Easily one of the best cape films ever

Easily one of the best cape films ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10746474
popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Blu-ray/zgbs/movies-tv/2958935011
wegotthiscovered.com/movies/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-cult-classic/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/ 1467850803001/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Easily.
There's nothing to compare it with.

Agree

Ultimate Cut is 9/10

Genuinely the smartest genre film released in years.

Reminder

strawpoll.me/10746474

The biggest film since the silent era

Reminder

>Snyder’s Batman and Superman each embody a manifestation of American self-consciousness in the 21st century. In Batman we see our obsession with fear; an overconfidence in the power of striking fear as a deterrent along with the persistent fear of the threat of the other. In this movie as well as in the comics, Batman’s “cautiousness” borders on paranoid fear as he keeps a contingency plan on Superman and the other members of the Justice League because trust in the goodness of others is a sucker bet. Snyder’s Superman raises the questions of the morality of our worship of unfettered power. Superman’s cultural mythos has always coincided with the belief that such raw power exercised in the pursuit of justice is good. Batman v Superman asks us to consider the Man of Steel as a “weapon of mass destruction” whose intervention, even if benevolent in its intentions, creates destructive after effects.

>While critics and fans hashed out whether the plot was overly ambitious or whether Snyder assumed too much familiarity among his viewers with the deep structures of the DC canon, I think an argument can be made that the film functions effectively as contemporary myth inviting us to wrestle with the issues of the exercise of power, the nature of humanity and our proper place in the cosmos. If myth can be understood as “an imaginative narrative that gives [a community] inspiration” and that “novels and films present us with mythic stories about ourselves” then I would argue that this film is an invitation to examine ourselves and imagine ourselves differently. Mythology, as Luc Parry claims is “a response to our questions, as mortals, concerning the good life.” Thus it is worth exploring the mythic elements in Snyder’s re-telling of the Batman and Superman story for modern audiences. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice utilizes the cultural ubiquitousness of Greek mythology, the Christian narrative mythos, and these understandings of myth as imaginative narratives about ourselves to draw viewers into a sustained critique of American power and hubris in a postmodern world.

>Instead, Snyder’s Batman v Superman is comics as modern mythology in that entertainment seems secondary to crafting a story that engages questions of the human condition, good and evil, and the exercise of power within the clash of heroes with superhuman abilities. From the very opening the particularity of this story is framed in a story of origins, not the origins of the particular characters but of the loss of “diamond absolutes”, a fall, and the longing for return that marks a tragic vision of human reality. Superman and Batman within Snyder’s story are ciphers through which we are invited to wrestle with ourselves, our desires, our gods and idols in order to discern a path forward in our world.

>I would argue that by recognizing the theological weight of these cultural issues Snyder’s film is the more important cinematic effort of coming to terms with American postmodern ambivalence than its lighter and more entertaining Marvel counterpart, Captain America: Civil War. Both deal with ambiguities of raw American power but Marvel’s iteration lacks the awareness of the quasi-religious weight these issues carry in America culture. It would be a potential loss if poor reviews and market forces result in the removal of Snyder from unfolding this vision (and hopefully sharpening it) in subsequent films.

>The movie closes with concurrent funerals, one for Clark Kent and one for Superman. In the background of Kent’s casket being laid to rest, Bruce Wayne muses on what must die. Raw power is being mourned in a “circus” in DC over an “empty box”. His Amazon compatriot replies that we (America) don’t know any other way to honor him but as a soldier, deified a hero solely by virtue of symbolic proximity to raw force. Soldier and hero are collapsed together in public consciousness. Ironically, this honor comes at the cost of considering him human, potentially courageous or callous.

>Back in Smallville, the handful of dirt scattered on the pine coffin holding the fallen begins to levitate. We know there will be a return, a resurrection of sorts. But the conversation Snyder invokes revolves around the questions of what precisely has died and what will re-emerge to live. Perhaps it is past time for America to grieve the death wrought by the messianic belief in unchecked power. Perhaps then America’s dominant religion can let go of its need to transform its founder into a superhero.

>tfw I praise it everyday but still haven't watched it

>all the shills in this thread
When will you guys give it up? Nobody liked your shit flick.

>Batmans moms name is Martha
>Obviously traumatized his parents death
>Has nightmares about it even in adulthood
>Gets a newspaper clipping that says YOU KILLED YOUR FAMILY ON IT
>when he has superman beat, superman says "Theyre killing Martha"
>this obviously triggers the fuck out of batman
>they stop fighting

why do people hate on this part again?

Your loss, man. I agree with the guys here. It's legit great.

Martha...

Emotion and sincerity scare autists and they are unable to properly understand feelings conveyed through the film.

Reddit pls

It was the perfect example of why this genre is currently known as capeshit

If you cut the actual fight between bats and supes this would almost be as good as man of kino

>Your loss, man. I agree with the guys here. It's pretty bad, but I pretend it's great because I wanna be a special snowflake.

FTFY

Not saying much but yeah. Its in the top 3 for sure

The longer cut was honestly worse because it made an already terrible movie like 40 minutes longer.

>inb4 cuckposting

*sigh*

It's been 4 months and this fucking meme hasn't ended..

Explain to me how a professional director can let this into his blockbuster 2016 film.

>tfw when I'm waiting to watch the Super Ultimate Master Cut that'll be released in ten years.

>DC dominating on the commercial and artistic fronts.

What went so right?

The kings are back in their thrones, despite the bile and vitriol spouted here and by the media.
popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Blu-ray/zgbs/movies-tv/2958935011

>people still discussing dawn of kino
>people stopped making threads about civil war after 1 week

What is the best format to collect kino on? I'd like to start a DCU collection. I don't like "discs" I'm more of an analogue guy

>FTFY
Nah, it's was great. I enjoyed it a lot.

>Liking a good movie is a meme.

I've seen it twice and still don't understand the hate.

Is this a joke you IQlet? Even the ultimate edition is extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

idiots that wanted a marvel movie with dc characters.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

I hate you all.

I think most people will admit the movie has some good ideas.

It's just that the film is absolutely incompetently made on every level. The script sucks, editing sucks, the plot is lost in the muck of trying to set up a Justice League movie as fast as possible and any delusions of being a "deep" capeshit movie is lost when the climax throws character development to the wayside in favor of fighting a CGI cartoon dinosaur

>DC dominating commercial fronts
Lmao a fucking Captain America movie made more money than a movie featuring the 2 most iconic superheroes ever.

>didn't even break 900 million
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>people still discussing dawn of kino
BvS is a modern cult classic that defies the modern genre conventions of a capeflick being a shallow action-comedy. It (and likely most of DC's slate) will be discussed for decades.

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-cult-classic/

Fucking christ this picture makes me sad. Capeshit has ruined everything

yikes

High density vinyl records

Because Batman believes that Superman is literally the greatest threat to humanity, his mere existence is a disaster waiting to happen (and judging by the Knightmare visions, he's right) and he just forgets about all that because his mom is named Martha. It's like if the Navy SEALs just decided to spare Osama because they found out he loved his mom. On the flip side, Superman just forgets about Batman being a mass murderer. You can write as many essays as you want trying to justify it, but they literally just become friends because their moms are named Martha.

And let's not even start on how poorly put together the scene is - who the fuck calls their mom by their first name?

> Le BvS was good meme

>CGI cartoon dinosaur
>Implies the film drops its subtext, symbolism and thematic concepts

Nigger, Doomsday literally beats Superman into submission with a marble slap marked with the names of all those died in Metropolis when Zod invaded.

>''look, i posted it again. it doesn't matter how often it has debunked, because i'm not listening''

Batman v Superman is so bad DC may have tanked their entire cinematic universe already.

You can bet your asses WB Exec's are fucking terrified that Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman might flop. Batman v Superman's gross was frontloaded as fuck and dropped HARD, only meeting the absolute bare minimum of box office expectations. It was entirely sold on hype and goodwill from fans, and the movie was complete shit, and everyone knows it. Everyone saw that Sad Affleck meme video, and the cultural consensus is, by and large, that BvS sucked. Is anyone really excited for Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman? Even fucking Justice League? Do normies know that movie is coming out? They're already a billion in the hole for this franchise, and it's not taking off like they hoped it would.

>Le

Go back.

>look mom i posted it again!
no one cares about your liberal film school tier analysis faggot

>Capeshit drone
You ha-archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/ 1467850803001/

Oh you're a redditor

>tfw dc has already won
it's a good feel

So why was Batman so triggered by the name Martha? I know it's the name of his mother but he is afraid that Superman might abuse his powers up to the point where he has nightmares about him. Superman having a mother doesn't change anything.
And why was Superman so weird during that scene? Why would you say something like "Save Martha" when talking about your mother? It would have been way more natural to say "Save my mother".
And what was Lex's plan? I get that he hates Superman for some reason but for a guy that runs a company and should be able to make rational descisions it wasn't very wise to create a monster that you have no chance of defeating if you can't control it.
And why was Batman fine with Wonder Woman? She showed strength similar to Superman and even turned her back on humanity. Batman should have been suspicious of her.
Lastly, why didn't Snyder just used The Dark Knight Return's story and adjusted it a little? You don't really have to be a genius to make the story work with only Superman and Batman.

Why do the same 3 posters waste their time posing these BvS was good troll threads every day like it will change people minds of the movie being absolute garbage by any standard.

literally never has been debunked.

>So why was Batman so triggered by the name Martha
>Snyder literally spells it out for the retards in the back row by having a flashback to his parents' murder were his father's last word is Martha

0/10 try again.

They have no taste
Their cinematic knowledge only goes to imdbcore and picture related

It was all over the place. Meandering in areas that don't matter (Lois spending 20 minutes finding out that Luthor is evil and does nothing with the information). Incredibly weird ads for the next movies (like when the dramatic music starts when Wonder Woman's picture shows up).

I have no idea where it's going. It fails to set anything up in a logical way that it makes the rest of the movie a chore to watch, a waiting game to the big fight, which was so mediocre and full of terrible effects that it wasn't worth watching 2 hours in the first place.

I don't even give a shit about the Martha thing because it works in the sense that it shocks Bruce into actually taking a second to think, but that admits that Batman wasn't thinkign for the entire film, because absolutely no one was.

it has been the first five times it has been posted, after that is just became stupid.

sup reddit!

Come on, it's Batman we are talking about here. The dude is ice cold in the movie and deadset to reach his goal. Someone like him would never change his mind unless he has a compelling reason to do so.
And no, Superman's mother being named Martha is not a compelling reason.

Those are all my favorite films

>tfw patrician

never been debunked. cry more.

it has, now fuck off redditor.

I agree. Only part I didn't think fit was the computer screen cameos at the hotel. Would have been cool to leave it at wonder womans reveal and flash, with the other two symbols teased but untouched. And the kid Bruce was weird. But damn was it pretty, and suspenseful, and well thought out, and fun as fuck

>Reddit boogeyman shitposting

Me: 1
DCucks: 0

if you only can post debunked arguments, fuck off

>captain America

>no actual argument
>i w-won fuck off reddit
Lmao pathetic.

Was Civil War not a Captain America movie, kiddo?

fuck off

>debunked
>implying

why would he post arguements that were debunked?

the marta same name shit was so dumb but the rest was fine better than civil "war"

Iron Man had more screen time

because he posts this in every thread and doesn't look at the pesponse.

civil war was avengers 2.5

M A R T H A
A
R
T
H
A

Quiet you.

stop
REEEEEEEEE