Vikings

What is /tv's/ opinion of Vikings?.

It is one of my favourite TV shows now.

I've never seen it. I'll watch it eventually.

Pretty dope

People complain about the historical accuracy, but who gives a fuck.

Season 3 the fight choreography gets a million times better so if that's a major complaint for you wait until then.

Great characters, decent choreography, accurate to history (however much of it was decipherable) and soundtrack is 10/10 wardruna kicks ass

Good show

This. Although I fucking hate the whole "let's wear some leather fetish stuff and no helmets" gist in the latest Sup Forums shows, the series is good.

lagertha best girl no competition.

aslaug fags go out

Based Borg did nothing wrong.

I hate the leather biker gear too but I feel it's gotten better since s3. I agree with the helmets though, even if you're some dirt poor peasant the first piece of armour you should be wearing is a helmet.

watched the pilot and it was horrible. shit fight scene. shit characters.

for ship-actiony series black sails is best

Not that accurate if it has female jarls.

Hot as fuck

Well there's that yeah

I meant more in that the timeline and progression of historical events is in line, despite old Norse runic language being the most indecipherable thing on the planet.

1st season is amazing, the rest is meh.

Why cant the just leave that stuff out? It was not a thing.

>you will never be a poor peasant farmer conscripted into the army by your lord
>you will never be forced onto a muddy field with a cheap spear and rotting shield
>you will never piss your breeches at the sight of the danish warriors approaching you
>you will never be knocked down into the mud by a fearsome shield maiden and have your head smashed with the rim of her shield

why even live?

i want this leather armor meme to die so much

we'll never see any of the main characters in anything resembling accurate armor of the time.

instead we'll get whatever this shit is

No one had had that happen.
Shield maidens only exost in mythology.

Absolute garbage, only capeshitters bother to waste their time with this obviously marvel-inspired hackery.

There are actually a few female warrior graves, so there were at least some "shieldmaidens", so to speak (yeah, they had shields and spears buried with them). But it's pretty obvious their numbers were waaaay lower than History Channel jews want us to think.

Lagertha's a strong independent shieldmaiden who castrates men and raises an army of other strong independent shieldmaidens. Rollo says women are the bravest and an essential part of the Norse fighting force. The cunty Saxon queen beats up two armed guards without any personal combat training.

This show used to be good, but it's turned into feminist fantasy.

How is she 38 years old? She looks like she could still be a senior in college.

No they were buried with weapons. That does not mean they were warriors. They had no wounds consistant with such.
Those weapons were likley ceremonial as the birthed warriors or were menbers of a resoected warrior family.
Do your research you silly faggot.

There is no recording of women fighting for the Norse (except for one second-hand account) and that's something that definitely would have been noted by Christians across Europe if true. Women being buried with some weapons next to them does not necessarily mean they were raiders or even warriors of any type.

I think it's a big piece of shit, and probably so are you.

Seconded.

perfect slavic genes