What the FUCK just happened to American cities?

What the FUCK just happened to American cities?

Pic related its not even detroit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SCrR6ltEep4
youtube.com/watch?v=sngBcF5M-AU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migration_(African_American)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They've always been like that you dumb bastard

Its the US collapsing?

Depressing as fuck

Build the wall

This was a school...

Still looks better than mexico and i say this as a chicano that has visited middle class areas of northern mexico

yes it is

CHI

if i were you i would build a wall

Stay the fuck out of my country chicANO subhuman

The US is going to be great for urban exploration

US commieblocks

that makes it even worse, kek

I don't give a shit. Stop holding us at high standard you autist fuck.

people are moving to cities

its called urbanization you dumb fuck

I still prefer old run down places over modern town houses and the faux commie bloks they tend to be enclosed in.
At least the former have character.

until you step on an aids needle

Would be fun to explore I bet

That's not America everything here is still like the 50s that's Colombia or something not us delete this thread

>pair of flip flops in the middle of the street
>drug deal happening in medias res
>guy made a hole in the side of his house for an air conditioner
>every car is definitely loud as shit but doesnt actually go fast
>black people without shirts

my city

That shirtless guy isn't black, he has tank top tan lines

Are these all Philly or some in the midwest? Answer changes depending on the answer.

wtf USA is new Russia now

i dont know about the other ones, I just post Philly cause it's all I need

so that means Russia will be new USA?

Man, hispanic area in los angeles looks rough

>Joelito
>Ju(a)nito
kek

Did you really not know that American cities have rough areas or are you just shitposting for the fun of it?

No, China is new USA
Just look at this

>the USA is degrading into an underdeveloped nation right now

This is what Finland would look like if it was a Russian colony, minus the colours and the Latin alphabet

It starts with K and ends with ANGZ.

youtube.com/watch?v=SCrR6ltEep4

>a literal Obama mural in some shit brown neighbourhood like he's Che Guevara or something
this hit harder than anything else ITT

wtf i hate america now

hola hola fruiss an veGHetebele

Looks like the outskirts of mexico shitty

your fellas with blacks

Reminds me of old industrial villages in central Sweden that were largely abandoned when the factories shut down.

Sure chad.

Man I was thinking to myself, "If this wasn't Detroit, this must be Philly". I'm glad my autistic guess was right.

a-are those shop windows and doors painted on

I was thinking the same

Globalization

>innnn WEST PHILADELPHIA

youtube.com/watch?v=sngBcF5M-AU

I like how all of these look like my city.

>What the FUCK just happened to American cities?
What do you mean "just"?
Same thing has been happening since the 1800s.
>1- White people build a nice neighborhood
>2- Black people move in
>3- White people leave
>4- Neighborhood gets neglected (not just by the Black people, but by the city as well)
Repeat
Plus:
>4a- Black neighborhood does well, angry white people burn it down
>4b- Black neighborhood does well, city levels it to build giant road/stadium/etc
Lately though:
>5- White gay new-age hippy hipsters move in, fix up neighborhood and demand city pay attention to it
>6- Black people move out because they can't afford it anymore

Pic for reference.

Factory shut down, no more work within several miles, so people just packed up their shit and left.

>2- Black people move in
>3- White people leave
>4- Neighborhood gets neglected (not just by the Black people, but by the city as well)

Funnily, Europe is experiencing this phenomenon aswell for the first itme on its history.

It's eerie. Almost Chernobyl-esque.

American urban decay isn't anything new. It was actually more dangerous 40 years ago, and the flight into the suburbs has somewhat reversed since then. I just hope that suburbs and small rural towns don't become the new unlivable ghettos

china builds a whole fake wall

Shame you don't really have the room to build suburbs.
Might need to consider walling in your ghettos.

>Pic related its not even detroit
>[It's south central LA]

>Black neighborhood does well

Jesus christ the suicide rate must be off the charts

>they can't afford it anymore
can't afford to rent?
why don't they own it?
If they do own it, why don't they pay the tax so it doesn't get auctioned?
If they have paid the tax, why don't they sell it for a huge profit?

These areas were abandoned. In both cases people moved to the suburbs. It's something that has been happening for about 70 years now.

Suburbs will become the ghettos eventually. You can see this happening with Paris and to a lesser extent DC on the Maryland side (excluding Bethesda, of course).

Huh?

>can't afford to rent?
>why don't they own it?

If you can't afford to rent, how on earth would you be able to afford to own?

NYC in the 70s always fascinated me. Hopefully that user with heaps of pics of the urban decay of 70s NYC comes along to dump them.

I used to live in Detroit, when I was going to college at Wayne State. It's mostly just really depressing to be there. There's some nice neighborhoods, but god, between those areas you just felt like giving up on life sometimes.

And then on the other hand the abandoned blocks were usually quite nice in the springtime, when all the wildflowers were in bloom.

Well, that was pre-1960's-ish, when black people actually tried to improve themselves and be respectable. Before all the drugs and gangs and shit.

Not a lot of reason to burn down their neighborhoods when they do it themselves now.

NYC in the 70s is particularly interesting because they completely turned it around. Manhattan is like Disney World these days and the dangerously poor Italian/black neighborhoods are slowly getting replaced by harmless white hipsters and chinese immigrants.

That's really surprising.

>talking with an American
>it comes up that pepper spray is illegal here
>he goes off on me
>"what if you get jumped? what if you're getting mugged? what if someone tries to rape a woman? how do you defend yourself?"
>he literally can't understand that Canadians don't fear for their lives every time we step outside

>see this thread
>his attitude makes sense

All joking aside, is America a third world country? It's so run down and sad outside of tourist areas, unemployment is climbing, people don't believe in evolution or vaccines, health care is only for the rich, and so on. Not to mention the crime rate and gun violence (more murders in a month than most countries have all year).

It's not.

>NYC in the 70s is particularly interesting because they completely turned it around
Yeah absolutely. It was well on it's way to Detroit and Philly levels. It's really impressive the way the city turned it around.

European suburbs are not the same as american suburbs. The working class suburbs are all high/medium rise buildings, usually dating from the 60s or 70s (right after the population boom). It hasn't been cheap to live in the inner city for several decades. Middle-class+ usually live in the suburbs dominated by detached houses, sometimes mixed with terraced houses.

Pic related is from a typical swedish working class suburb from the late 1900s. This is our equivalent of your crime-ridden inner city areas.

I've tried to explain this before on Sup Forums too.

>WHAT IF ARMED NIGGERS BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE TO MURDER YOU AND RAPE YOUR WIFE
They can't comprehend that other countries don't have to worry about things like that.

>pre-1960's-ish
Before the invention of the mechanical cotton picker, blacks lived in the south on farms. The mechanical cotton picker made them redundant and they moved north to live in cities/social housing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migration_(African_American)

>pre-1960's-ish
>Before all the drugs and gangs and shit.

I have some news for you.

Its fucking Indiana

>It's so run down and sad outside of tourist areas

No it isn't.

>people don't believe in evolution or vaccines

Some people don't. You can find cooks everywhere.

>Not to mention the crime rate and gun violence (more murders in a month than most countries have all year).

That's because it's the world's 3rd-most populous country. Having a high number of total murders doesn't mean that your murder rate is necessarily absurdly high when you've got 320 million people.

>health care is only for the rich

How can you know this little about the United States when most Canadians live so close to our border?

My small rural home-town is pretty much a ghetto now.. but it's still all white. A lot of people are just trash these days. Fucking meth-heads.

canada (and lots of places in the US) is the exception in the americas. the new world is shitty as fuck. sure, we don't have many wars and famines, but we're just shitty

It is.

*you can find kooks everywhere

Although I guess you can find cooks too lol

we're trying to gentrify the shit out of the poor areas right now
problem is the burbs sucked a lot of money out and thats because the governments in the cities jacked the taxes up to compensate for the lack of taxpayers and its a huge fucked up spiral

hipsters actually started to reverse the trend. companies are moving back from the burbs to the cities because theres so much trendy shit going on downtown

>run down shithole
>commie-style mural of the face of a rich powerful leader while people live in the shit around it
>HOPE

Obama and his zombies were probably the most 1984 thing I have ever witnessed outside of Britain.

I had some whole paragraph typed out for why it is this way. But I really don't know.

Maybe it's the culture? Maybe they're just happier? Maybe they cope with shitty situations better?

Not really, when all other races are constantly told how special, unique, and cultured they are, and how they're poor because it's somebody else's fault.

For Toronto you also have:
>7- Universities buy the shitty areas around them and gentrify the fuck out of it to make it trendy for the youth and marketable for businesses

absolutely woke

Yeah. All the ambitious young people move to larger towns or cities whereas the old people and losers/drug addicts stay. Fuck all drug users, they're all scum.

no im saying, incredulously "can't afford to rent????"
why don't they own the property if its THEIR neighborhood?

AY YO
WHATCHU KNOW ABOUT HORSES MAH NIGGA?

Nah it's just very very taboo, huge stigma against it

It's a lot more common if someone wants to die, they go do something stupid and get killed. Same result but it isn't classified as a suicide, so the stats don't reflect it

t. only ever talked to city trash
Your ignorance is cute but it's getting old.

>he literally can't understand that Canadians don't fear for their lives every time we step outside
Except in Winnipeg, Vancouver, Montreal, Quebec, and literally any major Canadian city that isn't Toronto where there are plenty of motorcycle and ethnic gangs about.

>white woman
ahahaha

>merican in charge of telling others they're full of prejudiced shit
Yeah that'd be a new one.

Honestly unfair to just show pics of philly. We are by far the grittiest city in the US that isn't some wasteland like detroit