A hypothetical question Sup Forums

A hypothetical question Sup Forums

If i kills someone it will most likely be murder and one would be charged accordingly

If i physically impair someone (mutilate or otherwise) there are most likely a suitable penality

But if i find a way to lessen the cognitive abilities of someone to the extent that they are as good a neutralized threat

Can i be charged for anything? im pretty convinced that there are no particular charge in most countries that reflects such a crime, and proving it would be even more difficult

Plus the fear factor would be enourmus

Other urls found in this thread:

law360.com/articles/701556/car-dealer-liable-in-test-drive-crash-suit-appeals-court-says
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Specify how you would intend to do that, because unless you're shooting retard rays our of your eyes, I can't frankly think of way that would lower someone's cognitive ability without requiring some kind of sustained interaction--and depending on that interaction, there more than likely exists a felony category that could be considered applicable by a judge.

hypothetically there are an array of possible procedures that does not leave traces that are easily diagnosed

consider for example rotary lobotomy, of course this is not a method that would be prevalent but let just pick it as a thought experiment

you would have an itti bitty entry hole inside the nose canal, but to prove the rest you would have to put someone in a cat scan, not very likely just for a criminal trail

at least not in some countries

Pretty sure you just described assault with bodily harm

true... but as i said it was a thought experiment

lets say you find an alternative way

and the major thing is, what is the punishment for bodily harm in contrast to first degree murder?

but to put them under long enough to do something without anyone seeing you, wouldn't you be abducting them?

that would of course be one of the necessary procedures

but if personality was altered would anyone other than the victim be interested in pressing charges? people are not likely to take up a fight for someone who is impaired who cannot remember and will change his/her testimony at any given time

You could probably class that as assault w/ intent to cause grievous bodily harm, or att. murder.

Also, if you patient was not retarded before trial and is now retarded, you can bet the first thing they're going to do is look for toxins in the bs. After that, they'll absolutely scan the brain.

Here's the thing: serious offenses against other people, in 99% of cases, are actually considered offenses against the state--and regardless of the mental condition in which the defendant is left, the state will still move to prosecute.

Lol u would be dealing with Psychological torture charges

>friend of mine goes to a car dealership to buy a car
>car selesman takes him out for a ride in it
>sporty-ish car so salesman pushes it a little to show performance
>crashes the car
>friend suffers serious head injury
>in coma for weeks
>major surgery
>takes about a year to fully recover
>he's not the same person as he was before
>different personality
>temper tantrums
>violent
>heavy drinker
>car salesman only prosecuted for dangerous driving

Should've at least been manslaughter. Cos the guy who got in that car with him never got out again.

to be honest i have a hard time seeing that being done in some countries

you seem very intelligent and also knowledgeable in law

You need so many details in order to have a solid case

first of you need to prove the abduction (if one is required) the law enforcement would need to consult and expert and what kind of statement would that expert make? and would the prosecutor let alone the jury have the ability to comprehend it? what would they actually see in a brain scan?

my point exactly...

was there any form of contract? i would think that by getting in the car your bud relinquished some of his rights to sue or prosecute. if not, should of lawyered up

a lesion/irregularity

the take home message, is man up and punch them in the face. youre over thinking this one

In the US this would likely fall under assault. That might sound strange, but remember that assault is more broad than, say, battery.

It depends on what country you are in friend

this is why i brought this discussion up

I have a friend who was scheduled for an operation at a hospital, there was a malpractice and her urine canal was compromised, she complained but were still sent home, where she suffered a major infection and a busted urine bladder, 3 more surgeries were needed to correct this, the hospital altered her journals prior to investigation, couldn't really prove that much, physically impaired forever by scars on belly, the hospital was given a $1000 fine

I don't think so. In fact, I doubt it. He showed up, inquired about a car and they went for a drive.

He doesn't really remember the whole day, but the Salesman said he put the accelerator to the floor to show the pickup. They were both laughing when he clipped the curb.

>They were both laughing when he clipped the curb.
At least the salesman says so?

l not necessarily the driver would have to been impaired or something along those line think of it this way.u and ur family are out for a drive u lose control of ur car hit a tree and your wife dies in the accident do the cops lay charges if they find out u sober and there was nothing u could do to avoid the accident no the realizes it was a accident so no one is at foult

For the purpose of really entertaining this whole thing, let's lay down some groundwork just for the purpose of clarifying.
> This happens in a country with a competent legal system and enough resources to approximate the method of incapacitation.
> The victim is essentially a vegetable and unable to submit testimony--however, if a professional were to look, there are verifiable signs of (let's just generalize here unless you have a preferred means) trauma in the frontal lobes consistent with what would be expected in a lobotomy, even if there are no easily spotted external signs of entry/surgery/etc.
> You are still in the country and were directly involved in every step of the crime.
> There will exist some evidence to tie you to A) the kidnapping B) the surgery or materials purchased therein C) the release of the victim D) all of the above E) something I'm missing.
> You have no prior contact with the victim and this was a spur-of-the-moment crime

Let's just try this out: since we're walking through a crime now, where do you want to dump your victim?

That's what he said in court. He did do time for it. But he was out before my mate woke from his coma.

again, admittance into the hospital may of implied some sort of immunity for the institution. And yeah, malpractice laws and regulations are going to vary largely from country to country. but if your friend didnt try fighting it and working within the legal system, you can expect little repercussions for the hospital. Not saying i agree with the concept, but paying thousands for a lawyer is very often necessary to hold others accountable.

>shooting retard rays our of your eyes

I guess that a customer getting into the car with a salesman sounds plausible to a jury, and they had no reason to think he acted with malicious intent.

lets just remember that we are talking about people here

you could of course target the person when he or she is alone, lets just say we read up on oxygen loss or brain damage done by hypothermia to the frontal lobe and select a method most suitable for the purpose

victim can be placed in an even more embarrassing situation such as an elaborate framing of sex purchasing or breaking and entry

who is going to believe a heavily intoxicated man/female talking about alien abduction and "freeze rays" to the brain?

i found that hilarious too

I think how he said it happened, happened.

It was a sporty Audi car that they were in. I think the salesman was showing off, showing what the car could do.

He was unlucky that he hit the curb, but he was going way too fast and the car rolled like a motherfucker.

not exactly the same circumstances, but still relatable: law360.com/articles/701556/car-dealer-liable-in-test-drive-crash-suit-appeals-court-says

It's and isn't this is case deals with who should pay for the repair off a third party's car

Don't be retarded of course you'd be charged.
I'm not sure how exactly.
I know of one case in which a man was rendered braindead and his assailant was charged with murder.

ThIs case deals with the problem of if I drive another person car and are not on the insurance and hit a another car.do I pay for the damages or the the cars insurance dose.i was thinking u friend might be able to go after the sales men but not the company in court if u were to try to sue for damages

A scenario that elaborate will always leave a paper trail.