What the fuck is this? Why do people like it?

What the fuck is this? Why do people like it?

HI I LIKE RED LETTER MEDIA, NOW I CAN PRETEND I KNOW OBSCURE FILMS PLEASE LOOK AT ME

It's different and visually appealing if you 420 friendly

It's "art"

>eraserhead
>obscure

This film made me cry when he killed his baby

Something about seeing that baby suffer throughout the movie had such an impact on me especially when it suddenly got more diseased and it made me think about all the other humans around the world who live in suffering.

Not sure if Lynch meant his viewers to interpret this movie by this.

Lost Highway is a better Lynch film.

Also known as Poetry: The Movie

Visually beautiful but bored me senseless

I don't smoke.

Shit spooked the fuck out of me, it was disgusting.

Visually beautiful? You can hardly tell what's happening.

What order should I watch Lynch films? release order?

I'd recommend watching Mulholland Drive before you see Inland Empire due to them being a bit similar in themes.

i didnt get it :-(

I like Wild at heart the most of his movies

Young man has trouble accepting fatherhood.

Mulholland Drive
Lost Highway
Blue Velvet

in any order, leave everything else alone.

what a pleb

Jeez why are people constantly saying this? I take it you don't watch artistic films that much?

This movie can be considered into 2 parts: 1 part is the dream world - i.e. the opening scene, the scene when his head is floating around and leaves his body and part 2 can be considered the real world: i.e. having to look after his mutated son.

The dinner scene can be considered dreamlike as well as it is obvious that throughout the movie the main character keeps going into dream stages. The singing lady is another imagined thing he dreams up to help him cope but then you notice the stage she is singing on gets more and more filled with mutated things (this is implying life getting harder and harder for our main character as his baby keeps getting more and more infected) and then you know what he does at the end... basically pulling the plug on life when he kills his son

All of this I think is a metaphor for how horrifying real life is with all the suffering in this world, how we treat each other. After all: the main character murders his own son! despite his son being mutated but still it was a part of him.

I found that scene really disturbing to watch because I felt so sorry for the mutated son who did not choose to be born this way.

I've also read other theories that the mutation which we see on screen is not how the son actually is; but the main character is possibly imaging him to be WAY WORSE than he really is.

Wrong on all accounts. Very shallow interpretation.

This is the only "art" film I've ever seen, unless Under the Skin and 2001: A Space Odyssey count, I hated both of those.

okay tell me your interpretation

I'm guessing you have seen Batman V Superman? (That desert dream scene and the Flash is pure artistic).

>Under the Skin
God damn it, how could a movie with completely nude Scarjo be so boring and awful? I was so pissed when I left the theater after that one

i really dont think it's "good" but i've enjoyed watching it because just like all Lynch films it provokes thought and it really lingers in your mind afterward.

Watch Days of Heaven, Tree of Life and Knight of Cups, AKA the only worthwhile art films.

Thank me later.

Because it was made by a pretentious wannabe Stanley Kubrick, which is too bad because the idea was interesting.

The only Malick movie I'll probably ever watch is Badlands.
Everything else looks extremely boring.

I just expected something different from how everybody gushes over it.

I loved Twin Peaks, FWWM, and Blue Velvet.

Under the Skin is probably the farthest you can get from a Kubrick film.

well okay

If you didnt "get" 2001 youre a retard, just wanted to make that clear

Thank you I thought I was the only one who didn't like that movie.

I got it, I just didn't like it.

There were like 8 lines of dialogue in the whole fucking movie! Who produced that shit?

It's not a good movie, just something redditors say they like so they can seem smart and artsy. Most lynch things are trash

I know, right?
Real kino should have no dialogue. It's a visual medium for Christ's sake.

i know people 'like' it because its meant to be some deep profound cryptic horseshit when in fact its just a dumb c grade 'arthouse' film lynch did as a joke

I didn't know even night Sup Forums was this pleb.

I laughed my ass off when that dude was trying to fuck her, and he was just couldn't understand why his dick wouldn't go in.

>Most lynch things are trash

>lynch did as a joke
but he didn't
it was autobiographical

Meme?

no meme
henry's child represents lynch's deformed daughter

Apparently it was Stanley Kubrick's favorite movie.

That's not a very funny joke honestly.

but seriously, it's autobiographical

it's about his fear of fatherhood

>The script is also thought to have been inspired by Lynch's fear of fatherhood;[5] his daughter Jennifer had been born with "severely clubbed feet", requiring extensive corrective surgery as a child.[9] Jennifer has said that her own unexpected conception and birth defects were the basis for the film's themes.

Yeah, I just read that on the wiki.
It makes me appreciate the movie more in retrospect.

It's okay, no one else truly gets it either. There are a lot of theories out there that have tried to dissect his symbolism but they're just that, theories. Lynch has gone on record saying that the true meaning behind the movie is still undiscovered and only known to him so far.

I thought it was a critique of 19th/20th century industrialism

this is probably the worst non-"this was actually considered attractive in the 90s; somebody explain" thread ive read in weeks

most of you are fucking retarded and need to go back

The posts I'm seeing in this thread is making cringe. Summerdale are real and they are film illeterate plebians.

/film/ board now

From the bottom of my heart, go fuck yourselves

Whoops
*summerfags
*illiterate

was it really necessary to point this out

I watched all of Lynch's stuff, but not "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me" it seems pretty divisive to if it's shite or not.

it's fantastic.

I can't fucking take how stupid most of the users are here anymore, stop posting on this board you braindead retards if you don't have any real interest in film please

okay kid

shut the fuck up