>>72236867

You're really surprised that the movie is going to focus on the flagship Pokemon...?

Really...?

What did ypou expect? Misty, Brock and Ash having a BvS style grimdark rapeathon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvEZkKzm-Lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>After 20 years of waiting for this film

fuck off back to /vp/, manbaby

>he expected a live action movie set in the pkmn world based on the games and animes

gosh, you're delusional. The thing they're trying to do is so, so much better.

It will be like the pokemon GO trailer and it is fine by me. Probably Pikachu will step out of a DS or some shit.

>What did ypou expect? Misty, Brock and Ash having a BvS style grimdark rapeathon?
>YOU HAVE TO SAVE DELIA
>DELIA, WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

A movie centered around battles would be extremely hard to sell due to the violent aspects. I'm essentially ordering my fire-breathing horse to kill your plant dinosaur.

What baffles my mind is that it's going to be a live-action movie. Has Nintendo learned nothing from the Super Mario Brothers Movie?

Come on dude the anime films are pretty good they've amply pandered to you pokemaniacs

Its not like this Pikachu is going to be Danny Devito in a fursuit.
Topkek

Are you an idiot? Its going to be about a talking pikachu solving dumbass mysteries. Hope this shit flops hard

>Kids movie about a talking cute animal
Yeah, sounds like a flop to me.

>ts not like this Pikachu is going to be Danny Devito in a fursuit.
you know thats get asses in seats for the pure spectacle of it

IT'S MISTY!

MISTY IS THE KEY!

AM I TOO SOON?

It's a test run. Try out live action on some minor, inoffensive project that will mostly draw the attention of the relatively small fanbase of ancillary Pokemon projects, people who more readily accept flaws in the series, whereas the mainstream would blow them out of proportion, and misattribute them to live action in general.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I'd pay good money to see that.

>Its not like this Pikachu is going to be Danny Devito in a fursuit.

There needs to be a petition for this.

They could be super robots

But this isn't Medabots.

Shame pikachu will be cgi.
I'd like to see something like Framing Roger Rabbit

Imagine Jesse Eisenberg as Giovani
>Blue vs Red
>Blastoise vs Charizard
>Oak of Pallet vs Ketchum of Pallet

I don't get it. I can understand the appeal behind a live-action Pokemon movie. I can understand the appeal behind an animated movie about a Pikachu detective.

What I can't understand is how you can logically fit those two together. Is this going to take place in the Pokemon universe or is it going to be like Masters of the Universe or something where a Pikachu comes to the real world and starts solving mysteries?

Does Detective Pikachu speak?

>>Blastoise vs Charizard

Blastoise every time.

The game was set in the Pokemon world, the talking Pikachu and its human friend solved mysteries involving both worlds.
Yes.

Sup Forums is going to love it when they find out who's writing it

>implying they won't toss Max' script in the trash

He's already in a Nintendo movie

That always looks like Jack from Will and Grace

>Pokemon
>flopping

sony pls go

doing a movie based on spinoff game is an excellent move by Pokemon Co. you know, in case hollywood failed to make a live action movie based on games/cartoon

Charizard wins in one on one battles with Blastoise. Charizard is the strongest starter Pokemon.

Venasaur would take them both out, it's why hes never in the show

My dad would never lose to Charizard..

>Charizard wins in one on one battles with Blastoise
Do you not understand pokemon?

so another entry into the ghost in the shell, death note animu bandwagon

He's talking about the show

>Max Landis has been teasing his involvement with the live action Pokemon movie for literally over a year
>it was the most excited and confident he'd been in anything he's worked on so far
>they ended up tossing his pitch and going with a detective pikachu movie
holy christ that's a shame

How """"realistic""" is pikachu gonna be?

Transformers or Space jam tier?

not to mention the main character in detective pikachu is already white, so there would be no controversy of whitewashing.

First Vengeance

>nintendo movie
>sonic

Wat

>What did ypou expect? Misty, Brock and Ash-

Yes

They don't have to go to the shows/games they could literally do anything as long as it's in the pokemon world

i say this is a good move by nintendo getting away from the dogfighting that's bound to be controversy

Ash played by Ashton Kutcher.

Misty by Christina Hendricks.

Brock by The Rock.

>disputing whether brock should be asian or female
no. don't fuck with the main franchise and minimize the damage

>Brock by The Rock

Or Black. Actually, I can buy a black Brock

Pokemon has been around all this time with shows games etc. What makes you all think that a live action movie will all of a sudden bring controversy with dog fighting etc

They could have easily done a movie based on ash and pikachu fighting team rocket and fucking shit up

JUST

>implying Brock isn't SEA

Live action humans will give the dog fighting thing more emphasis

Whenever something gets a live-action adaptation moms start complaining because it feels closer to real life

See: the TMNT movies from the 90's

so no hunting, trading or fighting? no gyms?

then why bother.

As long as it's in the pokemon world they could do anything

Wait so it's gonna be like those Smurfs movies where the Pokemon come to our world and have "zany antics! XD!!!"

That's exactly what Pokemon fans wanted! What could go wrong?

and no pokeballs because animal cruelty

yet they chose to do as little as possible, according to the article.

Directed by David Fincher!

It was probably Pokémon Co. and not Legendary. Pokémon Co. more than likely only gave them the rights to make a movie based off of Detective Pikachu and nothing else.

At least they didn't do a Pokemon Go movie where they come out of a teenager's cellphone or something

Why would they take the most popular aspects of Pokemon Go, a HUGE game, and try to capitalize off that? People want a talking Pikachu movie!

OR they could just make a movie in the pokemon world

>cgi monsters fighting each other

What would be so hard about doing that?

But pokemon are our friends

dragonball is an apt example on why you should take as little element as possible

he better not talk.
this entire movie better be the word pikachu 1000x.

Detective Pikachu talks.

>Detective Pikachu

Who would you cast as Detective Pikachu?

I'd rather see a movie where the protagonist actually catches and trains his pokemon

The dead black guy from the green mile but he's dead

Dragon Ball Evolution didn't even try to be accurate to DB though.

A DB movie would have Man of Steel style battles in it and shit like that.
youtube.com/watch?v=qvEZkKzm-Lw

It has an established fan base already that just multiplied thanks to pokemon go. Why the niche bullshit over a game that released only in Japan?

Making them fit into whatever bullshit gritty, edgy, grounded realism they want to inject into a movie of it.

Danny Devito

maybe they're thinking of released the game in the us/eu too. good way to hype it. or so they think. and i think it would be easier to sell this movie to those that aren't really into pokemon.

it's obviously business related.

Jay the Gay

It was a dragon ball movie NOT a dragon ball z movie

>Disney buys Marvel
>instead of the MCU they make a Superhero Squad movie because comics are for kids

Basically what Lionsgate is doing with Pokemon.

>People are mad that Nintendo isn't going to make a movie about pokemon fighting each other just becuase the trainers want them to for badges and lunch money, also have the trainer traveling the world with no supervision all while trying to fit it in less than 2 hours

Gee i wonder why they're doing detective pikachu instead

>about pokemon fighting each other just becuase the trainers want them to for badges and lunch money
they could have come up with something other than that for a reason to fight, easily.
>also have the trainer traveling the world with no supervision
same with this

pokemon is about training, fighting and relationships woth the pokemon, anything else is retarded and exploitative.

nintendo/pokemon co is just fucking up again. sad after the success of pokemon go.

To be fair, Superhero Squad was GOAT as fuck if you watched it when getting home from a night out drinking

This is not a fuck up, you have no idea how to run and ip with cute monsters

They could still have a pokemon battle in the detective pikachu movie, it just won't be the focus

>people want a movie based around the main concept of the franchise

blasphemy

>from the makers of the Godzilla reboot

don't worry about the depiction of the Pokemon, they won't even show up

>it's a lets cash in on the current trend episode

The main concept of pokemon is pokemon

i genuinely feel bad for max landis

dude got cucked out of ghostbusters, power rangers AND pokemon

His concept for fantastic four was shit

No, they want kino

t. Snyder

Haven't there already been like 10 Pokemon movies?

>got cucked out of GB
that's a blessing

Only kids and nerds watch those, this is the first real film about it

None are based on the games NONE

Danny DeVito or Patrick Warburton

Danny better be in this.

Yeah, remember when Goku was an awkward highschool kid?

Remember when Goku was fighting Piccolo in z?

it wasn't a perfect adaption but it was clearly dragon ball not z

So when should we expect the other live-action Nintendo movies to set up the Nintendo Cinematic Universe?

Never going to happen bub

that would make 500 million worldwide.