Give me one (ONE) reason to learn a foreign language

Give me one (ONE) reason to learn a foreign language.

Other urls found in this thread:

jlptbootcamp.com/2012/02/how-to-type-in-japanese-with-the-microsoft-ime-on-windows/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anime

what is this meme animal

there's no bad knowledge

To shitpost in foreign Sup Forums generals

I don't get it.

i think is pokemon,idk if is a meme.

There most certainly is. Look at communism.

Pussy

there's nothing wrong in having knowledge on communism, it is just how you use it

Useful languages:
>English
>French
>Spanish
>Russian
>Chinese
>German

Somewhat useful Languages
>Italian
>Arabic
>Portuguese
>Hindi

All other languages are useless so don't bother with them.

Useful languages:
>English
>Russian
>Chinese
>Hindi
>Arabic

Somewhat useful languages:
>Spanish
>German

All other languages are useless so don't bother with them

Braixen

Useful languages:
>English
>Chinese

Useful languages:
>English

>Basing it on amount of native speakers and not on actual usefulness in for example career opportunities
Maybe Hindi can be useful for asking where the nearest designated shitting street is located at, but you won't get further than that.

Useful languages:
>esperanto

All other languages are useless crap that only a fucking faggot will use.

>All other languages are useless crap that only a fucking faggot will use.
Sup Forums gay orgy when?

ayyy

>useful languages
Those with over 20 million native speakers
>somewhat useful languages
Those you learn for researching purposes or because you're going to live where it's spoken (this includes local dialects and languages that are not that widespread across the world)
>useless languages
Everything outside those circumstances

But Dutch has over 20 million native speakers, are you implying that it's a useful language?

Yes, you can communicate with people in belgium, the netherlands, and people in south africa that speak afrikaans
Plus it has literary tradition

It's a relevant language

it really is if you work in STEM

There are a lot of languages with over 20 million native speakers which are useless.

It's not useless if you can communicate with 20 million people
I think you're missing my point

>good boy
>has tits

You're using the definition of a "useful" language too broadly.

But isn't that the point?

別の言語にクソポストする

* するのために
忘れた
下手くそ日本語でごめん

Knowledge effects. It can affect.

How do you type in hiragana? Do you have a Japanese computah?

No, it's called a "IME", or "input method editor". With a shortcut (mine being windows key+ enter since I'm on linux), it lets me phonetically spell out japanese words, and it replaces the necessary letters with kanji, hiragana, or katakana.

You're probably using Windows so you already have one built in. You just need to enable it first.
jlptbootcamp.com/2012/02/how-to-type-in-japanese-with-the-microsoft-ime-on-windows/

now I'll have you know the windows IME is a bit finicky. In order to get it to actually type japanese text you need to press alt+shift by default, and then fuck around with alt+caps lock until it lets you type in japanese.

exactly
there is no reasons for you
your language is the best
do nothing

wew thanks for the information. That's super helpful.

>Useful languages:
>Russian

Its usefull if you enjoy russian music/literary.
Or if you are in raw goods trade business

>There are people on this board who aren't learning a foreign language solely because they live on a college campus and want to freak out the foreign students by butting in on their conversations
plebs

has more ear hair than ear. What is this

An active brain is one of the very best ways to avoid or at least slow down degenerative diseases when old, like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, and even dementia.
Languages are the best way to keep a brain active, with bilingual people developing said diseases in average 10 years later than mon*linguals.
It's also bonus points for your resumé

I'd like to see some sources that back up the claims you make.

If you learned Nihongo, you could watched anime in its original language with no subs.

You could sound sexy in spanish. (?)

It's basically the same as parents who make their children learn an instrument. It's supposed to make them more cultured, or even more intelligent, but who knows if that really works? There's a lot of smart people who have some basic knowledge of foreign languages, but can only really fluently speak their own native one. Anyway, other languages don't exist so you can learn them, they exist so people can use them. If you're not going to use a language, you don't have to bother learning it.
The more you immerse yourself in a foreign language, the harder it becomes to coherently sort your thoughts in just one language. It's better to know one language perfectly, than to half ass 2 or 3.

>implying a boy can't have tits

>Chinese
After reading pic related I decided to learn japanese over chinese.
God, the pic is true I don't want to meet any chinese ever

>the disgusting poképhile furfags in /vp/ are all Americans
Now it makes sense. American rangeban in every board when ?

>netherlands

cuck country
opinion disregarded
go back to being anally cuckolded by a very large african muslim, you braindead /utg/ millennial

Useful
> English
> Spanish
> Arabic
> Russian
> German

Fixed

Useful
>American
>Australian
>English

Not Useful
>Canadian

That's not all, is it? I remember reading more from that guy, like how a company refused to answer his calls, so he hired a few guys to go over to the company. But it turned out the guys were like loan sharks/chinese mafia and threatened them violence

>I have never met any Chinese ever
>this pic is true I know it

>boy
>literally has tits drawn on it

nice edit faggot

you could erp in 2 languages then