Just started this, what am I in for?

contemplation of life, death, and homo sex

>homo sex

Nevermind. Stopping this.

>not researching a show before you watch it
>Making a shitposting thread instead
Hi OP. What kind of shows do you like?

I like The Sopranos, The Leftovers, and Mad Men

Well, Six Feet Under is actually a companion piece to all three of those shows, so honestly you'd be a fool to drop it because two of the characters are homosexuals (they're not portrayed as a perfect couple either, they go through a lot of shit)

and besides, the main character (and the best character) is a straight white man.

I implore you to give it an honest shot.

An incredibly dark turn in Season 4.

I was just memeing. I'm gonna watch it. Thanks for the input.

>and the best character
Nate did everything wrong.

season 1 is good, it's good drama and has some pretty morbid humor in it

after that it basically goes to shit and everything drags on and on and on and you just want it to end, but then it ends in a really nice way and it tricks you into believing the previous 3 seasons were good

six feet

But he always tried to do the right thing.

White Man's Burden: The character

i watched the first season and about 8 or so episodes of season 2 and agree with this(ignoring comments past the point i watched of course)

seemed to devolve into an ok soap opera with a needless twist at the end of every episode

cant be bothered to watch 4 more seasons or whatever to find out if it turns out good

best most kino show ever made .
with the leftovers being a close second .

Should I watch this, Mad Men, or Sopranos?

season 3 and 4 are the worst seasons of the show. once claire and the mother start getting extended plots it just goes to absolute fucking shit, terrible boring charaters

there's like one good episode in season 4 and that's about it. the last 10 minutes of the series finale is very good, but it's not worth it.

sopranos

The Sopranos. Why the hell haven't you watched it already?

Not to be able to fully enjoy Sia's new work ever again.

sopranos

hey fuck you pal. Season 3 is my favorite season of the show. The deterioration of Nate and Lisa's marriage is totally heartbreaking and then she fucking dies.

that doesn't make up for claire and the mother

I liked Ruth's sublot that season too. Arthur Martin was a good man. Claire's plot wasn't great that season but I like Ben Foster and he was really good as that character.

Want to watch the sopranos
Can't stand the Italian jewy voice of every female
Dropped

One of the best shows I've ever seen, IMO. Widely under-discussed on Sup Forums and other sites.

Aside from Claire's art school storyline, ever season and character is really, really good. It's the one show I wish I could wipe my memory of and watch it all over again for the first time. This show could change your life.

Carmela is the worst offender but you get used to it.

>he doesn't like the mean girls with mean new jersey/ny accents

PLEB

One of the best shows of all time

fucking Billy loved that guy

this
fucking godtier

so many feels, so many

Fantastic show, my fave of all time

>tfw it's dexter gets kidnapped episode

A bunch of boring pretentious garbage

Best series ever. I can't watch it again.

Probably better in 2001-2005 because less SJW bullshit back then.

Never seen anything else like it.

Never again. I felt physically bad after that one.

>it's "pretentious" because I have the mentality of a teenager and I can't relate

Kill yourself.

Nate was arrogant and believed he knew better than everyone else. He frequently struggled in marriage roles because he believed he was a free spirit. He refused to comprised himself to be a competent husband.

Not what I remember at all. He would have been a great husband had he found a woman who wasn't a cock slut.

>once claire and the mother start getting extended plots it just goes to absolute fucking shit, terrible boring charaters

Claire is one of the best characters. Out of all the characters, she probably goes through the most development.

TOE SLUT

Nate is a piece of shit

Why?

Then the show went over your head. You seriously think he would've lived happily ever after with Maggie? Brenda had domesticated herself to be a decent traditional wife in S5, and in S3 the problem with Lisa is she tried to force a more traditional marriage on Nate, who couldn't stand to have the responsibilities of a husband. Brenda did too and he felt himself struggling.

Feels

He lived for himself. He stayed at Fischer and Sons' because he believed he had a calling, not because his family wanted him to.

Been too long for me to remember well.

Brend was a slut, Lisa was a bitch. Maggie was cool. Yeah, it would have worked, I'm sure.

Nate did nothing wrong.

>He stayed at Fischer and Sons' because he believed he had a calling, not because his family wanted him to.

And that's a bad thing?

You can't efficiently live for others, they will know it, feel it, and it will be worse for everyone.

I liked this show at the time, but looking back, it was pretty weak.
You'll enjoy it OP, but don't expect to really LOVE it.

Bullshit. You will love it, you will hate it, you will cry about it, you will masturbate to it, you will be scared of dying.

Brace.

breath
me

Brenda had her sex life on lockdown in S5 and it still didn't workout. Maggie was just a free and spiritual woman and that attracted Nate because he was drowning in domestic bliss.

It's more that he couldn't sacrifice parts of himself or compromise. Nate always put his own needs first. Compare this to David and Keith, who frequently disagreed and compromised for each other, like a real and strong relationship.

All you have to know that marathoning this show rewards you with GOAT ending. You will not regret it.

Really? I thought he just had more problems to deal with than the others.

Been so long.

Narcissism is a real problem. I relate a lot of Nate. I can't commit to anything. I hope I won't die at 40 unloved and unfulfilled.

Nate had a fair share of genuine problems, but he usually had his head up his ass too.

But... that's not narcissism... Nor Natissism.

I remember him being committed, no? Did he cheat on Brenda? With the fat one?

>Did he cheat on Brenda?
twice. once with Lisa and once with Quaker chick. and Brenda actually raised Maya for the rest of her life
>don't ever talk to me or my husband's daughter again

Would Sup Forums do the Morticia?

MOAR

rule 34, all you got

she's very pretty in a weird way.

But Brenda cheated on him way more... Dat sloot.

yes that's a good point. getting tag teamed by those surfer bros. Nate had every right to be disgusted.

She was so hot in that scene.

Maybe I'm autistic or something but I cannot stand these bullshit shows about regular people and their self-inflicted middle class woes. Yeah your girlfriend's a whore, that's your fault. Don't torture the audience with it. And yes I saw the finale and honestly I find it "tryhard," like shooting heroin for your emotions. What do people get out of this? Catharsis? I genuinely don't get it.

>What do people get out of this? Catharsis?
For me it made me feel okay with dying because they show you even with all the bullshit they went through in the show they still had a long time to go of good and bad memories left.

It's just normal for neurotypicals to be interested in people's problems. I can't really explain it using autist logic. If you don't understand, then you just can't and will never understand.

A few actually good characters and occasionally a good episode, but mostly boring shit (I mean, did anyone even like Claire's pretentious phase with all those embarrassing people) until the most brilliant ending to ever exist. Honestly, it's worth for the ending alone.

>(I mean, did anyone even like Claire's pretentious phase with all those embarrassing people)
I liked it a lot. I'm a sucker for R-rated teen drama though and I think it was handled with a lot more realism than most other shows would have done. I also love Mena Suvari, Peter Facinelli, and Ben Foster.

I thought her ridiculous artschool friends were hilarious. When she sees them again in S5 while she has a normal job, she's sort of on the outside looking in at them and they look like the biggest fucking weirdos to her.

>Claire's liberal artschool friends are all degenerate losers
>matures when she dates a conservative republican man

what was Alan Ball trying to say with that?

Alan Ball is super liberal so I don't know. Claire does have a history of dating fucked up losers so Ted was pretty much her rock.

maybe Alan Ball was a liberal when the show started but became more tired of the trappings from the movement as the show was nearing its conclusion? Season 4 was definitely more ridiculous than the rest of the series. Season 5 was much more grounded and "straightforward". I think something happened there.

Oh. Well that makes me feel a bit better honestly. I guess I'll just keep watching shows about spaceships and shit

Seriously one of the best characters in the show.
One of the only people that was truly comfortable with who he was.

Family melodrama with a setting that hooked a lot of viewers early on but ended up just being a foil for deeper character studies of the mains. As it was airing it became a drop towards the last couple seasons, it's probably watchable on a binge if you enjoy middle-class trash being trash.

The absolute autist, fucking kek.

>It's just normal for neurotypicals to be interested in people's problems.

Only autists think fiction deals with "other people's problems". You're fucking retarded, man.

>Maybe I'm autistic or something
>fucking autist!! xD kek!11!!
Clever girl...

And that was the point. How anyone can fail to see that, I can't imagine.

It had it's ups and downs, but still probably one of the best series finales of all time.

Don't worry, you're just a bit dumb. You're not an autist, and the majority of people who like SFU aren't neurotypical.

Enjoy life being a braincuck.

Depression
Also best finale in modern TV history

crazy tits

Its a really strange mix between hilarious and really depressing

>braincuck
What does this even mean? Also are you implying most people who like this show are autistic? That can't possibly be true. It's one of the most popular any critically well-regarded series of all time. It seems like you just wanted to lash out because you're angry or upset about something else.

she cheated on him and then cheated with him on someone else
then nate cheated on her and got braindamage
and was either willing to abandon his kids or giving up on life

She cheated on him with a couple of high school kids.

>tfw