All Male Ghostbusters Reboot

...Is this seem happen? I was really excited

What do you think OP? Trick question: you don't think

Reddit: the person and based Tatum could have done something with Ghostbusters. Throw in a funny fat guy and Kevin Hart or some shit

Yea, Isn't this still happening?

Please just leave Ghostbusters alone.

after all that whining about reboots is this something that people actually want?

>based Tatum
kys

Seth Rogan
Adam Sandler
Will Ferrell
Damon Wayans

It just gets worse and worse.

Fuck off, sony.

Sucks it won't happen Sony will bury the Ghostbusters franchise after this movie. The irony was this was a passion project for Tatum and wanted a mixed gender team, and the Russo brothers wanted to direct it. Sony just fucks up constantly desu

Can we start making orginal movies soon?

That's what ghostbusters was...

an orginal movie...

reboots are only bad when women are the protagonists.

This. I don't want any fucking reboots or sequels at this point. Ramis is dead, Murray is a douche, the only opportunity for the sequel I wanted has passed.

Although at least if it happens, I'll be allowed to hate it without being labeled a misogynist, which is nice.

Yeah, but then Hollywood would have to come up with a new, original premise and actually put some effort into crafting something engaging, instead of just kicking back and collecting money from nerds and fanboys who will pay to see anything that they own toys of from 30 years ago.

On one head I absolutely don't care about another Ghostbuster remake
On the other hand it would be hilarious to see it making more bucks than FemBusters

Original movies still get made.
They just don't have the production or marketing budgets that blockbusters have.

Chris Rock
Terry Crews
Donald Glover
Zoe Saldana

Rock as the scientist. Crews as the eccentric one. Glover as the deadpan one. Saldana as one of the daughters of the old Ghostbusters.

Cameo by Ernie Hudson

All Black Ghostbusters > All Women Ghostbusters

You know it to be true.

I would fucking watch that. Damon Wayans is awesome

Ghostbusters (Directed by Edgar Wright)

Starring: Simon Pegg and Nick Frost

Ben Stiller
Jack Black
Tom Cruise
Robert Downey Jr. (in blackface again)

>based tatum

Ask me how I know you're reddit

I'd watch that, yeah.

Ernie Hudson is the George Harrison of the Ghostbusters. When you get older, you realize he's actually the best. My biggest problem with the first movie is how criminally underused he is, and when I read about how much of his stuff was cut to make room for more of Murrays un-funny showboating, it makes me sad.

didn't Pratt turn it down because he thought it was sexist?

A church going, flag saluting, gun toting, conservative like him?

sexist?

PFFT.

This is the only way

>he's just like me!

Ghostbusters 2018

Dir: Edgar Wright

Cast:

Amy Poehler - the Venkman analogue. She's a TV psychic who got into it because she had a genuine paranormal experience as a child, but has gotten so used to faking it she now doubts it ever really happened. Joins the GBs after her show is cancelled.

Kumail Nanjiani - the Ray analogue. A paranormal researcher who contacts Poehler to interview her for academic reasons, she sees him coming a mile off and manipulates him into forming the Ghostbusters so she can make a quick buck.

Martin Starr - the Egon analogue. An acquaintance of Kumail from university who makes basic equipment for him, and layer designs the proton packs. Basically just Egon, very little is changed about this character.

Will Arnett - the Winston analogue. A blue collar guy who comes in when the Ghostbusters are looking to expand, he has more enthusiasm and ideas than Winston in the original. He is slightly over-eager and causes trouble by enacting his own poorly-thought out plans without the backing of the others.

Kristen Schaal - the Janine. She plays her standard Kristen Schaal character, the kooky, head-in-the-clouds superfan type. She's convinced she has some level of ESP, but clearly doesn't. In one scene, however, she accidentally breaks something with her mind, Carrie-style, but is oblivious to it.

Just give me the budget and I'll make it.

>>he's just like me!

Never implied that, i'm not even American!

It's not that Blackbusters > Girlbusters

Sony got a shit cast, if they went for some real talented and funny actresses (replace Baboon and McFatty by Poehler and Fey maybe ?) We could have get something cool.

Blackbusters made by Sony would be something like this : Leslie Jones, Kevin Hart, Jay Pharoah and the other black girl from SNL ?

Lebron James
Bryan Cranston
Will Ferrell
Matt Damon

Tell me you wouldnt see it

Damn I would watch this in a heartbeat. Though as much as I like Edgar wright I think there'd be a better director for this cast and the feel you're going for.

Channing Tatum
Jonah Hill
Kevin Hart
Ice Cube

I just memed on you

I'm open to suggestions if you have someone else in mind

Key
Peele
Chris Rock
Terry Crews as an autistic paranormal enthusiast

TOP BLACKBUSTER CAST, DO NOT DISPUTE

It's not stellar but that's pretty alright by Hollywood standard user.

Would watch

key and peele arent funny though

and crews is a meme

I may get called a pleb for this, but what is this from?

They could make mixed reboot
Like half male and half female cast
As long as script is not fucked up this would work

>and crews is a meme

What the does that mean, do you even know?

This is what they should have done but i think Sony are literally retarted and just wanted to shoot themselves in the foot again.

Pls no

Swap out that meme actor Donald Glover with someone else and swap Zoe Saldana for Rosario Dawson and that would be a pretty good movie pham.

It really depends on the script but a generic group I think could work in most situations:

Jonah Hill
Seth Rogen
Marlon Wayans (twist is he isn't a nigger, just a black scientist)
Channing Tatum

Looking at this list on paper I kind of hate it but I honestly feel like these four could make a great film together.

>The Rock
because the guy is based, proven funny
>Chris Evans
his return to comedy
>Will Ferrell
a bit of Will never hurt anyone
>Will Smith
token black

>Emily Blunt as receptionist

A lot of the Ghostbusters EU seems to have Egon sort of training in the new generation of Ghostbusters/rookies/whatever.

If they truly wanted to do a progressive Ghostbusters, they could have easily just had Winston the guy training in the newbies. They could have had like, a white guy, a white girl, a black one, and another character. Have one of the characters be related to one of the previous members.

No one would have really cared, or thought anything of it, but they didn't want to make a progressive Ghostbusters. They wanted to make the balls-bustingest, neo-feminist empowering, man-bashing movie they possibly could instead.

Not really.
Some incontinue more.
This is only a meme middle finger to stick it to sony that their decissions in the last 10-5 years are bad and against fans of movies or the property.

All movies need at least one meme actor nowadays though

Channing Tatum
Jonah Hill
Key
Peele

Alison Brie or Emma Stone as receptionist

Didnt they announced it with "all/female"?
And most were that they saw it as pr strategy and dont want it as gimmick.

>all male reboot

This would be trash too. Ghostbusters had the kind of subtle comedy that doesnt really exist anymore. Ghostbusters comedy was mostly dialouge but it worked because you could believe these guys would actually be saying these things in the circumstances they were in. We dont have that type of humor anymore. Its alot of slap stick and over the top dialougue

God not Channing Tatum

>We dont have that type of humor anymore.

Watch a Judd Apatow movie, ya pleb.

>that old humor
Yes, it was more that could happen than making it exxagerated nowadays.

Nick Miller would be a perfect Ghostbuster.

This.

>I've seen things that would turn your shit white

After this latest disaster Sony will kill off Ghostbusters forever

>this is good casting to Sup Forums

but god forbid you put some mediocre females and its a war against penis

(You)

>Sony throws 4 literally who and/or JUSTed comedians, a budget lower than deadpool, and a washed up director just to make an all male Ghostbusters so bad it makes the all female one look good.
>advertises it as a "man's man" kind of ghostbusters with heavy implications it will suck ass.
>it backfires and becomes the best comedy of 2017 because it's 4 comedians having fun being ghostbusters and slimer is a puppet again.
>Sony, incapable of understanding what makes a good comedy, is put under constant fire from liberals thinking that they were set up to look bad
I'm all in.

Wishmaster

it's one more you than I deserve

R rated reboot when?

It's called Frighteners

keep tellin your self that pleb.
your nostalgia is ALWAYS right, right?

Dont know if this doesnt counts as inspiration.
Its like saying spiderman is a superman reboot.

Chris O'Dowd
Richard Ayoade
Matt Berry
Noel Fielding

I somehow feel like this would be really good

Holy shit, get Katherine Parkinson for the Janine and it's perfect.
FUCKING FUND IT.

>Will Smith

he would not come back for any sequels, if they get successful, the budget of the film will lower to afford him

replace him with a Hannibal buress or one of the less cringey wayons bothers, or if you really wanna go out there one of the lucus bothers

>Tom Cruise
>not Alec Baldwin
>blackface RDJ
>not Alfonso Ribiero

>ralph fiennes
>richard ayoade
>christine taylor
>Tatum

>noel fielding

no. but i wouldn't mind julian barratt

Adam Devine
Rainn Wilson