The comedy

>the comedy
What did he mean by this?

maybe because it's a fucking comedy and it has like 45 minutes of straight fucking jokes you fucking fuck cunt dick nigger slap that thight with your balls you hairless chink

can somebody explain this movie to me? i'm retarded and I can't interpret it in any successful way except for "ironic hipster".

No. It's not funny at all, you pretentious piece of shit.

Tim's such a hansy boy.

bump

tim heidecker should've been the next pete venkman.

To me the ending and a few other scenes were meant to show that the guy is secretly miserable but hides it all behind a thick wall of irony. He wants to be able to let his guard down and enjoy innocent pleasures but can't. I'm sure there's more to it but that's a basic explanation.

white people

To me he is truly happy at the end playing with a kid emphasizing that he is a giant man baby who can only interact with children for fun who are the only ones at the same emotional level as him.

Reboot when?

it's meta

thanks bud

As opposed to black people

That's another good interpretation but I still see it my original way. My friends and I kind of act like the people in the movie sometimes so that's how I perceived it. It's hard to be genuine sometimes especially when you and your friends get off on making fun of "normal" people. The end reminds me of "This is me and mommy and walking" scene from World of Tomorrow. He's enjoying one simple moment away from the constant negativity in his life.

someone explain why he just sat there watching that girl have a seizure

i think i get most of the rest of the movie, but that whole sequence with the girl confuses the fuck out of me

lack of real empathy/energy?

It's just showing how disattached from reality he is, normally someone would be terrified or scared, even rushing to help her but not him. It's just mildly entertains him.

He's embarrassed to be seen taking anything seriously. That was just an extreme example.

becuz he didnt gave a fuck lmao

what did he mean by this?

this movie really shows what you become if you continiously ironically shitpost all your life and start to get old.

He knew that she was faking it.

sounds like you're gonna get a no no tip

In real life if someone's having a seizure you're not meant to do much other than ensure they don't collide with things.

It's happening to me. I do it in real life. People don't like me after a little while but I can't stop.

At least I make myself laugh.

>movie about a guy who doesn't find anything entertaining
>call it The Comedy
>movie about a comedian
>call it Entertainment

POETRY

read DFW

Start with infinite jest?

The thing is he couldn't leave his pal eric out of such a teamster movie. Theyda made the whole thing a goof.

Hes become a sociopath perhaps psychopath not caring at all about others only doing things that serve his own interests. Many comedians probably feel like they lose all sense of compassion at some point.

Its about an ironic hipster who is empty inside, who experiences a truly sincere moment at the end after being really weirded out by a girl having a seizure

Yes.

>tfw tim will never do more dramas despite knocking it out of the park here

>ironically shitpost
Lel what's it like crawling out of 2011? How are you not aware of post-irony?

Fuck hipsters.

He's lived a life numb to real emotion and never has to confront "real life". I think the best example of this is the lunch with Gregg where they riff on hobo dicks for 5 minutes but when it comes to the time to have a real conversation between friends they have nothing to say and it's empty. I think the seizure forces him to confront something difficult and his experiences are finally forcing him to grow as an adult. I could see this As being an option but I see it like he finally can just let his wall of irony melt away and enjoy life. Maybe he's letting his inner child go. I'm not sure

It's a warning to the post-ironic shitposting generation, the kind of people who think T&E and Sam Hyde are the apex of comedy and wit.