Why are we not talking about it?

Why are we not talking about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gQddgc1h_2I
youtube.com/watch?v=nIpXYU-9CBM
youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the underage retards who care about spaceshit are too busy shitposting about ghostbusters

we are, fuck off now.

>7.2/10

Just saw it a few hours ago. Solid 8/10. Would recommend. The chemistry between Bones and Spock was the highlight of the movie.

we only shitpost about bad shot like bvs and Ghostbusters, we ignore masterpieces like star trek beyond and marvel civil war because what is there to say about literal perfection

It looks pretty bad like the first two.

There I talked about it.

no one payed me to

I have never watched the original series and only seen JJ's 2 other films (inb4 pleb) and am intrigued with who this creature is?

Was it a part of the original series or did JJ just create it for this movie?

Looks like something from Knights of the Old Republic

it was better than ghostbusters, but that's like saying electropads are better than waterboarding.

New Enchantress Clip

>what is there to say about literal perfection
We can talk about the amazing cinematography of course

im gonna see it first morning its available
im hyped

Did you like Into Darkness? That was an 8/10 flick. I was surprised how good Cumberbatch was

>Why are we not talking about it?

Because Paramount doesn't have the marketing money that Disney / WB / Fox has, and we only really talk about bad movies, movies with an obvious agenda, or big capeshit.

Star Trek Beyond looks like it will probably be the best of the new star trek movies and will probably make a nice little profit of ~400m and be remembered as "oh yeah that was a pretty ok star trek movie".

THIS

bro that shot of the AT-AT in the sand though bro, omg bro, the force is with that shot bro

they really forced the movie
iykwim

I've never seen that species before and I've seen every episode of each series. I haven't watched the movie yet but unless they completely changed the look of an already existing species it's a new one.

Watched it today and I think it is the best movie in nu-trek by far

How it compares to actual Trek movies and Jar Jar movies?

She's new, also pretty sure Pegg made her, no coincidence Scotty is the first person she meets.

I liked how it seemed that Edison was going to get a heel turn but no he's just an evil fuck that was going to stab Kirkeverything but his communicator disappearing was cheesy though but in a good way

>why aren't we talking about a movie that isn't out yet that, like most movies released in the last ten years, has middling, leaning towrads good reviews before anyone has even seen it?

its a fucking mystery OP

also who the fuck is "we?"

i'm seeing it both because of the reviews and because of the sexy white alien nerd fantasy girl. just one of those wouldn't have been enough after Into Darkness

cuz RT has already proven itself to be filled with a bunch of unreliable groupthink cucks who just gave it a fresh rating cuz of the sulu gay retcon

we all know its actually going to be shit

Is it a certified CGI shitfest?

>rotten tomatoes
FOH pleb

I watched it and a lot of the on-planet stuff seemed like practical sets but i'm sure my asshole will get blown out in the behind the scenes features

I will say the opening was kind of dumb especially since it was related to the main plot longest fucking cold opening ever BTW

Saw it yesterday. Definitely the best of the JJTreks. Liked the character interations and the fact that it was a self-contained thing that didn't pander offensivly the way Into Darkness did. Still it's a dumb popcorn movie and not smart or philosophical the way old Trek was at it's best.

Best nu-Trek imo. Felt more character focused and the characters felt like people instead of excuses to blow things up. They seemed like they were based more on how they were in the show over its 3 years, and the movies, instead of the dumb meme versions the other two movies went with. Like it was written by people who have seen and liked Star Trek instead of dumb retards who only know the "beam me up scotty" and lel redshirt dies all teh time jokes.

But it was still an action blockbuster wearing the skin of Trek instead of an actual Star Trek movie, just like the other two. Better directed though, desu, but the editing was a bit off. I've got a feeling that they edited out a lot of stuff that would have made it feel more like an older Trek movie. CGI was pretty bland and space combat a mess, but that's par the course nowadays.

Just saw it. It's the best JJTrek film. I'd have to see it again to see if it holds up, but I think it's a better film than First Contact.

>they defeat the aliens by playing "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys really loudly
How is this forgivable, flick apologists?

i always imagined these things were bigger

I CANT STAND IT

I'm actually impressed they got the size right.

Yeah that was cringe worthy, but the movie as a whole is pretty ok. Definatley the best nu-trek by far.

to be honest, it's the franchise who gave you:

Kirk: You mean the profanity? That's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays attention to you unless you swear every other word. You'll find it in all the literature of the period.
Spock: For example?
Kirk: Oh the collected works of Jacqueline Susann. The novels of Harold Robbins...
Spock: Ah, the "Giants".

youtube.com/watch?v=gQddgc1h_2I

youtube.com/watch?v=nIpXYU-9CBM

youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k

and that are just the most famous one of the movies. Star Trek always made jokes of the good old classics

It's literally great and I was laughing thinking about people who hated the Sabotage trailer.

Like Kirk has a shit eating grin and says "great choice" when it starts playing

It was a blast I'm going to watch it again soon.

I take issue with the surfing part more

RIP Headcrabgirl

>MFW my local cinema bumped it into August because they think Ghostbusters will do gangbusters
Saturday is the premiere date at here in Norway.
Here's how many "fans" want to watch it.(a friend of mine and his friend can contribute to two seats)

Execute all trailer editors

Like, that TV spot that spoils Idris Elba's character is heinous enough and I'm glad I never saw it before seeing the movie, but another one of the trailers has the literal ending of the movie in it.

>hotwheelsseats

Hue.

There's no controversy around it

There's gay Sulu, but no one really gives a shit about Asians. Black Lives Matter.

Because most threads would be like
>jew jew abrahams
/bread

>Avoid trailers of an unreleased movie
>Come into thread on the film's opening night
>user complaining about trailers spoiling the film spoils proceeds to spoil a plot point

Thanks

JJtrek is just used for the new canon

A new film could be directed by Robert Wise and as long as it's still in the 2009 canon, it's JJtrek

>now, back to my ghostbusters thread

I liked how there's at least two, maybe three occasions where Uhura has to throw punches at these big ass Master Chief looking fuckers and each time she comes out on top instead of shattering every bone in her hand against their faces

In part this

Also Star Trek is alright but even basement dwelling nerds that love every incarnation of the show don't seem that enthralled by these new movies.

They're not widely despised or anything, but they're just kinda disposable

Is there an Anton dedication at the end ;_;

I got a free ticket through kino plus, maybe I'll join the fun.

the film has a dedication for anton at the end an in the beginning, there is an odd scene where you can say (or not) they cut it to be a dedication for him

Her boyfriend is a Vulcan, he obviously trained her to handle his savage mating techniques.

Yeah, it's kind of a downer because they movie already has a subplot running through it dedicated to saying goodbye to Nimoy.

There's also a scene where it felt like they edited in to focus on Anton one last time.

So who are the villains in the film? Are they the jemhadar, or some other race?

They are the former crew of a lost Starfleet vessel, Krall is Balthazar Edison, a Captain who was previously a military commander before the Federation was formed. He and his ship got lost when they tested the first warp drive to achive Warp 4 in the nebula. His whole motivation is that not only was he abandoned by Star Fleet but that the Federations whole unity = strength is bullshit and it was better when humanity was better off fighting on its own. He used alien tech to keep himself alive which changed his features

better than every Trek movie

>I'm going to use this alien technology to prove that humans shouldn't mix with aliens!!!
I CAN'T STAND IT, I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT.

HE'S GONNA SET STRAIGHT THAT (Federation) WATERGATE!!!

that is a weirdly shaped cinema

The villain is a human, a former decorated MACO from the pre-Federation days who was given command of the USS Franklin (something like the NX-326) when the MACO's were disbanded and absorbed into Starfleet when the Federation was founded.

His ship crashed on the planet beyond a (then) impenetrable nebula, only he and (I think) three of his crew survived. They found the world was a dead world whose natives were extinct, but whose advanced technology had been left behind. One of the techs they found was a way to prolong life, but it fucked up their DNA and made them degenerate into that Jem'Hadar like appearance. They basically vampire off living beings which gives them back life, if they do it a bunch of times close together their appearance goes back to being more human. The other tech they found was an extensive automated tech. The fleet that wrecks the enterprise and all those soldiers the main bad guy commands are drones.

That's not his motivation. This guy was on the front lines of humanities wars against the Xindi and the Romulans, and then gets absorbed into Starfleet and given a new job of being an explorer/diplomat/etc. The start of the movie is Kirk being disillusioned with the Five Year Mission because it's a seemingly unrewarding journey out into nothingness, this guy went through the same thing except he was a lifelong soldier whose previous experience was aliens was them trying to wipe out humanity. And then he gets marooned on a distant world where the Federation would never, ever come rescue him and his people, turning him against it even more.

>The other tech they found was an extensive automated tech. The fleet that wrecks the enterprise and all those soldiers the main bad guy commands are drones.
And that technology doesn't like the Beastie Boys, which is why it's so villainous.

it doesn't like radio waves (vhf) and the only radio they had was classical music aka the beating and screaming the Franklin had with it.