Final Divergent movie gets dumped to TV; no theatrical run

kek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vm-5kQRsfm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does this mean dystopian YA adaptations are finally dead?

honestly I havent heard anyone talk of these movies irl

how you want your franchise senpai?

TV series are a better fit for these YA sagas, imo

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>final Hunger Games bombs
>Maze Runner guy dies
>Divergent STRAIGHT TO TV

When will capeshit die like this?

>I don't care but I'll pretend I think this hilarious to look cool.

I watched the first one, was mildly entertaining but pretty shit at the same time, it was like a rollercoaster or some shit

Hunger games, Maze Runner, Divergent, its all the same shit.

Next up in movie fads are the board game movies.

He's alive.

>Next up in movie fads are the board game movies.
Mobile game movies.

i really hope the YA industry is really on its deathbed. the YA bubble has soiled and stained the publishing industry far more than film and i hope it's finally on its final throes.

That's why it's funny. Absolutely nobody gave a shit about these movies at all.

They're actually pretty decent though, spritzed they didn't get more popular. I'm a little tired of Hollywood splitting the finale in two parts though

>He's alive.
His career isn't

if you can call it that

so will the next star wars movie

Really can't wait until this happens to the capeshit genre. I mean can you just imagine Avengers Infinity War Part I bombing and then in part II everyone's replaced with C list actors? It's gonna be glorious senpai.

>yfw shailene woodley in the descendants

Wow that is really fucking bad

>a YA movie is too shit even for teenagers
TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K

I'm anticipating about 10 movies cancelled at once. It has to happen.

TALK ABOUT JUST

THIS IS WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE GHOSTBUSTERS SEQUEL IF SONY IS TRULY RETARDED ENOUGH TO MAKE IT

Watched the first one, the world building was ok, but it turned to shit pretty quickly with badly written teenage drama, I couldn't finish watching it, and this rarely happens to me.

Barely

But thats fox, not sony, right? weird

desu of all the YA adaptations, this is the least horrible, it had interesting visuals for the dream sequences.

Nobody else find it creepy that they played a student-teacher relationship completely straight and acted like there was nothing wrong with it at all?

I'm with you senpai.

And there abundant feet scenes in The Fault in Our Stars; pretty sure the director's a footfag.

Maze Runner > Hunger Games > Divergent

>final Hunger Games bombs

it didn't, though. It wasn't the runaway $800 mil-1 billion grosser that Lionsgate wanted it to be, but grossing $650 mil on a $150 million budget is still a success

He's attractive so it's okay

MAZE RUNNER > DIVERGENT > HUNGER GAMES

FOX SAW SONY'S GHOST-BUST AND DECIDED TO CUT THEIR LOSSES

THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN

THE DREAM SEQUENCES WERE HALF DECENT IN 3D TO BE HONEST

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

They tried that with battleship don'y you remember?

One can only hope. It found it the most egregious of all the YA trash in the last few years.
>entire plot is that being special/different makes you an outcast and dangerous to society
Jesus, at least the others aren't a self-parody of the teenage mindset.

Hahahaha holy shit.
shit franchise, shit acting, shit everything.
at least sony had the good graces to cut her scenes from ASM2.

It grossed the least out of all four movies.

At this point the writing was on the wall for the likes of Divergent.

NO NEED TO SHOUT user

The first hunger games was pretty good. Should have just focused on the condemned style story and left the politics bullshit out of it completely.

Remember watching this out of boredom and my cousin wanted to see it. It wasn't terrible, kind of fun. Loved CIA in it.

All YADF follows the same formula
>A war happened, the environment destroyed, resources scarce.
>Kids are sorted into squads to do the evil adults bidding
>Main character tries to break out of the cycle
>FOOLISH CHILDREN! HERE'S WHAT WE'RE REALLY USING YOU FOR!
>Group of attractive teenagers must overthrow the evil adult regime
>Somebody sacrifices themselves for the good of the team
>Mandatory love triangle between a female, her childhood friend, and someone she just met

Why did he start chewing on his sleeve there? Was he made to be extremely hungry very suddenly?

>tfw this shitty series is BTFO

white girls eat that shit up

So is CIA still alive in the Maze Runner movies?

I'm not familiar with the term 'YA'. What do you mean?

This, at least Maze Runner is redeemed by its hot twink on twink subplot. Still unsure how they're going to handle the sex scene in the next one though.

all of them have a retarded way to group people, factions and shit, which seems to appeal to a retarded brain

harry potter with its houses, hunger games with its districts etc etc

>twink on twink subplot
I don't believe you.

Each one has done substantially less at the box office than its predecessor. People simply don't care about Hunger Games minus every single thing that made those movies even remotely unique.

Yes

It won't.

The Hunger Games and Twilight were the only two YA franchises that can even be considered to be truly successful. And even they rarely even came close to making capeshit numbers - most instalments made under $700mil. when DC and Marvel movies almost always make $700/800mil.+ for years, with major characters still passing or approaching $1bil.+

Rarely do you see a capeshit movie that bombs or ones that aren't even considered a small success.

Most YA movies bomb (Beautiful Creatures, Vampire Academy, etc…) or like Divergent or Maze Runner make barely enough to warrant a sequel (under $400mil.)

Young Adult

>mind wiping gas
>city set up as an experiment
>cloaked technology

One day we will find out this is happening to us, or has in the past.

There isn't anything like that, but there's some anime tier friend relationships that could be seen as sexual tension if you really really want to see it. I don't.

>Four hundred million fucking dollars

>Not enough to warrant a sequel

We are in dark fucking times.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

BUDGET JLAW BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Used to mean "young adult" now it means "children's but with more sex and violence". Just compare the book Enders Game (actually for young adults) with any modern YA book.

1. Not YA
>>>>>>>power gap
3766. Mazerunner
>>>>>>power gap
9001. Hunger Games
9002. Divergent

I really don't see the appeal for her tbqh

It's for marketing purposes. Gets people to identity with one of them and become more involved with the series and then you can sell a t-shirt or a mug for every single house/clan/team/etc.

I actually want the last movie to be in theaters for the simple fact I pity this franchise too much.

This is just harsh.

Teenagers love cliques and groups, it's how they understand society. But HP it's based on actual schooling practices. My school also had a "house" system similar to that.

But EG is literally homoerotic fanfic.

I never watched any of them, but I always felt based on the trailers the production quality was about Sci Fi levels straight to TV. Not to mention they made one a year it seems, am I wrong?

I like her nipples

I thought she looked good in whatever that YA romance thing she was in where she had cancer or something.

I would consider Ender's Game a children's book as well.

That too but it's more of a way to simulate highschool.

I've heard this dumbing-down of science fiction is a deliberate attempt by feminists to infiltrate literature circles and take over.

Take into consideration budget, marketing, and theatre cuts

>110 million budget
>that budget is WITHOUT P & A
>makes 179 million

I watched the first one and I couldn't believe that they just let the main villain woman escape for no reason, only to have her reappear in the sequel as the main villain again?

How is a 66 million gross not enough to put it in theaters?

>My school also had a "house" system similar to that.
Same, and it was ever color based too when we had competitions

I think everybody's just getting dumber. For example, you're retarded enough to believe that.

>if we raise the budget we will make more money!!

This. JK Rowling basically reinvented a niche genre of early 20th century British literature known as 'Boarding School' books and just stuck magic in there.

main character m8

She looks good in some pics.

Search for her in White Bird In A Blizzard.

It's based on budget. These movies have a shitload of resources dumped into them, so they need to make a shitloads of money just to break even, let alone be profitable enough to bother with another one. If they slashed the budgets they could afford to make them, but the production values and star power are really all they have going for them

This movie has no appeal outside the retarded youth audience (13-25) age group, it would never be a success without more market appeal

Ender's Game had a lot of scenes that children would find hard to visualize. Especially with that subplot about his siblings shitposting their way to the top of the internet government.

THAT MOVIE LOST MONEY EVEN AFTER HOME VIDEO AND TV LICENSING

GHOSTBUSTERS IS GONNA LOOOOOOOSE EVEN MORE

PATRIARCHY IS ON A ROLE, GURLPOWER BTFO

>you sure we should keep going? it's not making...

>SPLIT THE FINAL MOVIE TO TWO!

People are only getting dumber though because we no longer force them to work for anything. We have to dumb things down so that people can understand it because we are dumbing shit down so they can understand it. Some people need to fail miserably so that the majority is able to prosper,

EG isn't YA, it's for children. It's just confusing because there's no child on earth that would find the sequels interesting.

YA = books for teens. But the kind of teens who like reading probably put their backs up at "children's lit" or "teen lit" so they puff it up by calling it "young adult" so it sounds more mature.

That fucking picture is fucking 6-7 years old

youtube.com/watch?v=vm-5kQRsfm0

It's a long interview and I don't expect you to watch it, but there are good reasons why the popular books of the past were classics and the popular ones today are utter fucking garbage. This isn't a conspiracy theory.

>with that subplot about his siblings shitposting their way to the top of the internet government.

Kek

Although it's actually happening right now so it's actually kind of prescient.

I first read it when I was like 13 and it just felt real immature to me but a lot of that had to do with the age at which we were expected to believe these kids were doing all of this stuff. The whole things feels similar to a child power fantasy like most YA novels now are teen power fantasies.

Totally agree with this

Is it worth watching just for him, bros?

I've noticed that element as well.

Another extremely common element is some sort of mind control where the protagonist is immune to it, resists it, whatever, but they aren't affected by it for whatever reason.

This is an intangible special talent that anybody could potentially possess, with every teenager believing that they are a unique thinker with whose willpower would make them one of the special ones different from the manipulated hordes.

Last Hunger Games book has it. Divergent has it. In Harry Potter, Harry is somewhat special for being able to resist Voldemort's Imperius Curse, etc. It's everywhere.

I'd say so, just put it on and see if you like it. Action scenes are decent.

Allegiant
>Budget: 110mil.
>B.O.: 179mil.
>$69mil. difference
>doesn't take into account marketing
>doesn't take into account that theatre gets part of earnings

They likely lost money when all was said and done

I wish she was hot. Haven't seen a hot girl in overalls in over a decade.