Why is Rick and Morty disliked by Sup Forums

Why is Rick and Morty disliked by Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWFDHynfl1E
youtube.com/watch?v=N5lBzUGw0Kw&index=12&list=PLELGd0AepsKLfBbm7kkTGNjhvd2rkRPwI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because it got popular.

Because it's a "LOL so random" cartoon (burping seems to be a big source of humour); it's written by Reddit, for Reddit; and its fans seem to think spamming "get schwifty XD" in threads will get them upvotes and gold

This happened, which resulted in people saying stuff like

it has some ok episodes the only issue I take with it is when it tries to go "look how deep we are/ insert emo music". then its just down right cringy

u seem angry it cant be healthy to live in a state of critically anger

Not really, I mean yes by all means it has "lolollo so random xD :D" but it also has deep meaning to it

it's one of the best pulp adventure shows ever, but unfortunately a lot of memers run its jokes into the ground

So what, I mean shouldn't we hate Breaking Bad for the same reason

>but it also has deep meaning to it

youtube.com/watch?v=hWFDHynfl1E

will not be giving this meme shit a modicum of my time or attention you odious little runt, begone from my sight

Written by what, now?

See ya in three days.

>not running memes into the ground

Oh, what's the matter? You don't like FUM?

i'm not sure you've actually seen an episode. for the most part the humor comes from the plot and situations

It's Tumblreddit Tips Fedora: The Cartoon

i think you're mistaking it for Gravity Falls

meta af

21 July 2016, 9:34pm, personal note:

If ever I want to get people banned, make a thread defending Rick & Morty

it's even less true for Gravity Falls

For a site anons supposedly hate, it is mentioned every other post.

I dont think some of them get that if they didnt bring reddit up, then nobody would mention it.

Rick and Morty and Gravity Fall's creators are really good friends not surprised comparison is thrown here

Spot on.

It is like the type of cartoon that was created entirely in a boardroom.

eh, not really. Sup Forums has hated Rick & Morty pretty much from day one. you'd know that if you weren't a reddit tourist.

>that word again

This is just too FUN!

ITT: people have strong opinions about a show they've never actually seen

It was created by one of us, then got popular.

So now the rest of the crabs in this bucket are trying to drag it back down.

it just gets annoying over time

Rick and Morty has some really funny episodes, but most of it is mediocre with tons of unfunny burping, stuttering and "lulz so random" humour

>country gets invaded by mudslimes
>hurr if you don't bring up mudslimes, then nobody would mention it

Seriously how fucking stupid are you?

Its get so much unreasonable hate. Only reason peeps use is "reddit"

HAHAHAHA LOOK AT ALL THE PLEB CUNTS WHO'VE MENTIONED THAT WORD, GET BTFO BY THE MODS

IT JUST NEVER STOPS BEING FUCKING FUNNY

LET'S SEE HOW MANY MORE OF YOU CUNTS USE IT

i'm having a hard time thinking of a single instance of so random humor apart from the improvised episodes

>look how deep we are/ insert emo music
Mhmm. This and Hijack Horseman and F Is For Family. All came out at the same time pretty much. Feeling burned out yet?

>Bbbbbut soooo deeeeep Nine Inch Nails bro!

just watch that shit at 14:20 for example

youtube.com/watch?v=N5lBzUGw0Kw&index=12&list=PLELGd0AepsKLfBbm7kkTGNjhvd2rkRPwI

>literally nothing to do with reddit
>give an aggressive pol bait analogy
> "Sup Forums" board

As always the fanbase is what ruins it.

It's a good, maybe above average show with some funny/interesting episodes/plots but every fucking person who talks about it gushes about it like it's Golden Age Simpsons. They're also such genuinely stereotypical Redditors who can't enjoy something without being annoying and obnoxious about it.

I just watched the series, one of my friends loves it too and we're both into old sci-fi, Metal Hurlant, etc so we both enjoy the clear influences it has in those regards.

I have to admit I was somewhat taken aback by the fanbase for it though - they're just fucking awful. t's like the Western equivalent of Evangelion in that regard, a decent semi-intelligent sci-fi cartoon ruined by a fandom of chin-stroking pseudointellectual hipster faggots armed with their 'introduction to philosophy 101' course notes crawling over each other to declare it the DEEPEST SHOW EVERRRRRR MAAAAAAAAAAN.

How retarded are you that you think redditors are actually going to stay here and talk about reddit?

Must be exhasuting to be so paranoid

*exhausting

I got mixed feelings about it
I liked the first season, but hated second one

Biggest problem for me is this made up on the spot off script comedy what ever its called in English
Also i really dislike the continuity, the creators cant decide if they want to pull forward one story or not, so we get family guy tier episodes once and something more connected another, fucking decide on something

And since its now too late to change the tone of the show, we will be stuck with this rollercoaster till show gets canned

If the fanbase annoys you so much , ignore it

Reddit: The Animated Series

Just like adventure time, you're kidding yourself if you're watching either of these and not realizing you're a redditor

>Redditors who can't enjoy something without being annoying and obnoxious about it.
Those retards love forcing GoT into every discussion. Endless posts shilling how GoT is perfect and HBO should run the planet. It's the most irritating white noise around now. I can't wait for it to end.

It must be terrible living like you, blaming all of your own faults on others.

Here's how it is, friendo. You're not going to like it, but all I offer is the truth.

You can not stop the oncoming tide of what you perceive to be "le randum post-millennial newfag summercancer tourists" from coming to this site. Or any site. Or any nation. Ever. Our numbers are too strong.

What you CAN do, however, is this. You can take a giant step back from yourself and ask, "all this crying about the past, all this whining about the present and all this despair for the future - does it make me a genuinely happy person? Does my knowledge of the idiocracy enlighten me? Does it hold me and reassure me on a cold night?"

Chances are, everyone who desperately clings to the "good old days", the answers to these questions probably aren't what you would refer to as "positive". Chances are, you probably fucking HATE yourself. Why don't you do something that distracts you from your smug, arrogant self-righteousness, for a change?

Take up a hobby. Take a walk. Lift. Oh, you'd be surprised how much better you feel, after a few weeks of doing a nice, light weights program to get those joints and muscles moving.

Maybe then there'd be less of you insipid, whining cunts making posts like this.

We are memes. We are the new Sup Forums.

See, here's what I dont get. Nothing the fanbase is doing is new or shocking. They like what they like and they talk about it on their own boards or start discussions about how they like it...on a television and movie board, thats the point of this fucking board

The irrational criticism seems to be from ppl who go over to reddit to find something to shit on, complain about it then come back to talk about the "le reddit" meme.

"Oh my god, le reddit and memer guys! What faggots har har, why does reddit suck so much?"

Nobody else will be talking about reddit at all...so it comes off as really forced summer-tier faggotry

It's a serious cut above shit like Adventure Time, in my opinion.

The animation style is about as unappealing but I'd say at least half te episodes are solid writing-wise. It's a good replacement for Futurama.

It's a really one-sided rivalry at this point and it's sad that neckbeard virgins with nothing better to do than pound their crusty dicks to anime feel the need to bring this shit up every other post.

Nobody fucking cares, nobody wants to hear about "LE REDDIT" this and "UPBOAT 4 U GOOD SIR" that. And this is coming from someone who cut his internet teeth on Sup Forums.

>there are people that actually think that reddit and morty is deep

because of the Elliot Smith reference!

You dont have to project this hard, we got it

The show has had very consistent continuity.

Do you have an example otherwise?

See I don't mind Either R&M or GoT, but when I hang out with my extended friends or friends of friends this is also the shit I deal with.

I don't ever pay attention to what people do online or Twitter, but in person it's sort of hard to ignore it. I just politely smile and nod usually.

Spotted this post before I posted. I've never been on Reddit before and avoid the /got/ general etc, but this is an IRL issue.

I get sort of excited about things I like too, but I don't just start blabbing about how AMAAZING IT IS to people I barely know. It's just very obnoxious.

To be fair, I was just answering OP's question over why people may dislike it and amazingly enough you can't just live in a vaccuum where things live in their own space. See Fembusters, the movie looks dull and lifeless but I am slightly less inclined to watch it because of the general annoyingness I have to deal with from "supporters" of it.

>Series 1 was surprisingly funny with some good sci-fi ideas
>Series 2 was 2deep4u with almost every episode having a 'sad' moment

pretty disappointing t b h

Believe it or not the average person here wasn't always a fedora-tipping atheist man-child or a cock-ring-wearing nu-male. Plain and simple this show does not appeal to the type of people who browse Sup Forums, this show appeals to redditors.

Series 2 was an obvious "LET'S MAKE MEMES FOR SHIT TO HASHTAG/PUT ON SHIRTS"

Finnaly a decent reason not just
>reddit

Just make a list of what is or isnt reddit so we all know ahead of time, friendo. That way, we can breath a sigh of relief since we have you looking out for us and telling us what to watch and what to like.

Gotta make sure its Sup Forums approved kino.

>tons of unfunny burping
did you all only watch the first episodes? rick doesnt even burp that much as the show progresses

also why does this trigger you guys so much?

That surprised me. I actually like the show, but intellectually it's punching at the weight of a Philip K Dick short story, not Gravity's Rainbow.

For instance?

Hardmode: no Mr Poopy Butthole

It did end...the season is over.

How can you judge it then if you haven't even seen it edgelord faggot. I haven't seen any of it, but that doesn't mean I can call this a plebbit shit-tier show.

It's hilarious when Redditors get their cover blown. Look how defensive they get!!

lol how does a fanbase even ruin something? are you just going out of your way to find annoying fans to interact with? because i can only think of a few times when rick and morty has come up organically in real-world conversations

>Le plebbit show

We deal with kino here faglord

If you aren't annoyed by cunty fans of something, you may just be one of those cunty fans, user.

this is what i had to deal with on other website's being shared all over the place.

or maybe, like i just said, it means you should stop going out of your way to interact with shitty fans of stuff

Are you this retarded to take this seriously and get triggered

>show directly panders to reddit (literally)
>lol guys how is the fanbase even ruining this dumb show gosh!

>redditors think this is genius

You linked a copypasta and two opinions that are exceptionally tame and the exact opposite of the cartoon "reddit" you want to be real in this thread.

But this is reddit to you? Are you actually retarded?

Contrarian Faggots

>call rick and morty fans pseudo-intellectual
>cant come up with a criticism that isnt REDDITREDDITREDDITREDDIT

What that meant to get me to like it?

Not everyone is a tiggerred faggot like you. I dont shit my pants at the mention of reddit like some incontinent retard who just learned what a keyboard is.

Reddit snd meme-ee

Rick went from being a hilarious, psychopathic asshole grandpa to an edgy self insert character that the whole show is based on.

The parents were never, ever funny. They should have stayed as straightman background characters who's only job was to get mad at Rick's shenanigans.

the edgelords don't like anything popular

Why bother it is an immature dreck for faggoty weenies.

I used to really like Transformers when I was a kid.

A few years ago I found out the Japanese company responsible for the original toys had been remaking them as collector's pieces aimed at adults that were made to be painstakingly cartoon-accurate. I started buying them whenever I had some spare cash, and built up a decent collection.

Then I encountered the Transformers fandom. Six months later I finally sold the last items of my collection, and had nothing left to tie me to them.

>"OH MY GOSH SESAME STREET IS THE BEST SHOW EVER, I'M 6 AND I LOVE IT!
>"Oh well that's nice, I mean I don't watch it but it seems oka-"
>"NO SERIOUSLY IT'S THE BEST SHIT EVER, LIKE I LOVE IT, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS AWESOME, IT'S FUNNY BUT ALSO SUPER DEEP!"
>"That's cool, I might check it out th-"
>"HERE LET ME SHOW YOU THIS CLIP ON MY PHONE IT'S AMAZING HAHAHA!"
>Mfw

Cool?

I like the show for the most part, but the alternate TV episodes are the most offensively awful things I've even seen

If you think MLP, GoT, etc have toxic fanbases you're lucky to have never been exposed to the TF fandom.

who the fuck thought mr poopybutthole was (un)ironically a good name for a character?

Consider yourself lucky you aren't a MoTU collector then. Literal cucks to Mattel.

But yeah, the TF fandom is pretty bad. You should see them before a movie is released and every TF reviewer on Youtube is trying to get the first review of prototype movie figures and paying hundreds of dollars to be first.

It's like a really autistic version of The Sopranos.

The only thing that would "tie" you to fans, was if you said you were personally tied to fans. The rest of the logic makes no sense:

>other people enjoy this thing, so me enjoying it is a reflection of them enjoying it

Nobody cares

because calling people redditors triggers them. its a nobrainer as an insult

it will wear off however like cuck before it

Can someone please tell me what they mean when they describe a Movie/TV show as "Reddit"?

What the hell is Reddit and why is it bad?

But people do hate Breaking Bad here

Its already worn off, its just desperate and used by summerfags who dont know how tired and worn out the insult is by now

>The parents were never, ever funny.
pleb, chris parnell is great
>calling people redditors triggers them
it really doesnt though, you'll just take any response you get as XD UMAD REDDIT

it means KINO

Has anyone seen the pilot?

>"Lick my balls morty. Its the only way. Lick my balls".
How is that funny

Because ?

This

>le reddit is for normies meme
reddit has more hardcore subs than Sup Forums, by far
Sup Forums is normiecentral, you're not even allowed to post teens on /gif/

A lot of people suffer from autism but dont get a proper diagnosis from their doctor to treat it. There.