Warcraft

What does Sup Forums think about Warcraft?

Dumb but unpretentious. Therefore more enjoyable than all of Marvel put together.

bump

It was quite fun.

It was a dumb movie, but still enjoyable. My dad saw it with me and liked it, and he doesn't know shit about warcraft.

All the arcane magic and cgi orcs were cool, although i don't think they meshed that well with the live actors.

Khadgar and Garona were really the only likable live action characters

Best scene was when Guldan and Durotan throw down

Little disappointed there weren't any paladins or shamanism

Here's hoping for 2nd movie about Thrall

Good news, Duncan has said that the sequel will follow Thrall with Orgrim as a sort of mentor.
My guess is that it shows small bits of the 2nd war, but mainly focusing on Thrall growing up, and maybe ending with the Exodus of the Horde.

Really fucking fun and comfy.

I liked it and I've played WoW for a long time. My brothers liked it and they never touched WoW. Hope they make more sequels though cause that ending was blue balling as fuck.

Maybe they will make a movie about a certain other IP that isn't a Warhammer ripoff

MAKE DIABLO MOVIE NOW

I watched it twice.

had a lot of issues (wooden acting at times, out-of-place dialogue, and so forth) but it was overall a pretty enjoyable movie

disappointed that it got a 30% because i think it at least deserves around 40-50%

hope there will be a sequel Guldan is how you do a proper villain

they made a film in case you've been living under a rock

solid 8/10

lol faggot GW nuthugger

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Gul'dan was one of the best bad guys i've ever seen in a movie, and im not even being ironic. He was genuinely scary yet still badass

not that i disagree, but why do you think so
i mean, apart from showing complete disregard for his own kind and humankind (they should have touched on his obsession with the pursuit of more power), he was pretty much just, you know, evil

Gul'dan did nothing wrong.

I really want to see an extended cut. Over 40 minutes were removed for the theatrical release which made it seem so rushed. You can't do a fantasy epic in two hours, mates. Especially if its the first movie and newcomers don't know fuckall about Draenor or Azeroth.

I felt so bad for Gul'dan. He saves Durotan's son's life and then Durotan repays Gul'dan by trying to assassinate him.

Except get ripped apart by demons in the Tomb of Sargeras

he didn't show disregard for his own kind completely, he did save a stillborn Thrall

but the only reason durotan's son came out sick/stillborn w/e was because of gul'dans portal(that scene was awesome btw)

yeah okay i suppose
apart from that he was a big prick to everyone tho

There was a good reason that preggo orcs were not a llowed through the portal. Even after they broke the rules, Gul'dan forgave them.

actually he did fix blackhand's hand so there's that too

watched it at release with 2 friends who are just as into WoW as myself and well all agreed it was pretty great and felt quite true to the source material while also being fun to watch.

something about the scene with Gul'dan occasionally Soul Draining a human felt great to watch.

I watched maybe 30 min and then just skipped ahead to see a couple of fight scenes.

It felt rushed, cheap, and cheesy and was just boring.

If youre really into the whole backstory then you will probably like this extended video game cutscene.

>skips EVERYTHING
>complains about EVERYTHING

opinion discarded.

It was quite a comfy, rally hope they make a sequel

Looks like they spent all the budget on CGI. Felt rushed and as though many scenes were cut, and would benefit from a Director's cut. It was also pretty dumb.

That said, I enjoyed myself. Not as bad as people make out.

I thought it was alright. The massive amount of footage taken out was very noticeable though. Hopefully there's an extended edition.

>claims to have an opinion about the movie
>literally skipped it all

The orcs should have been played by kiwi rugby players like in lotr.

As a lorefag this movie was really disappointing.

>No Ner'zhul
>Blackhand is Gul'dan's lapdog
>Orgrim doesn't kill Blackhand
>Medivh doesn't turn Khadgar into an old man
>Garona dindu nuffin
>Stormwind doesn't burn

Other than that it was pretty entertaining.

wasnt blackhand always gul'dans lapdog? I need to brush up on my lore a bit.

I liked the Orc parts, but the human parts were pretty shit. The only human actor who was decent was Ragnar.

Technically he was but it wasn't that fucking obvious. Gul'dan was the head of a sect of warlocks who was manipulating him from the shadows in the Warcraft 1. In the movie it feels like Gul'dan is the actual warchief and Blackhand is just his second-in-command.

Yea, for those who may not know a ton of lore it really does look like Gul'dan is the warchief, or he is in some kinda position higher than warchief. which i guess he kinda in a way was since he was more powerful than any of them

>Medivh doesn't turn Khadgar into an old man

Recasting him would have probably been a pain in the ass, plus it's not like Khadgar's an old man in the game anymore. Dude doesn't even look older than Varian.

Looked cool as shit.

Script sucked ass. Human acting sucked ass. Pacing was atrocious.

For me, this was the best blockbuster released this year.
That's not saying much but i thought it was a fun watch.

I would really like to see more of them.
I would blow my load instant if we got the arthas storyline.

meh

pretty good desu