ITT: Shows that started off great but took a nosedive in the last few episodes

ITT: Shows that started off great but took a nosedive in the last few episodes.

I'll start off with a recent one.

Biggest negatives for me was the CGI quality and the constant strobing lights at the end, which is probably due to the CGI quality.

picture unrelated

agree, last 2 episodes were mediocre

Why can't they stop making these cgi turd monsters fucking christ

this thread

True Detective is a prime example. Has there ever been a supernatural mystery series that didn't have a disappointing reveal?

fug forgot pic
>you now remember this bullshit

Stranger things took a nosedive in the very first episode. Never recovered.
nah it was still good

Not really, the last episode was really great, only thing stopping it from being best is the awful CGI

Very true. Probably the best example ever

Twin Peaks had a good last episode after a string of bad ones.

It wasn't meant to be supernatural, you daft cunt. Rust tripping balls and seeing shit does not a supernatural mystery make.

uh huh, sure buddy

Kind of a stretch to consider TD a supernatural mystery. I don't recall anything overtly supernatural occurring unless you count the vortex at the end. The real horror comes from the idea that people in high places are abducting and murdering kids imo.

TD was heavily influenced by 20th century "weird fiction", and something you'll notice there (especially in an author like Arthur Machen) is that coincidences and realizations (like the green paint thing) occur that require a giant fucking stretch of the imagination to take seriously. I still think it was kind of dumb and I might be giving Pizzeria and co too much credit, but the "bad" writing there might have been on purpose.

Is it supposed to be pic related? Cause last episode was the only one worth a shit

Carnevale

It was axes by HBO for the crime of using too much money so they ended all the storylines halfway through the second season. Everything after the death mask episode is rushed and convenient as hell.

Most 3d modelers aren't artists. They can recreate a 2d image in the most technical detail, but ask them to design something innovative in 3d they can't do shit.

They probaby had the cgi modelers also serve as artists, causing the monster to be unoriginal as fuck.

Bad choice, artists are incredibly underrated and underpaid.

TD s1

The central mystery was solved perfectly

Twin Peaks s2 (last episodes got better tough)
Dark Matter s1 (last episode)