Do we like this?

Do we like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGMgrOxATO3viAlbiOxkSMiBIjqUv0oYGl5FUGH3wGG6WlqA/viewform#responses
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you?

Yes

Does Reddit?

your opinion is wrong and you're probably autistic

>saged

It's pretty goddamn overrated.

HELP
I NEED YOUR OPINION SO I KNOW IF MY OPINION IS RIGHT

Most deliciously.

this

Watched it in theaters. It was on par with Ex Machina and It Follows.

In other words, the movie was for plebs to pretend like they are patricians.

Best of 2016 so far

What is wrong with her face

my 14yo sister loved it but she's an idiot

Then you are a pleb. Even if you don't like it you must admit it was very well crafted.

The Witch > Ex Machina >>>> It Follows

does she browse Sup Forums?

It had a nice theme and aesthetic, but the entire movie was lackluster

swap ex machina for babadook then you're spot on for the unholy trinity of plebcore

better yet, how about we just include babadook in there. Ex Machina is still beyond horrible and just made so dumb people can feel smart.

I enjoyed it but kill yourself we fag.

overall a 8/10 for me. Was really pleased by the historical authenticity. The ending felt a bit rushed though

>8/10
what are you, IGN?

The movie was 5/10 (average) or 6/10 at best (just above average)

very forgettable

not for me, I won't forget it any time soon

you should watch good movies then

such as? Horror wise

Judging by the Ex Machina threads on Sup Forums, those who hate it are the dumb people, and they already think they're smart.

Don't listen to him. He's a pleb. The Witch is easily one of the best English-language horrors ever made.

i thought it was a wonderful exploration of sexual repression within an isolated family unit

It was too slow but I fucking love how authentic it felt so I enjoyed it anyway.

>Judging by the Ex Machina threads on Sup Forums, those who hate it are the dumb people, and they already think they're smart.

Nope. It was a movie that kept reexplaining everything and had 0 twists or turns in the plot and literally told you the ending before it happened.

It was afraid to lose its audience.

>The Witch is easily one of the best English-language horrors ever made.

The Shining. The Thing.

I do

>The Thing.
fuck off with this. It's amazing on first viewing but it has no rewatch value whatsoever once you know who is and is not affected and you know where the jumpscares are. Most overrated Carpenter film ever

Oh, and The Exorcist

Rosemary's baby

>had 0 twists or turns in the plot and literally told you the ending before it happened.
None of these things matter or affect the quality of the film in any way.
>It was afraid to lose its audience.
I do agree with this. But, again, judging by the threads on Sup Forums, the fear wasn't unfounded.

>The Shining. The Thing.The Exorcist Rosemary's baby
Yes, there are quite a few English horror films better than the Witch. If we try really hard we might even manage to name 10.

This

And needing the approval of Sup Forums? Really? The same website that James Cameron thinks is cancer and laughed at when Sup Forums tried to trick him into a Q&A here?

You ain't gonna find quality here.

>None of these things matter or affect the quality of the film in any way.

Sign of a pleb. When everything in a movie is predictable, it's not worth watching.

If you watch movies for the plot then we have nothing left to say to each other.

This post is all fuckin retarded. That you can't distinguish between the quality of the witch and it follows shows you have no taste.

It follows is me high with some friends coming up with decently cool idea for a movie.... and that's it.

The Witch is an actual production, with acting, cinematography, and a lot of thought put into it. It's a great movie. Accomplishes nearly perfectly its goal.

>If you watch movies for the plot then we have nothing left to say to each other.

Plot is a big aspect of any movie, among other things. The Neon Demon was able to go around this because those 'other things' were so well done it didn't need a good plot.

Ex Machina is just bad.

was anyone shocked by the quality of dat ass? Just sayin

going by the number of kids shilling the witch here, you are correct

Havent seen these other movies but someone PLEASE explain to me how ex machina is even in the same tier as it follows. Sure its overrated but even if the way the plot went at the end was forced as fuck, the concept of an arrogant prick creating an AI that is smarter than him and getting fucking rekt is better than literally a fucking zombie ghost, and it had the execution of a good movie in basically every way

Haven't been on Sup Forums in a while, but....

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGMgrOxATO3viAlbiOxkSMiBIjqUv0oYGl5FUGH3wGG6WlqA/viewform#responses

Ex Machina was beautifully shot and edited.

>those sudden red to green pallet switches

Agreed, a lot of work went into that film. I loved how it was shot too, almost claustrophobic.

> ex machina
it was entry-level in terms of understanding, and in case you didn't, they reexplained everything you just saw over and over again.

And when they had the opportunities to actually make an AI movie interesting, they didn't. There was so much potential that could have gone in it.

ie. The guy cutting himself thinking he was an AI. Never revisited.

It Follows did have pretty good cinematography, though. Certainly far above the standard set by most recent horror movies. But, yeah, it and The Witch are incomparable.

>people are actually defending ex machina

>The guy cutting himself thinking he was an AI.
It was a visual representation of the problem of consciousness, not Chekhov's gun promising a sick plot twist. It didn't need to be revisited. The scene said all it wanted to say.

Shes British

>It was a visual representation of the problem of consciousness,
WOW SO DEEP

instead, it should have been a nagging thought the entire movie and maybe have affected his decisions in interacting with other guy.

>it should have been
I am sure a pleb on a Madagascan salt mining board knows better than an Oscar-nominated screenwriter on the matter of what a script should have been.

>you're not a chef, so you can't say if the food tastes like shit!

Nice appeal to authority. Is the last movie you watched an Avenger movie?

You're right. As per usual Sup Forums brings out the worst. Didn't mean to unnecessarily shit on it follows. It's perfectly acceptable for a viewing experience and I wouldn't have regretted paying to see it in theatres. Not on the level of the witch, though, which a) I've watched multiple times already for its good qualities and b) makes me a little more optimistic about the film industry in seeing a young director who actually invests in acting and the important stuff instead of explosions and memes horseshit.

I wanna feed her carrots and apples.

>food analogy
>fallacy
>implying I watch capes

I agree with you completely. The Witch makes me especially optimistic as a horror fan because it heralds (or at least I hope it does) an era in which filmmakers can take horror movies seriously. I've never seen a horror movie in the 2010s with as much work put into it as The Witch. Good things to come in horror, I hope.

This.
You are arguing that "the movie could have been better in this and this way" but that doesnt make the movie bad. Just because a concept is GOAT (it is) doesnt mean the movie had to be a fucking masterpiece just to avoid being complete garbage.

Also if you tell me the acting, cinematography, and tone were not damn near perfect anyway youre baiting

Slow burn movie that is unnerving and gets under your skin.

This reminds me of The Babadook in terms of slow burn and getting under your skin.

Liked them both.

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's one of the few movies that actually gets better with each viewing as you try to piece together how the thing infiltrates the camp and who it affects at different times.

she knows about Sup Forums and loves to give us reaction images.

she's even shitposted on here a few times.

Was it just one shape-shifting witch doing all these things to the family or was it a bunch of them?

>It Follows
opinion discarded

The VVitch is 1000% kino

I saw this after walking out of Cloverfield Lane where me and my friend where semi audibly saying the movie was boring (I walked out alone) while I was vaping on his vape pen saying that I wanted to get uncomfortably high in order to forget the movie. A group of girls followed me to this piece of kinography and I think we all enjoyed it.

I feel like they felt I was starring at the boy too much when he was possessed (they were behind me) and thought I was gay.

Anyway the acting all around, even from the twins, was spectacular

Also, if you enjoyed It Follows and didn't enjoy Jennifer's Body because you're a sensational fag, then you don't deserve an opinion

No. During the first 30 minutes I praised the movie for spending so much time establishing the setting and characters.

5 minutes later I realised the direction the movie was going in and turned it off. What a fucking disappointment, wasting the premise on a fucking CYOInterpretation bi-polar bullshit.

>When you realize there was never any actual witchcraft or supernatural shit going on
>They were all high as fuck from the ergot mold on the corn crop
>They were actually tripping balls on LSD the whole time

stop making this thread everyday retard

"The Witch" was probably the best american horror movie to come out in the past decade.
It is also the best "witch" themed movie, in my opinion (with "Suspiria" and the "Blare Witch" being close runner-ups)

The witch is fantastically filmed, great sound, well researched, and explores a relatively new concept in horror.

Trouble is, the actual story is a massive letdown. Its just flat and straightforward. They try to obfuscate this by pulling the old "barely explain anything" trick, but it just doesn't work. I'm glad I watched it once, I see no reason to ever go back to this beautiful but shallow flick.

>Start of the movie has a witch sacrificing a baby and using it as ingredients in a spell
>end of movie has a bunch of witches at their Sabbath
>hurr no supernatural durr

user, I...

I think it's more accurately classed as Suspense than Horror but since it dealt with the supernatural it got shoehorned in there instead. Which also leads to viewers going in expecting something different to what they're going to get.

figures. blair witch is a pile of shit too. please don't put suspiria in with that shit

suspiria wasn't even that good desu

I didn't like it that much.
I thought it looked mostly great, and I thought the acting was great but it didn't really do much for me on a personal enjoyment level.

I liked It Follows a lot more.

>it was real fucking good
>a lot of people liked it

Of course Sup Forums will hate it.

Pleb filter

>blair witch is a pile of shit
Yes

Suspiria is literally 10/10 horror, The Witch is 9,5/10, too early to tell though.

Does this have jump scares?

KYS SENPAI

>A movie needs a plot
kek pleb
It's not the movie's job to entertain you

of course it is

this

it was ok, it wasn't beautiful
it had a social network aesthetic

Best horror movie in a decade. My best friend is a normie faggot who thinks he is edgy and he dislikes it because it's not edgy enough for him.

>90 Minutes of mumbling in old English
>le spooky witch in the forest
The best movie since Ratter

>THE SHINING

fuck right off. the shining was never good. it's horribly acted bar nicholson who is still over the top as fuck and kubrick would have been better off staying more faithful to the book, which is a more interesting story

This. Kubrick didn't get horror one fucking bit.

>Sup Forums - hivemind

They decided to show a world suffering impacts from actual supernatural acts.

They established that very early. If you missed that then I'm sorry you're retarded.