/laos/ - How to overthrow the Lao communist regime

I've been studying on Laos for the few past months, learnt a few things about it (became famous because of Sombath's disappearance) and needless to say, since its human rights abuses are severe (despite the state itself being peaceful) and organized political opposition and acts of public dissidence are virtually absent due to attempts at pro-democratic protests being all crushed in the past, is there any way to truly overthrow the communist government in a effective manner? My suggestion is hard-lined coup and even war, since a simple revolution would most likely get cracked down by the government forces. I even made a pastebin link theorizing how Laos would transitionate itself into a democratic monarchy again (it used to be between 1953 and 1975, before the communist takeover):
pastebin.com/rQ0etemG

On the other hand I've watched a YouTube video dating back in 2014 (youtube.com/watch?v=5u7oIbdZs-Q) that due to an airplane crash involving the government officers and subsequent periodical terrorist attacks as of late, there's a chance that the Lao communist dictatorship will not last long (thankfully) and there's a Royal Lao Government in exile that still exists in the United States, as does some Hmong organizations based abroad.

What do you think, Laosfags?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Laos
systemicpeace.org/polity/lao2.htm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Lao_Government_in_Exile
youtube.com/watch?v=d_CaZ4EAexQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ay I went there
It's full of fat Koreans
There were elephants that I rode
And monkeys!!!!

There are Koreans in Laos?

Bump
Seems like Laos is overlooked outside of Southeast Asia. Why does no one discuss it, especially this thread, that is those who lives in ASEAN countries?

For the few years that I've been here on
Sup Forums and /asean/ there has been a total of zero native Lao that posted here. Even Myanmar and Cambodia have some native posters. Generally speaking the average people in Southeast Asia didn't know much about Laos too. Your best bet is try to find Thais to answer this. They're the closest culturally, linguistically and historically.

Also it's 1.50 am here.

you aren't looking hard enough I have seen there flag at least a dozen times

I said native. Those are usually French tourists. At least that what I found out.

>France try to shit thing up, again
Give up, frog. Laotians are chill and cool people, very friendly and simple mind. They like doing thing with low energy but steady.
Heck, if you're try to hurry up their slow work flow, they would get mad at you.

Give it a rest, different cultures, different mind. Thought you frog always appreciate and reservate different cultures?

How about try to mind your own business and work on your immigrants, muslim and nigger ploblem instead.

Also, big fuck you for all the things you did to Indochina.

My best bet is that the media in Laos is very strict. Civil liberties are less free than its neighbors and democratic attempts are rare and abrupt. Since Sombath's disappearance, people are afraid to say something against the regime, let alone dissidents. It's a country famous for having lots of enforced disappearances too.

Yes there was a film based there so they all flocked there and look very ugly

>Laotians are chill and cool people, very friendly and simple mind. They like doing thing with low energy but steady.
Heck, if you're try to hurry up their slow work flow, they would get mad at you.

Yeah but the goverment itself is repressive since the communist takeover, even more so than Myanmar now. Before communism, Laos is one of the most democratic countries of Southeast Asia and its monarchy is six centuries old. I want the Lao with dissident minds overthrowing the communist government soon already, it's been lasting for decades. Plus the Pathet Lao government has no proper thought at all, just a puppet government of Vietnam. I'm pretty mad to be honest.

Have you ever come to Lao? Talk or even see Laotian? If not the you're right now just talk big, shout out bullshit and nonsense things.

Get lost, college boy. Your little romantic over the thing just because some half of hours watching a clip on YouTube.

Also, kys faggot. I hate you, France.

I was never been in Laos nor I was targeting the average Laotians, but its commie govt sucks the most in SEA. I've been doing researchs on that country and needless to say communism needs to end there, it has no place in Laos and the Lao have been closely similar to the Kingdom of Thailand and its people. Any Laotian who tries to criticize things such as land deals, dams, corruption and human rights reforms are subject to imprisonment (I've been reading Radio Free Asia to see about what's happening in Laos).

Who cares, the country has no strategic importance. Why waste time and energy on something Thailand and Vietnam are better at? If anything we need to talk about Burma and how to get rid of the military government so that they can finally crack down on the drug trade there without causing another genocide

But Laos is also known for being the most bombarded nation in the world during Vietnam War. Its buddhist history is very rich and is shown as the dream place for foreign backpackers to visit since it has Shangrila. Many Hmong immigrants living in the US also comes from Laos.

When you trying to decide important things for some where in the Earth, how about at least come to there and see the thing for yourself?
Right now, all you has say is your opinion on a matter that even you are lack of information to decide the fate of millions people.

Grow up, kids. As I always thought, individual perception towards informations are vary. Never lets anyone thinking for you, research and experience for yourself to have a better conclusion.

>Also, kys faggot. I hate you, France.

Pls stop

You're hurting my fee-fees, Nguyenboi

Hi, fellow baguette

Take the Unabombpill

Hey François !

>How to overthrow a foreign government
Why the fuck are you trying to mimic the US. Also, fix your own shit first, you're rapidly transitioning from peaceful democracy to warmongering caliphate, which is arguably a bigger threat to the world than some oddball asian gommies.

But Laos itself is a communist regime who used to be a democratic monarchy. The one notably good thing Laos has now is that it's peaceful. That's it. It's government was a shadowy government of Vietnam, that's why it needs to get overthrown since before 1975, Laos is a six years old century monarchy with close links to Thailand and became a constitutional monarchy in 1953. During that period it is one of the most democratic countries of Asia.

You sound like some Konyfag from 2012.

As if the current communist regime isn't bad enough, Hmong are currently heavily persecuted, there is strong discrimination against indigeneous people (known locally as ethnic minorities) even though Laos has the largest amount of ethnic groups in SEA. Last but not least, there is heavy corruption and there is a controversy about buildings hundreds of dams.

>The only notable good thing is that it's peaceful
Which is a great thing imo. Also, by that logic, there are a shittonne of other countries that are currently in a bad state who used to be under different regimes.
Russia used to be a Communist Dictatorship, and an absolute monarchy before that. (Ignoring the shitty duma meme)
France used to be an absolute monarchy. Also, what was wrong with the First, Second, Third and Fourth Republic. The Netherlands used to be an absolute monarchy.

South Sudan used to be part Sudan! Fuck, why don't we fix that! They just annexed the South part of a country for their own gain!

Yea. From the researchs I've read, I wish Laos would go back to being a democratic monarchy like it used to be in the 50s. Communism and Vietnamese puppet government has no place in that country in the first place to me, it's so similar to Thailand. Unlike the Pathet Lao that rules the country now, the former royal government is honest at least.

Also, the way Pathet Lao handle their ideology felt wrong as fuck.

Yes, and I wish you guys would go back to Napoleon so you could just confess you want to put your ideology in charge instead of "muh ideals"

Samefag here.
I think I'm going to sleeping now desu.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Laos
systemicpeace.org/polity/lao2.htm (Democracy level then and now)

>A non-democratic form of government has a low level of democracy
WHO WOULD'VE THUNK

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Lao_Government_in_Exile

So are they Chinese, or Japanese?

Kingdom of Laos during 60s had democracy level decreased because of North Vietnamese bastards. Its supposed neutrality also failed to work.

The Lao people are closely ethnically, culturally and historically linked to Thais, so no.

youtube.com/watch?v=d_CaZ4EAexQ