a mass grave?

If you're catholic surely every grave has had a Mass said before the burial though?

>Prods btfo
>Atheists btfo
>Communists btfo
>Islamists btfo
>*nglicunts btfo

Mass as in large amount you facetious little...

15-20 bodies is a lot of bodies though.

>mass effect 2
great game

Great shame*

That's what I thought too, I can't find an appropriate definition of what is a mass grave other than "large number of bodies buried in one place"

my favourite one desu

ME 1 >>> ME 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ME 3
Also Dragon Age is a better franchise than Mass Effect.

>Dragon Age is a better franchise than Mass Effect

the so called "prime minister"

>U2 concerts
D R O P P E D

didn't even finish the 3rd one

hasn't been an Irish fleg around here for 1,000 years

irishtimes.com/news/politics/we-can-t-make-ireland-great-again-because-it-was-always-sh-t-1.2995590

Thoughts?

>Ó Broin puts it more pithily: “The best antidote for right-wing, anti-Semitic, anti-Islamic populism is progressive populism. It speaks to the concerns of those constituencies, but it gives them different answers to the same problems.”

wholeheartedly agree

He is kinda right though, SF has sucked up the working-class nationalists and FF sucks up the middle-class nationalists.

nationalists in what sense

I can't picture any nationalist agreeing with either of those parties and actually fitting the [my] criteria for what a nationalist is

>under siege from below by dangerous others

>SF
They suck up working-class left-leaning nationalists. They have the United Ireland shtick and wanting to better Ireland for the Irish people.
>FF
They suck up middle-class left and right-leaning nationalists. They have the UI shtick when they feel like it, get up to some nice pragmatic antics in Europe, and want to make Ireland wealthier.

What's your criteria for nationalist?

>What's your criteria for nationalist?
an Ireland for the Irish people, then things boil down to who the Irish people are apparently

what's the situation like in NI, are unionists chimping out and getting buttflustered over the election results and implications?

no

Exactly the same as it was yesterday

They're raising some good points while ignoring that's what democracy has always been about. Rarely do people get elected because they'll do the shit no one will admit needs be done b/c it'll fuck them in the short term. They claim populism doesn't happen, then mention the water charges protests and the current plans to remove water charges, which was a populist move.
All in all it was an instigatory headline with fuck all insight in the article, ironically populist.

to be fair they are getting a bit buttflustered, though that word is vague. They're certainly not happy

I'm not a big fan of May.

Maybe on social media. No one gives a shit irl though. Still won at the end of the day.

I've yet to find someone who is

((( )))

Stop being rude to my ancestors :).

(((:)))

What's the best sounding Celtic language?

I'm talking about DUP, UUP and TUV politicians. They are quite salty

I don't care about random punters who think losing a unionist majority is a unionist victory

irish

Ulster scots

Irish unification when?

irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/reserve-defence-forces-may-cease-to-exist-within-months-1.2970103

oh fuck lads:DD

cousins are coming soon lads

Lock yourself in your room?

>6000 recruits
quite impressive
oh lord, had family over too today

Are they going to make you cum afterwards?

no 60 recruits out of 6000 applicants kek

still 6000 applicants is quite a lot

>taigs

What the fuck did you just fucking call me, you little Celt? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Legion, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Visigoths, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in phalanx combat and I’m the top legionnaire in the entire Roman Empire. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this continent, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the intrabit in rete? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of senators across Rome and your mud hut is being traced right now so you better prepare for Jupiter's fury, barbarian. The lightning bolt that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my gladius. Not only am I extensively trained in single combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Roman Legion and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable facepaint-covered ass off the face of the continent, you little Ethiopian. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have gone back to fucking the twelve year-old boy you keep in your hut. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn Celt. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Mortuus es stupri, puer.

Poorthern direland