Let's have another

let's have another

Why? It was done already. Why don't you think of something new?

I have this, but I don't think it's what you're looking for.

is this the new dark souls?

what happens here?

holy shit

Mushrooms!

>Template for the lazy

who lives on the east coast? seems pretty chill over there

In the north there are basically the Middle Earth version of Eskimos and Cold Drakes while the rest is Dune coons, other Dwarven clans and Blue wizards.

Seems comfy

I've never understood this meme, it's like you guys have never looked at a map before.

They talk about this in the book AND the movie. Enjoy getting raped by warg riders.

What the hell is brown lands and Rhovanion anyway?

Keked

They had to go to Rivendell first, you doofus.

Sauromon gets them if they go this close to isengard

There lies what you are left to figure out. Hence the expression, 'putting the pieces together'.

Why the fuck, didn't the other wizards come to help? Why didn't other armies come to help? It's /pol bullshit.

>you will never explore tharbad

this place looks awesome

>Brown Lands

supposed former home of the Ents. Scoured by Sauron during the Second Age, the migratory male Ents returned here to discover the Entwives missing and traveled west in search of them, ending up in Fangorn.

>Rhovanion

Mirkwood + the sparsely populated lands around it

>sea of rhun

why?

okay Sup Forums

if you had the choice to live in Middle earth, would you rather

>be a hobbit living in a comfy hole in the Shire

or

>be a ranger going on adventures throughout the wilds of Middle Earth

ranger for me tbqh

Did Saruman know he had Ents living right next door to him? You'd think a master wizard would be aware of that.

Is this real?

Hobbit banging hobbit pussy famalam

Comfy as fuck

I'd be the Hobbit who leaves the Shire to start a tavern that brings the comfort of Hobbiton to the rangers of Middle Earth.
(assuming this is post-Sauron)

>passing right under Isengard

He used to be a friend of Treebeard's, they'd walk and talk sometimes. Saruman assumed the Ents would continue to be passive cucks.

> 'an artist's interpretation'

Okay lorefags, why couldn't they have done this? Note that most of it travels on rivers meaning they could have moved faster.

Hobbit. I'll even brew beer for 's tavern.

>living as a homeless man with no social interaction whatsoever and every day is a struggle for survival
vs
>enjoying a glass of wine with your qt hobbit wife after a fine meal as you watch your children play in the garden

Wouldn't you be traveling upstream past Esgaroth?

I'm not sure though.

>Rhovanion
Former Kingdom of Men that was allied to Gondor and got obliterated by the Wainriders.

The source of the river is meltwater from the mountains. It doesn't mean there is a pass there.

>Traveling Through Rhun

After that, you still have to pass the Ash Mountains, so it's not much better desu.

Why are there so few Bree-sized villages?

>walking through troll-country
>trying to go over the MM outside of the marked passes
>traveling in the shadow of the Grey Mnt's, through more trolls and goblins and orcs
>trying to pass through Rhun unnoticed

The Fellowship was trying to avoid them.

Check and mate, Lore fags

How do you plan to hide from Fellbeasts on a boat?

Why didn't they just get the dwarves to tunnel underground to mordor?

>b-but the pirates

This is by far the safest and fastest option. There is really no excuse.

>it's a Sup Forums tries discussing the legendarium thread but no one's actually read Tolkien's writings firsthand

you all disgust me

especially you lotr wiki scholars masquerading as lorefags

>they could have moved faster.

Because MOVING FASTER WAS NEVER THEIR FUCKING OBJECTIVE.

Which is the same reason why flying on eagles would be a stupid idea, because all the Fellowship cared about was STEALTH, not TIMELINESS.

Time was never an essential factor. If it was they wouldn't have dragged their feet leaving Rivendell, or have taken a solid month's vacation in Lothlorien.

The ONLY thing that mattered was that Sauron be given no indication of what the Fellowship's true objective was, or he'd have taken the simple step of sealing off his forge, which he never did because he never even considered that his enemies would try to destroy his ring, because he believed its influence would beyond anyone's resistance in his forge, the heart of his magical power. And he was correct in thinking this, also. He just should have made the floor slip-proof.

I don't understand how any of these are safer than the route they took.

The only dangerous planned route was the route through Moria, and that was only because Saruman put a curse on Caradhras that prevented them from going over the mountains.

actually that makes a lot of sense.

no

Because depth-dwelling ancient Lovecraftian horrors that even scared the shit out of Gandalf and the Balrog during their battle.

Dwarf so I can put all those hours in dworf fortress to good use and unleash an ancient evil

Sauron had been planning on waiting years for his final strike against Gondor. His invasion of Minas Tirith was supposed to be long off, he only moved it forward when Aragorn goaded him on with the Palantir. Sauron was forced to play his hand too soon because he was made to believe that Aragorn had the ring, and he'd use its powers to rally the men of Middle-earth and create a meaningful resistance, which would have been a pain in Sauron's ass even though, militarily, he was assured of ultimate victory.

If the Fellowship hadn't baited Sauron they could have waited decades and Sauron wouldn't have launched his invasion. He learned from his master Morgoth the consequences of rushing military campaigns. Just not well enough, apparently.

>dorf fortress
>good use

user, you might want to sit down for this.

ok so:
>sauron amassing armies
>was being really careful about not jumping the gun in his conquest
>was basically untouchable in his fortress

is why they couldn't take him on without the ring?

wasn't he suspicious that the humans were doing nothing to try and take him down? or was middle earth so fragmented at that point that it was entirely believable that everyone was too caught up in their own petty shit to amass any sort of formidable resistance?

I'd be a simple Hobbit gentleman farmer.

They were afraid to invade Mordor, as they should have been.

They would have lost the battle at the black gate if the ring wasn't destroyed. Even with Gondor and Rohan fighting on Pelennor fields, they would have lost if it weren't for Aragorn and his army of the south, and that was only a fraction of the army in Mordor.

>or was middle earth so fragmented at that point that it was entirely believable that everyone was too caught up in their own petty shit to amass any sort of formidable resistance?

Exactly this.

Gondor and its sister kingdom Arnor destroyed themselves during Sauron's absence. The work had been done for him, when he returned all he needed to do was choke the last desperate breath from Gondor.

The LotR appendices go into detail about this time period. Some real Game of Thrones type shit was going on, with corruption and intrigue and civil war. A series of devastating plagues didn't help either. And while Gondor fucked itself in the ass the Elves and Dwarves became more and more isolationist.

is there anything in mirkwood besides giant spiders?

A kingdom of Beleriand expats, some hills in the middle, and Sauron's secret base along the south end.

Actually building that base is how the forest was corrupted from "Greenwood the Great" to "Mirkwood."

Otherwise it's just an endless expanse of trees.

Huh. I didn't mean to post that.

Anyway I fucking hate the irreverent, lore-raping piss stain that is Shadow of Mordor and I wish cancer upon the entire development team.

If WB decides to adapt it then I say it's due time for another theater shooting.

Reminder that the films bear little resemblance to the books in terms of tone/atmosphere and that a true adaption would more closely resemble something like Lawrence of Arabia than Peter Jackson's interpretation

Yeah, Jackson told an action-focused war story. Whereas the book revolves entirely around the experiences of the four Hobbits - the whole story is told from a limited third person perspective centered on them. And they, or course, were not warriors.

Jackson made Aragorn's quest for the throne a central focus of his adaptation because that would allow for more on-screen sword fighting, but in the book that was only ever a side-note.

Living in the way south seems comfy with all those mountains blocking it off from Harad.

Im very confused

That's a fan-made (read:not real) map.

Yes. Also, book Aragorn is almost opposite the way Jackson wrote him for the screen. He is never in doubt about his crown or lineage. He basically running around proclaiming "THE KING IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS" the whole way.