Is he the biggest hack in the history of cinema??

is he the biggest hack in the history of cinema??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying the new trilogy is worse than TFA

He had the biggest drop off in terms of talent.

HE LIKES BIG BUTTS AND HE CANNOT LIE

Of course. He also created an indestructible empire of shit, so he wins

It is, the sooner you hug invisible Dexter Jettstar and realize it, the better

No. There are far bigger, far worse hacks out there.

Pretty much.
He got all the credit for a mega-hit that he was only partially responsible for.

Like who?

>hating on based george
reddit has truly arrived

youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288

explain

Hackson

>dude i watched the plinkett reviews now i know everything about film lmao

ANH was a rush job that barely came together.
Script was totally revised during filming.
Lines were improvised.
Costumes and sets were thrown together with whatever they could find.

It was a trainwreck that somehow actually turned into a good movie.

There's a reason why George was immediately taken off writing and directing for the sequel.

I don't blame him.

Hearing about some of the behind the scenes things makes it clear that he had little control over what the fuck was going on.
The film company wanted a movie overnight while it took years of preproduction to make LotR.
The man went weeks with only a few hours a sleep each night
It's no wonder it was so crazy.

i blame him for lotr not the hobbit. his vanilla filmmaking and camera work pisses me off

OP the answer is Jackson or Nolan

>his vanilla filmmaking and camera work pisses me off
He has his faults but I don't think you can accuse him too much of this.

He had some good flair in the LotR, mostly centered around the Ring.
Like seeing the reflection of the Council of Elrond fighting.
Or the double focus when Frodo drops the ring in the mountains.

There are plenty of "non-vanilla" camera work in the series.
Obviously, he's no Raimi, but he went above what was the baseline requirements.

fellowship was good but thats it

not just camera work, pacing, editing, atmosphere, tone, is all lacking in the others

No, he's made at least two good films: Star Wars and THX1138.

Webm please

What about American Graffiti? Is that one at least decent?

Fellowship was the best, but the others still have their moments.

Two Towers has the Helms Deep montage sequence when they arm. That's good.
Or when the Nazgul rises up towards Frodo in Osgiliath.
RotK had the Pelennor Fields speech or when Faramir does his suicide attack

There were still some good visual moments throughout.
While Jackson may have been running low on creative steam by the end, I don't think it qualifies him as a hack.

fair enough

I think the worst part of this battle isn't even the bad slapstick, but the look of it. I know that it was early cg, but holy shit, zero effort at all. It's like they were fighting on a windows xp desktop.

I think Fellowship is the better of the three, but LOTR trilogy is to this day eons better than any other blockbuster saga we've had from year 2000. I still have the chills watching the ending.

>inb4 uhr 10 endings

i unironically wish he was making the new star wars movies

sure, they could end up shit or they could end up great like RotS, but i strongly dislike the direction in which TFA is taking the series and would rather want him at the helm pulling some unexpected bullshit

no youre a faggot

I would come up with some creative insult, but I can't argue with double dubs. Time to suck some cock, I guess.

same feeling here. TFA was okish, but it had the same flavour of any random tv direct disney movie

>they could end up shit or they could end up great like RotS
>implying that RotS was not shit too
Hate to break it too you, but it wasn't much better just because it had more people dying in it.
Trust me
Shit movies are my speciality

george?

No, THX 1138 was very original and American Graffiti practically started the 50s revival of the 70s.

that's not Hack Snyder

youtube.com/watch?v=20vA9U7J2qQ

daily reminder that del Toro is partly to blame for the quality of the Hobbit movies, Jackson just picked up the project with little to no time for pre-production.

There is no photoshop in Bliss

>daily reminder that del Toro is partly to blame for the quality
Blame the execs who pushed del Toro away.

>mfw i hate del toro (besides pans labryinth)
>and im happy with the hobbit we got

>im happy with the hobbit we got
you got very low standards

>im happy with the hobbit we got

For the hobbit yes

The extended for dos was decent sure botfa sucked

>there's a river in the middle of the grass

And the only reason he had the money to buy out the rights from everyone else is because he chose merchandising over a bigger paycheck. He is a hack fuck but a smart businessman.

no. that would be Nolan or JJ Abrams, maybe even Cameron

an unexpected journey for me was a solid 9/10

dos was a mixed bag. some parts like smaug when he didn't behave like a retard monster were goat, but other stuff like the totally unnecessary love triangle were putrid. 7/10

botfa was just lame. 5/10

Nah George was pretty good back in the day.
Then he got old, senile and silly and made some movies that didn't work.
When he spoke to Charlie Rose he said he would make personal movies in the future which would make the audience work harder.
Well good luck to him, may he show us all yet.

>Hate to break it too you, but it wasn't much better just because it had more people dying in it.
i liked it because it basically brought all the cool shit out on display like general grievous and sidious
and also because it had a much darker tone than the previous two movies, and even without that, it would still prove to be a better movie than the previous two

>is he the biggest hack in the history of cinema??

This. Say what you will about the prequels, but they had some of the best villains.

George is a pioneer that changed cinema forever.

That said, he could have done a better job with the prequels.

>generic edgelords with no character
>good villains

ayy lmao

are you talking shit about count dooku?

> claims its shit

> spouts memetalk from the movies

Where are all the memorable lines from TFA have h answer me that

Did they?
Grievous was totally ridiculous.
>MUHAHAHA I AM EEEEEVIL. I WILL CRUSH YOU PUNY JEDI
That was almost dialogue straight from the movie.

And Dooku (stupid name aside) just didn't have a clear motivation or backstory.
How was he a Count when Jedi kids are taken as teeny babies?

Why did he leave the Jedi? I think there was a line about corruption in the Republic, but why then join the literal source of that corruption?

They looked pretty cool, but they were empty shells. Even Sheev was pretty shallow in the end. But George can show us if he wants to. He's got the cash to do it.
Hell perhaps a follow up to THX.

Good movies don't make memes.
Only bad ones.

>Darth Maul: Sith assassin with a double-edged lightsaber
>Count Dooku: Former Jedi who left the order because he disagreed with how they ran things and because of all the corruption in the senate, now the leader of the CIS and a powerful Sith Lord
>Grievous: Badass cyborg general of the CIS, known for murdering Jedi and taking their lightsabers as trophies

as much as i liked all of them, they really didn't have that much depth in retrospect

but that's fine; they aimed to make them all be cool and stylin' af and they managed that perfectly

Clone Wars gave them more depth, thankfully.

I find it amusing how the tv shows have done more for the setting and story than the movies since the prequels.

>botfa was just lame. 5/10

That's still pretty high, considering it's one of the worst movies of the decade

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku

>The name "Dooku" was based on the Japanese word "doku," meaning poison.[69] In the Galician and Portuguese languages, "do cu," pronounced exactly as in "Dooku," means "from the ass", "of the ass" or "I do anal". For this reason, Dooku's name was changed to "Dookan" in Brazil.[70]

Even though you're technically wrong, no one had faith in ANH. Even Lucas. It was an experimental movie that got lucky. Spielberg and Lucas set the trend for summer blockbusters.

Wrong.

>I had a female friend whose nickname was doku

I wonder if she did anal

I've not seen American Graffiti, so I can't comment on it.

The worse part is he didn't want to direct the hobbit movies. It was Del Toro's job. The studio basically strong armed Jackson and forced him to do it.

reminds me of the time he had a chin

>The studio basically strong armed Jackson and forced him to do it.
Right after they forced del Taco to quit.
It's no wonder we got what we go

That's not Scorsese

Only a pleb deals in memesolutes

Georgie is a genius.

Lucas wasn't really a hack per se. He never really was all that great desu. He had some great ideas and some rotten ideas, in the beginning, he had people around him that would say "that is a shit idea," and he hadn't built up enough ego to disregard them yet. By the time the prequels happened he'd developed so much ego that he didn't hire anyone but yes men so there was no one there TO say he had shit ideas.

Notice how everything made when Lucas was in control of the company that WASN'T directly made by him was pretty good.

So essentially a decent producer and garbage writer/director. Hack in short.