Whats thw difference between Brits and Americans?

Whats thw difference between Brits and Americans?

a few hundred pounds

I've lived in both countries for a while
ask me specific questions

Food, language, weekend life, friendship?

Most things besides that we speak the same language. We have been pretty much seperate for 400 years, our cultures have diverged long ago. Its like comparing Spainards to Mexicans.

What are the Major differences between the brits and the americans?

portions are much larger in the US, and eating out is far cheaper

There isn't too much of a language barrier, but I do remember one time where I went to the supermarket and my mum wanted pic related. She couldn't find them so she asked a staff member "Where are the tinned tomatoes?". The staff member gave her a blank look. My mum said "tinned tomatoes" again and the staff member said "sorry ma'am we don't sell Tin here, you would need to go to Home Depot or somewhere like that." My mum finally gave in and said "Canned Tomatoes" in an American accent and she got directed to them

weekend life is similar I guess

I felt like it was easier to make friends over there because everyone is so friendly, but it takes longer to become really close friends

who says "tinned"?

Its in a can, its "canned"

whered you live in america

brits say tinned

Fort Worth

It's in a tin.

Your clerk was an idiot. That's like not knowing that "loo" means bathroom.

Also, Yann?

The process is called canning. Jars or tins used in canning are called cans. The tomatoes were not tinned, tinning is the process of applying tin to iron so that it doesn't rust. The tomatoes were canned, and preserved for longer shelf life.

What is the most positive thing about each country in comparison to the other, in your opinion?

American niggers vs "british" niggers, weather, working, humor.

Brits are faggot Muslims, Americans are fat spiks.

the UK has far, far, FAR comfier towns

in the US everything is cheaper and you earn more so you can live a slightly nicer life for less

underrated

brits are different depending on where theyre from
more so for americans. midwestern/southern/east coast/west coast/flyover... theyre very much not alike

Brit houses are shit though
Everyone in NZ dreams of living in the classic American house

I spent a little time in England, so I'll just unload a few thoughts

In England, and many parts of urban Europe, many cities were laid out prior to the automobile so roads are much more narrow as they were not originally meant to accommodate cars.

As far as the culture, it's very similar. The differences are often blown way out of proportion by people who have not been to either the UK or the US. Other than minor language deviations, it's pretty much the same culture.

>americans should be aware of british terms
neck yourself.

Like this?

americans tend to be loud and friendly while brits are more reserved

false

What was the best/worst thing in america (from british perspective)?

there are good niggers and "niggers, and bad "niggers" and niggers

US weather is better because it's so varied. Want to live in a super hot and dry place? Go to Arizona.
Want a few feet of snow over winter? Idaho is the place to go.
Want to sweat your balls off in 110% humidity? Louisiana is where you should be.

For working I can't really say because I moved back to the UK before I got an opportunity to work. When I've talked to my dad in the past about it he's said it's pretty much the same.

I prefer British humour because not only is it self-degrading, but it's darker too. That's not to say American humour is bad though.

I can use ms paint too

show me

Best thing?
Compared to where I live now, the variety of food, the quality of food for the price, and the amount of food you get for the price.

Worst thing? I know it sounds weird, but how friendly people are. It can sometimes just get a bit too much. Like said, Brits tend to be more reserved than Americans so it can be quite overwhelming. Honestly it isn't that bad though.

wow, culture shock for reals.

>britbong euphemisms

Why is our domestic architecture so shit today?

Rural areas are comfy though