Gavin Mcinnes BTFO Ghostbusters (2016)

>"This whole construct, this whole idea, about women being a badass, 'kickin' ass and takin' names,' is a male thing. And the irony is I think women gobble it up because, sorry, they tend to be subservient. And they tend to be easily lead by men -- the Paul Feigs of the world..."

feminists REKT

youtube.com/watch?v=x6Fzy8aK4EY

You can think the movie was uninspired bullshit without being retarded about "muh shitty wimminz".

haha we did it xd

When will you stop giving a shitty movie the attention it doesn't deserve?
The "truth" has come out; it's a crap imitation of a better movie and doesn't stand on it's own. It deserves to be forgotten, like every other utter piece of shit out there every year.
But you can't let it go. You just have to get your opinion out there, right? Making you no better than the people you apparently despise.

It's hilarious how many of the guys on Sup Forums think that BTFO is an acronym for "Reinforces My Narrow Worldview".

Except women really do make shitty action heroes when directors don't go the Ripley route.

Without power armor she'd have been useless.

that guys a nut. i heard him saying how he believed in jesus or ghosts or some nutty shit i forgot what it was.

>Except women

Why do you faggots conveniently forget every white guy Hollywood tried to make us believe was the next big hero?

Not even last year Jai Courtney was still starring in films.

Is he pushing that car or falling down?
Or doing some crazy-ass "smooth criminal" type shit?

You mean, "reinforces realty."

Ghostbusters already got BTFO by its boxoffice.

Jai Courtney's going to be in Suicide squad.

This also does nothing to negate my point. Jai's far more physically useful and powerful in a fight than Jennifer fucking Lawrence.

Yeah, that describes pretty much the entire audience of Colbert and John Oliver.

>Jai's far more physically useful and powerful in a fight than Jennifer fucking Lawrence.
Jai Courtney doesn't actually do what you see on screen, user.

These are fictional films, see? You might want to stick for the disclaimer after the credits next time. Might even catch a post credits scene.

oh god, not this shit again. we just had this thread.

Women can be badasses, if done well, they have to beat bugger and stronger opponents with experience, technique, lateral thinking and tactics not with more raw strength and this is were most "grill power" movies fail

And call me crazy, sometimes you can't win and have to flee, but you don't see this on female action movies

>sometimes you can't win and have to flee, but you don't see this on female action movies

Or any actual successful movie, period. People don't pay money to see failures.

the fat, dumpy soccer moms in ghostbusters certainly aren't badasses.

He literally thinks drinking and driving should be legal.

I font mean fleeing at every encounter during the whole movie, user, but at least once so you can actually believe the main characters can fail, if they always win easily it really affects any tension and my suspension of disbelief

He was drunk and trying to gather his bearings.

>These are fictional films, see?
Which would be fine, except morons, feminists and the media all keep pushing it as reality. It's the whole reason they keep celebrating women being shoehorned into military units and Army Rangers, even at the inevitable cost of combat effectiveness and lives.

>And call me crazy, sometimes you can't win and have to flee, but you don't see this on female action movies
You don't see that in "male action movies" either
Studios produce movies to suit trends; how long is this superhero bubble going to last, for example?
It'll last for as long as there is cash interest, which is what the market demand dictates. If you supply something with lasting demand, you're onto a financial success and this includes male action movies
Female action movies not so much, because Resident Evil doesn't do too well

Mcinnes is a professional attention whore

Hollywood has never done a badass woman right. The only country that seems to be able to pull off badass chicks who are actual 3 dimensional characters and not just walking stereotypes is Japan.

this. Literally can't give a shit about some alt right manchild.

Can we just round them up along with the SJW liberal crybullies, the bronies, and other retards and let them duke it out and then nuke the survivors?

>The only country that seems to be able to pull off badass chicks who are actual 3 dimensional characters and not just walking stereotypes is Japan.

>making a review that mainly focuses on the all female cast
This is exactly what Sony wants. More people need to do what RLM did and focus on how awful the writing is and point out that the all female cast doesn't mean the movie isn't a soulless cash grab. Sometimes I agree with McInnes but shit like this makes it very clear that he's an opportunistic attention whore.

wasn´t that movie a huge flop?

to be honest I didn´t watch it because I thought it was going to be "muh strong wyman" shit

>IdontlikeSJWsbutarent.jpeg

It was a box office disappointment, not a total flop. Anyway, it's worth checking out.

'Tactical retreats', yeah. Pretty common in action adventure movies. LotR especially comes to mind. It doesn't have to be a full-on fleeing like a bitch. Just barely escaping / surviving, learning from the struggle and living to fight another day.

When gurl power's the goal it doesn't really appear, but Hunger Games and Aliens both made frequent use of it at least.

There's hundreds of unintentionally misogynsit nipon heroines, but they also get it right every now and then. The Major from GitS comes to mind.

...And now she's Scar Jo. Dammit I almost forgot.

>Resident Evil doesn't do too well

I guess that explains why there's about to be six of them.

>what is money laundering

uh, what?

>THE MALE LEAD QUICKLY BECOMES THE SUPERIOR FIGHTER AND SAVES HER

it's valid criticism though, the target audience doesn't want to see four women who resembles their mom pretend to be cool and badass.

>QUICKLY
She trained him for months.

This makes me realize that female Die Hard could actually work.

I think McClane has one physical fight the whole move and the rest of the time he is running away through broken glass, shooting, and hiding.

Not that I actually want one but it could work.

Ernest Does a Sequel
Sequels say nothing about the success of a single movie, only that people are willing to exploit that success
What was the last sequel you thought was a genuinely great film?

>except morons, feminists and the media all keep pushing it as reality.
You mean like the morons on Sup Forums who count the number of black people in films to make sure they're within "realistic" standards?

There will always be people who appropriate content for their personal agendas. I'm not sure what good it does to focus on this, except to further spread those agendas.

Yet, no one is watching the female 2016 Ghostbusters. Face it, it failed.

Can't it just be a terrible reboot without the whole /r9k/ thing?

>APPRENTICE BECOMES THE MASTER

THE INHERENT SUPERIORITY OF MEN

women would shit their panties in that scenario.

Holyshit, seriously rekt. Can't wait for the backlash on this guy.

So would you.

He's saying the guy he quoted can't do shit because he's a fatass.

Yeah Terminator was a pretty good movie too

your implyimg a male space marine with no power loader wouldve been just fine?

Maybe not. Testosterone is like a bravery potion

OMG so Rebellious!™

You do realize that literal neckbeard fuck is playing everyone for views? That's why he has to reassure everyone that he's Rebellious!™ through his neato YouTube branding

Whether you subscribe or not, he's making his living with his hyperbolic, poorly-read horseshit, and you faggots just lap it up.

yeah, let's pretend the vast majority of men weren't completely disappointed when they announced the new ghostbusters would be all female. men love female comedians.

>You mean like the morons on Sup Forums who count the number of black people in films to make sure they're within "realistic" standards?
I've literally never seen this happen.
I've seen people go 'OOGA BOOGA DINDU GORILLA' when a black person is a protagonist, but I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Don't make up issues.

maybe, some men wouldn't though. all women would.

This isn't even comparable, you daffy shit. Feminists are using FICTIONAL MOVIES as """"evidence"""" of women being able to do everything a man can do AND BETTER. I mean there are actual feminists who think this abortion of a movie about GHOSTS AND DEMONS is somehow indicative of women being just as capable as men at... ghost busting? I have no fucking clue honestly. Feminists are morons.

>triggered

his criticisms that start "women don't do that" and "I've seen black women and they don't do that" are such bullshit. anyone who falls for that is gullible trash who's never left their basement before.

his other points are fine. ghostbusters is shit because it's primarily an empowerment message + joke movie and not anything tied to character or plot.

There are multiple reasons why it's shit so really, why not make a few up just for fun? It doesn't change the end result.

>2015
>not venerating the entrepreneur

UHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURUHURU