Kristen Wiig: " It just really bummed me out. We’re really honoring those movies."

She said this about a year ago. How was that abortion that just screened in theaters "honoring" Ghostbusters at all? It doesn't even feel like a Josh Trank situation where the studio meddled with the movie, it's just awful decisions made by Paul Fag and the female staff, approved by an awful studio who just wants to make money and nothing else.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOCUlY3SHaA
youtube.com/watch?v=7EQ_kWbLMD4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ended up being better than expected t b h. The nerdboi backlash backfired . Pretty funny.

That 73% is not going to be the legacy of the movie, user. Sorry to disappoint you.

Yeah Into Darkness has like 80% top critics approval on RT and people rightfully call that movie a piece of shit

This troll has layers, like an onion.

I cried in theaters it was so good, but I am just a huge fan of TOS and the Movies, and the exact demograph for it. Lucky me, grandma!

they legit fight and destroy the Ghostbusters logo at the end by shooting it in the dick

you literally couldn't make it up

I'd really bum her out if you know what i mean

>honoring it
>everyone in support going "the old one was shit anyway manbabies"

yeah 86%/80% and a 90% for audience vs
73%/58% with a 57% audience.

Seems like one has a solid rating in the 80's that is a genre specific fanbase. most critics look at genre when rating. Horror Comedy vs pure Sci-fiction/fantasy.

Star Trek was exactly what the long franchise has established that dutifully tributed the orginal works and even worked it into the story, if you're familiar to the orginal.

Ghostbusters made the founding members of the team just some people, like a cab driver, like they never existed at all. Like they never existed at all. Also the demograph dropped like 10 years too, from teen to children movie.

So for a "HORROR" movie, it's shit.

>the movie is doing poorly
What a surprise.

pass she's like a bootleg Jennifer Anniston you'd find at a flea market. Besides she always plays kind of a cunty wet blanket sourpuss in every role I've seen her in and Ghostbusters is apparently no exception so I don't think I could ever get it up to her.

>it's almost entirely women saying that

Wait so people involved in making something could just lie during marketing?
That can't be true.

>honor the franchise
>director thinks that zuul was the maim villian of the first movie

'no'

>"bummed me out"
I want to see all these hippies with their flippant language ground into the dirt. Fuck the jews.

Yeah but turns out you actually need those nerdbois to make a profitable movie.

>director thinks that zuul was the maim villian of the first movie
Does he actually?

I'd take Kristen over Aniston any day of the week. You couldn't pay me to fuck Jennifer Aniston.

Wasn't Zuul the herald of Gozer? Makes sense to introduce Zuul who then introduces Gozer.

I thought Staypuft was Gozer. Or at least the form it assumed.

It sounded like, and I'm literally just parroting RLM, but Feig aimed the camera and had the actors improv the entire movie...

True?

The post credit scene was nu gozer saying "ZUUL!"

I find it funny that Sony announced a sequel even though they know damn well they aren't going to make one because the studio needs chinabux. So unless they rename it to the "busters" and there are no ghosts or demons this shit is dead.

>Kristen Wiig: " It just really bummed me out. We’re really honoring those movies."

And she may even actually believe that but the fact is, this remake was wholly intended from the start to be nothing more then a big "Fuck You!" aimed at men and the audience could see that from the start.

No Feig wrote 100% of that garbage. If Wiig wrote it it might actually have been funny.

Sony thought it would be an easy cashcow, with 80s/90s nostalgia trending HARD at the moment, so they thought they could use the sleeper hit Bridesmaids as a template for a comedy, and since Ghostbusters is a 'comedy' they greenlighted the whole project without even looking at it.

>movie opens with a queef joke
>and then becomes a cavalcade of poop humor and completely random lines that don't fit together at all (lending credence to the "Is this all adlibbed?" argument)
>story is basically nonexistant
>is a complete reboot and uses cameos to tell fans (both male and female) of the original to go fuck themselves
>literally every man in the movie is a bumbling stupid retard who is obsessed with being gross towards women

>honoring

This movie can go fuck itself. And the argument is not about "men vs. women" or whatever the fuck agenda the media and feminazis keep trying to push, it's about how this fucking movie isn't fucking Ghostbusters. It's so goddamn shallow and unfunny and grating. I can't think of a single quotable, well-written line from this steaming piece of shit.

And anybody who tries to use the "oh you'd have laughed if it was a guy doing a fart joke, you're just grossed out by queefs because you're a stupid man" argument one more fucking time, I'm going to snap. Queefs CAN be funny because ALL base-level body humor CAN be funny, just not in fucking GHOSTBUSTERS because GHOSTBUSTERS WAS NEVER ABOUT FUCKING FART JOKES.

>We're really honoring those movies

then why the fuck did they insult the fans

there are base-level body jokes in the 2 first Ghosbusters, but they were better or nostalgia/cult status makes it more justifiable

>toilet humor
>ever funny

grow up

>he's never chuckled at a wet fart

Okay Grandpa, you know you're not supposed to use the Internet without one of the nurses present.

It SHOULD have been a cash cow, but they let a bunch of feminist idiots have it and now they're out a few hundred million.

It's like nobody realizes that this was meant to be Jurassic World levels of success for Sony.

And it wasn't because they let SJWs have it from day 1. SJWs do not pay for anything.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU PLAYED YOURSELF

>calling other people "grandpa" when you think shitting your pants is funny

You sound senile

Maybe there's a cut of the movie that's alright, but then they fucked it up post-controversy to be as obnoxious as possible.

Venkman calls Peck dickless
Venkman compares ectoplasm with snot
Venkman gets slimed off camera
Ray gets a ghost blow job (woo woo!)
Everyone ends the movie covered in marshmellow fluff

That's all I can think of. No fart or poop jokes here senpai.

Those seem like pretty high capacity piss jugs. Do you know where I can order some?

Prolapse?

I wonder what this means for the future of corporations allowing their products to be co-opted by political agendas.

No doubt they'll run a shitload of tests on whether one agenda is more or less profitable than another, or if political agendas can be profitable at all.

I just watched a great little vid someone posted about the social realism "art" in the Stalinist Soviet Union here: youtube.com/watch?v=dOCUlY3SHaA

tl;dr: Propaganda sucks as art when it's overt and literal, because it's really just preaching, which is condescending, and people hate that. You end up with terrible art that everyone hates but that shills pretend to like for political brownie points.

So, apparently this flick needs to make ~$350-400 million to break even. I wager that they won't even break $200 million. Sony's going to have to eat the shit sandwich they made.

Honor is a foreign concept to women, they only pretend to understand it.

As I understand McCarthy is a big fan of the franchise and is not happy with the movie.

I just now rewatched the original and I'm currently watching Ghostbusters 2.
Why didn't Egon and Janine not get together?

She looks like a woman who time travelled here from the 70's

They end up hooking up in Extreme Ghostbusters
>He does seem to have accepted Janine as a regular part of his life, as he's been shown on one occasion holding her and even kissing on another, although that was initiated by Janine.

Because Egon cares more about spores, molds, and fungus.

>Expected failure to cover production and marketing costs is celebrated
"That's a deadly high five."

If you pay attetion you can hear the internal tears of this post

this 2bh pham

heres a REAL 70s woman

But in the first movie they are kind of a couple and she wants to get with Luis in the second. I don't get it.

New thread here:

>Piss Jug

What foolishness. The whole reason pissbottles are used is convenience, you have the bottles anyway because your free drink with the double pizza special comes in a bottle not a jug. Buying stuff in jugs is for hippies who actually go outside. 0/10

Is that a Datsun...?
Our family car was a Datsun Cherry when I was growing up. Man, that takes me back.
I'm an old man. Ass man too, coincidentally. Saved

Please end your life

Remember how Paul said that Zuul was the bad guy in the first movie?

They literally didn't even see the movie

>that bill murray dildo

Stay Puft was the destroyer

They announced a sequal when they announced this one. There has been an all male movie in production from day one.

Considering even toddler movies get body slammed critically and in user reviews for using potty humor now.

No, no one likes fart jokes.

BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

>. SJWs do not pay for anything.

No, it seems pretty evident that the dread "SJWs" saw it and loved it. They're pretty much ready to deify Kate McKinnon (which, naturally, because everything on tumblr must be an ordeal, lead to people accusing her of transmisogny because of an old SNL bit she did where she or the character she was playing expressed disinterest in transwomen).

The trouble is, Feig's antagonistic stance towards existing Ghostbusters fans ensured they were the *only* people who saw it. And if you want a "Jurassic World" level of success, you need to appeal to essentially *all* demographics, not drive people away because you were bullied as a child.

The main legacy of this movie is going to be getting Milo banned from Twitter, i.e. the beginning of the end of the alt-right.

Not bad for what stinks of a soulless corporate cash-in on nostalgia and fandom leftism.

youtube.com/watch?v=7EQ_kWbLMD4

Queefs are honor!

Watch as I honor your dick by shooting it!

Succubus are a thing, dipshit, so "ghost blowjob" does actually fit within the world. Unlike your bullshit wonton soup queef shitty cartoon Rowan bullshit.

>Talking about girlbusters at work with grill
>Says she wants to see it bc woymn stronk
>I say it looks pretty bad
>Tells me I dont like it because of women
>I tell her they could have 4 guys and the movie still looks bad
>Could tell she wasnt expecting that
>"Whatever user its just a movie who cares"
>walks away all mad

I dont get it. Why do females get so mad when you hit them with logic.

The really stupid thing is that people won't stop supporting Sony; even after the most blatant, most public show of absolute disregard for and disrespect of the very people who will end up buying their products.
You all wanted them to do the right thing, so do it yourselves. I hear there's a slightly upgraded console coming out. Are you comfortable with your ass-ramming?

Sony must feel really stupid now, jusst imagine how much they could have saved face if they positioned Jack and Jill as a pro-trans movie.

"You don't like Jack and Jill you cispig?!"

>We’re really honoring those movies

They can't really mean this, can they?

This is like someone unironically saying that Meet the Spartans is an honest homage to the bravery of the ancient Greeks.

>Milo not being on Twitter for a week or two is the beginning of the end of the alt-right

Sure user, just like the Independence Day Raids were the end of Sup Forums

At least Meet The Spartans pretended to be funny.

I hope Sony Pictures dies, they're terrible.