A
S
S
I
C

Agreed, this is on level with Walk The Line

>brian dips his toes in sand
>looks at dog
>hey man, you know how dogs can like, tell your good vibrations??
>plays good vibrations perfectly for first time

the Paul Dano scenes were great with Cusack scenes being underwhelming

its a shame threads like this never take off because of idiots like

i agree with this poster

one might say dano's scenes were, even, classic?

Is Dano a god among men?

should i order pizza?

cusack wasn't good. the roll needed someone like christian bane.

>hating on cusack
so the mean age of a Sup Forums poster really is 17?

it was an instant

Simply classic

My only complaint is John Cusack doesn't look ANYTHING like Brian Wilson did in the 80s.

Pattinson is based as fuck tbqh. Dude is best friends with Cronenberg and just casually hangs out with Death Grips. It's a shame people think badly of him due to the Twilight movies.

I may not always love you

nobody wants to look at the fucking mess a middle-aged schizophrenic is

He was also like 300 lbs

BUT LONG AS THERE ARE STARS ABOVE YOU

turned into an ex machina thriller in the end, I got fed up and closed it, probably won't finish it, but the dano-bits were great

youtube.com/watch?v=6DmGJrrLCQE

He didn't look THAT bad. Just a younger version of how he looks now.

It seems corny, but the man actually could just create a song out of something randomly he said, on the first draft. It's why he's considered a genius in his field.

oops wrong link kek
youtube.com/watch?v=AOMyS78o5YI

>>plays good vibrations perfectly for first time
He was playing it beforehand you helmet. And he told Mike that he'd been working on it for a while. I was high when I watched this, son, and I still understood it more than you.

Actually agree. It grows on you, and both parts are actually entertaining. endearing and emotional. Also the fact that they included the making of Pet Sounds is a major plus

My brother died

checked and accepted

did he touch your bp?

tried to be to clever with the dual timeline structure because shitty tv movies have been made about the classic narrative of pet sounds and smile

cusack just didn't sell it well enough.

dano and pet sounds recording stuff was excellent - would've preferred to see the downfall throughout the development of smile rather than cusack 20 years later

alright, so maybe you don't like cusack for whatever bizarre reason... but preferring no scenes with giammati, no scenes with him escaping the abuse of that sick fucker ho was supposed to be treating him? that's ridiculous.

This, Paul Dano did great

I love giammati and he was good, but I just think the structure of the film would have been served better by following the whole ordeal through the 60s rather than the time jump

then have a separate film entirely about him in the 80s

> sometimes I feel very sad

I can make you feel better.

I disagre, the music is classic and most of the appeal of this is just seeing the recreations of how it came together. It's Pet Sound Sessions reenacted and not much more

It's universally recognized that he was the worst part of the movie, all critics say so not just Sup Forums.

well if that's the consensus, that's the consensus.

it was ok. watched it because my brother has schizophrenia so this felt a bit personal. cusack is an awful actor and dano doesn't really do the disease justice even though im sure he could.

also stop same fagging

>stop same fagging
literally who