What would've happened if Italy had more colonies

Would Italy have been a good colonizing power creating viable countries like the UK or France did?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQH8u8M9u7E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Argentines
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wouldn't happen, they are too jewish and disunited for that. Italy always flourished by soft power and cultural prestige of their city-states and small kingdoms through other European Countries

I regret loosing Libya before discovering oil there
we wuz been like Norway rich by now

Look at Brazil and Argentina and new York and you tell me what u think about Italian colonization.

New York is the richest city in the world
Argentina is ok I guess but the Spanish part of it brought it down
Italians went to Brazil? Why?

I can see the philippine and Macao the last sheet

Italy was a pretty good colonizer desu.

Because they were scammed in some land deal back them and after WWII when Brazilian troops made a minor action in North Italy and some italians run from the war and came in here...

my family is from Italy, we get comfy in italians colonies and neighborhoods in Sao Paulo and almost everyone who came from the WW don't mixed our race with brazilians...

if you search, you'd see that Sao Paulo has one of the biggest italians culture in the world.

we got the biggest italian diaspora of the world

>Argentina

Yeah Somalia and Libya are GOAT countries

Italy wasn't a country until the XIX, but i can imagine merchant republics like Venice or Genoa setting up profit colonies in somewhere like the caribbean to get shekels.

Couldn't be worse than Spain

Spain suceeded so much in colonization that their colonies are colonizing the US

Two scenarios:

>Venice, Genoa and Tuscany colonizing
Improbable. The largest one in the group was Venice, and they profited more with Mediterranean trade routes, but there was a fucking Turkish wall to avoid expansion in that direction.

>Italy forms earlier than in real life
I guess they'd go for RL Tunis first, and then if early enough, aim for the Americas. American Italian would be heavily influenced by Neapolitan, since most settlers would be from there.

Pls deposit Somali gf into my gf account

Mediterranean countries are not good colonizers, they just racemix and empty their colonies' resources, and end up leaving for Europe with the prize.

Italy would have been something along the lines of Spain and Portugal, creators of some of the most backwards and largest mongrel shitholes mankind has witnessed.

Italian immigrants are not good immigrants either. Just look at the two countries with the most Italian immigrants: Italians in USA must be the ethnicity that has accomplished the least in the land of opportunities; they were lucky that there were white people there to carry them and help them progress. And Brazil...well, that country is the very definition of hell on earth.

Honestly, you should thank God that Italy never had any formal nation-colonies. It would have been a catastrophe.

>Because they were scammed in some land deal back them and after WWII when Brazilian troops made a minor action in North Italy and some italians run from the war and came in here...
There was barely any immigration after WW2.

>is
Less "is", more "was". You need to analyze how things were in the end of the XIX century, at those times New York wasn't so important.

no only anglos are good at colonising
italy would have been as bad as spain, also why france is somewhere in between

France was ok though

Lolno, the french have this weird fetish of filling their colonies with niggers.

>France was ok
Almost none of their colonies actually speak france nowadays, and most of the colonizers actually despised so much the native population that they hold a grudge against them. Most Iberian Colonies actually share the colonizers culture, language and religion and can't deny the presence of Iberian Culture into their countries

France is culturally closer to germanics than to mediterraneans.

>we gave birth to hell on earth, respect our fiendish authority.

They gave Somalia and Libya great cuisine

>France was ok though
Louisiana: sold to a bunch of rednecks.
Quebec: given away in a peace deal.
Haiti: if you think Latin America is bad, now consider we have Haitian immigration since Haiti is THAT bad.
Guiana: never got independence, and it's a shithole.

>France is culturally closer to germanics than to mediterraneans.
Wine, olive oil, Catholicism, Romance language.

>Wine, olive oil
you don't need to be a med to consume wine and olive oil, wtf

>Catholicism
poland is catholic as well

>Romance language
romanian is a romance language and I wouldn't say they are very med-like culturally speaking.

As a matter of fact there's a never-ending debate about France's cultural identity.

>you don't need to be a med to consume wine and olive oil, wtf
No... but choosing to consume them instead of, say, pig fat and beer is often a cultural decision.

>poland is catholic as well
In general, Romance/Mediterraneans are Christian and Germanics/Northerners are Protestant. Poland is the exception.

>romanian is a romance language and I wouldn't say they are very med-like culturally speaking.
If language isn't enough, check also their cuisine.

>As a matter of fact there's a never-ending debate about France's cultural identity.
Indeed, but I often see people in Sup Forums overestimating the Barbarian influence over them, when for all intents and purposes they're still yet another Latin country. A bit barbarized like the Roumania from your above example, but still Latin.

we all be speaking the glorious italian language and all be hardcore catholics

>we all be speaking the glorious italian language and all be hardcore catholics
It depends on how language levelling plays. It's possible that local languages like Neapolitan and Venetian would be used instead.

>tfw no cute nicky minaj looking big glasses wearing black italian gf

youtube.com/watch?v=EQH8u8M9u7E

>In general, Romance/Mediterraneans are Christian and Germanics/Northerners are Protestant. Poland is the exception.

Ireland and the East Slavic areas are exceptions too, then. same with sigifnicant parts of Germany

Protestantism took off for specific historical reasons and it even died out (often with help) in more southerly regions it once had a hold on, like parts of France. the Huguenots were more concentrated in southern parts of France

world renown and mostly white

>Argentina
>Brazil

people of italian descent don't even make up 10% of Brazil's population.
and most of our population is of non-italian european decent (mainly spanish)

dash my dreams of meeting an italian qt in argentina or brazil why dont yah

Yeah, italian numbers are exagerated as fuck here. Like every argentine statistic tbqh

Amerindian shithole desu.

they're not into mexicans anyway, José.

I'm a brown, mestizo Mexican-looking Greek thug and white South American women on tinder love me

sure thing m8

>white South American women
hm you must have been really good at playing ''Where's Wally?'' when you were a kid
greekbro

well, it is true. I'm very mestizo looking due to my very brown skin and deep-set slanted eyes and they love my thuggish attitude

maybe you're just a nerd with no game

this is the average colombian woman

stay mad amerindian

I thought most of Argentina has Italian ancestry?

not joking at all, that looks mixed as fuck.
if you think that's white you need go to the eye doctor.

nah, it's a little bit less than half, still a lot, but it literally means it's not most of Argentina.

And I thought Santa existed up until I was 10 years old.

it's true, we are everywhere in argentina

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Argentines

>wiki stats

according to wiki stats ethnic statistics, our population is 350%

FRance was never that huge into Catholicism like Spain or Portugal though

Spreading Catholicism wasn't part of their colonial mission

Italy had colonies?

Where?

>wikipedia
nice source faggot

argentina and uruguay

Somalia and Libya

Italy would've done better than Spain in the Southern Cone

in the Aegean. thankfully we kicked those wops out

what the fuck are you even talking about?

Is everyone ignoring the fact that they are a north African colony?

Except for the whole Quebec thing

Is anyone ignoring the fact that the UK is a Pakistani colony?

They don't need to because italian americans, italian brazilians, italian argies and everywhere else still see themselves as italian first, even if they are 2nd,3rd,4th generation.

kek, we are not americans

I have literally met brazilians that referred to themselves as venetians

well they would be frowned and looked with cringe everywhere here. Even in the most italian neighborhoods. People just bring muh heritage when the topic is about it

>diaspora fag is autistic and tries everything to not be associated with their home country
no surprises

I think brazilians are just as guilty as americans at muh heritage, its a new world thing

not really, we are so mixed that this isn't really a thing. Most people are just huehuehuehuehue

>in the Aegean
Italy never had colonies there. Venice did.

(Sorry by the late answer, in case you're still browsing ITT)

>I have literally met brazilians that referred to themselves as venetians
This smells fishy... while there are some Venetian-speaking communities, they refer to themselves as "Talian", not "Venetian". And they see themselves more as their own thing.

Also, there's a HUGE difference between
>I have X heritage
>I am X

>I think brazilians are just as guilty as americans at muh heritage, its a new world thing
In a sense I agree with you, plenty people in the New World as a whole track their "roots".
However, I see something different in USA. Something like "you're encouraged to behave acc. to your heritage in contrast to other heritages". Kinda like an Italian-American pouring down lemon on his food even if hating it just because "muh heritage", you know?

At least we Italians didn't bring crime and shitty cuisine to the US, unlike Spics did

I agree

> it's a little bit less than half

Stop lying you piece of shit, if it's 20% it's already a lot.

Are you retarded?
It was pretty big in the colony policy.

Was it difficult for Italians to learn Portuguese?

Nice meme

Not sure about former but latter it's very little.

>lmost none of their colonies actually speak france nowadays

What is French Africa and the French Caribbean?
You really are the product of the Brazilian "education" system.

Acc. to Wikipedia 62% of all Argentinians have at least some Italian heritage, most of them from Naples.

Both are somewhat conservative Romance languages, so it isn't hard to learn one if you know the other.

So I believe it's akin to German immigrants in USA in this regard.

>Would Italy have been a good colonizing power creating viable countries like the UK or France did?
Mostly depends on when those colonies would have been created.
Italy's colony wars after the renaissance were...not good.
They invlolved mostly going to a barren land no one wanted, then-in a typical italian fashion-putting on airs, acting smug like we were the king of El Dorado, then provoke everyone when doubts arise and if actual warfare happens, make locals fight because italians have no idea what they are doing.
At least, this has been the entire colonial war situation in Africa, dunno about other colonies.

Not sure but honestly considering the utter shit local completion Italian immigrants competed against it never was an issue since regardless most of Brazil's local populations during the peak immigration years were either part of a huge underclass, dumb as fuck and fucked hard or entitled fucks who simply faced no pressure to do better.

It's like with Carpetbaggers in America in regards to the whole people moving in with a huge one up over the locals simply dominating most things and even the less rich ones simply doing great because the locals are just total shit like in America's case Blacks and poor ass feudalistic whites dominated by the grower elites.

>wikipedia

All of my sides

Not Italian immigrants only but for the sake of that post only they will be considered.

>most of them from Naples.
So, basically shit.

Gas the ethiopians, colonial war now

Eh, good enough to argue on Sup Forums.

They got some Lombards and Genovese too, besides the "tanos".

>hey got some Lombards and Genovese too, besides the "tanos".
that's better.
Shit genes aside, argentinians are lured to Italy like flies.
i mean, most argentinians I've met are perfectly integrated and pretty cool dude, but the reason why they keep coming here its a mistery. Italy's getting shittier each day and its on the break of collapsing.

Have they picked up Italian well? Or are they like Mexicans in the US

"Muh heritage" plus Latin America getting shittier faster than Italy does plus cultural proximity plus dislike for Spain.

Don't Italians have like a bunch of different names?

> colonialism
Ah, yes. The reason why none of the borders in Africa and the Middle-East make no sense.

They do.
I have a couple of Arg. friends atm. One guy has absolutely no latino accent and I wouldnt have known if he didn't told me. The other one is a nerd chick that has a bit of an accent and sometimes get some word wrong-but nothing annoying. Also, italian is a hell of a language.
Italy's bad immigration is recent. We had a lot of shitter from albania and Romania in the 90s, getting the worse people from there along with hard workers, and Africans(mostly illegal vendors of small accessories)were a rare sight.
Everything changed. Now everyone yells MUH MUHLTICULTURALISM, and every day we get thousands upon thousands of rapefugees-who are not actually rapefugees but simply niggers looking for free welfare and shit.
Italy was already on the verge of collapse due to 30 years of rising corruption to insane levels and self destructing politic, but this, this is destroying what little we had left.
The entire country has changed in literally less than 10 years, and for bad.

Yes all italians just happened to have spanish surnames

This won't do, for the reason mentioned. (Or rather, because Iberian surnames are homogeneous-ish)

For example, imagine you have 3 Gonzalez, 1 Rossi, 1 Ferrari, 1 Esposito and 1 Bianchi. You'll still see a Spanish surname on the top, even if technically you got four Italian surnames.

Your refugees work for pretty much slave labour on your farms.

Here, pic related.
Leave us alone, we have nothing to do with I*aly, just leave us be man, that's not so hard.

Don't even listen to that disgusting monkey-thing with his foul green, yellow and blue banana flag. Blood has gotten to his head from hanging on his jungle tree upside down all day long in his tropical 45'C degrees town. Monkeys twist reality to their own benefit, their tongues are tracherous and their words as sharp as the top of the hills of his rainforest-surrounded dark dwelling.

ARGENTINA is amerindian-spanish, and that's all.
And that other Italian up there, don't listen to them, they are the jews of the mediterranean and they love lying, cunny and swarthy are they.

Yes it was.
t. 11 years of canadian and quebec history classes in primary and high school

The pic in question.

The way you phrased it was really worth a laugh, thanks for posting.
19°C in the "tropical jungle" of Curitiba, by the way. For comparison 24°C in Buenos Aires, 26°C in Rosario, 23°C in Córdoba.

Also, we were already discussing the impact of surname variability over those lists, I'd suggest you to follow the discussion beforehand.

Just a few. We get thousands upon thousands every day that don't do shit, other getting welfare(well, getting 1% of it while cooperative and corruptpolititians ate the 99%)
Streets has changed drsatically in the last 10 years-hell, even in the last 5 years.
Streets are not safe anymore at night in cities.
Decay is everywhere on the streets.
I repeat-STREETS ARE NOT FUCKING SAFE ANYMORE. It changed in 5 FUCKING YEARS.
Drug dealers are everywhere now, these shit flood city squares to seel illegal shit and no one-no fucking one can move a fuinger. Police men(carabinieri)told me they cant touch them, in the literal sense, othewrwise they could get in trouble. its insane.
And of course the politics goes off worse then ever, using void words about nothing while the politicans keep destroying healthcare, eceonomy, job and literally everything they can in order to salvage whats left before the country implodes on its corruption, bad immigration and debt.