HP Lovecraft anthology series

IT'S HABBENING :DDD
>Per the report, Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and Dan McDermott will serve as producers on the show — the first to receive the Lovecraft Estate’s blessing — with a pilot script from Matthew Francis Wilson. Key stories being adapted include “The Call of Cthulhu,” “The Shadow Over Insmouth” and “The Dunwich Horror.”
indiewire.com/2016/07/hp-lovecraft-anthology-series-legendary-tv-the-call-of-cthulhu-1201707939/

I have hopes for Insmouth. The call of Chulhu doesn't seem adaptable at all.

How are these guys track records?

>16 works
what do you want to see lads?
I'd love to see the Temple though I know that'll never happen

>picking the plebest stories
please

ahahah just you wait for the cancelation of the project when niggers, coal burners, white numale feminists, faggots, gays, lesbians, mentally ill "transsexuals" protest because Lovecraft was a RACIS WHITE CRACKAAA

>Call of Cthulhu

You mean the story where 90 percent of it is spent going around the world reading ancient manuscripts and scholarly papers?

Can i have a Pickman mini series? A short, at least?

>Lovecraft Estate’s

But he had no descendants wtf, who claimed it?

sorry you'll have to get your quips and splosions elsewhere

What i want to see is a big ass Dream Quest trilogy directed by Del Toro, but that will never happen.

>picking the most popular ones to name in the article for the sake of widespread recognition
Stop being autistic

He was the king of cucks, I can only expect a cuck show

"On the Origin of Niggers" confirmed?

Facts concerning the late Arthur Jermyn and his family
The music of Erich Zann
The transition of Juan Romero

I wish they would stop with this Cthulhu bulshit, though.

Tommy Mottola

Reminder that those are facts, not fiction.

Probably his lawyer.

Those first two would be great. Not sure how well Juan Romero would trend up being though, doesn't really seem fitting.

If they wanted to stay in line with cthulhu shit but stay away from the more popular works The Thing On The Doorstep could work pretty well.

If they're making an anthology series though, nothing could top a Herbert West: Reanimator show.
I would kill to see the Harlem Smoke scene properly recreated on camera

I'd love to see The Horror At Red Hook tbqh familia

That is just about every Lovecraft story though...

The Colour Out Of Space would be nice. It's my favourite.

reading about Lovecraft always depresses me because of how hugely influential and famous he became, but had a horrible life of poverty.

theres a nice (albeit cheesy) 80s adaption of that movie.
i liked it.

It's even worse in Tesla's case. I mean, he could have changed literally everything for better.

*story

Is this the best Lovecratian movie of all?

I saw this. Faithful to the book, but not that good a movie overall.

Isn't that how it usually is with influential people? They do great works, live shit lives, then they are recognised after they die.

true, but seeing how rare lovecraft movies are it was still worth a watch if youre into the whole thing.

Yeah it being a lovecraft adaptation was the only reason i watched it.

as much as I love these stories I hope they introduce new stuff to them. I want that feeling of mystery to be there for me

I can relate. Although I haven't really read through all of Lovecraft's works so there's a bunch that are still somewhat unfamiliar to me.

>The CW

dropped

Just wondering how they're gonna design the creatures is mystery enough for me. I'm really looking forward to seeing the big penguins.

oooooooo so spooky :D

Pikman's Model
Cool Air
The Whisperer in the Dark
I'd also like to see some of the surreal dream-cycle works adapted, like The Doom That Came To Sarnath.

Wasn't Goyermo del Torah planning to make an ecranisation of In the Mountains of Madness right after Hellboi 3?

His treatment hit too many of the same notes as Prometheus so when that came out they kiboshed it.

That poster is fucking awesome.

Shut up, Wesley.

Are you retarded? They are obviously going to omit all the racist undertones.

Jostled by a nautical looking negro

>wil wheaton

Speaking of which, Wheaton is a big Lovecraft fan and is probably trying to get involved in this right now

what is it with numales and lovecraft? he's becoming the tesla of literature.

yes

supreme gentleman.mkv

im hype

>tfw it will be diversity cast, feminism and liiberal propaganda throughout the whole thing
>source material whose creator was racially opiniated to say the least

give that guy a break.

nobody dare fucking say that stupid rat in the wall story. god that sucked.

i'd rather them never adapt his work than dilute it with nigger and liberal propaganda.

but of course, us whites don't get to have what we want in
>2016
fuck this earth.
why can't the others realize that they are simply not as good?

I never understood why people thought so highly of it, but there's no denying that it's perfect for an adaptation unlike a lot of Lovecraft's other works

Bearing in mind Lovecraft's feelings about women and blacks it's pretty entertaining

This has to be the best casting though

>call of cthulu
>not Dunwich horror

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>All lead characters women
>Only whites are the residents of Innsmouth
Fuck, now I'm dreading this

Can you read English?

Excessive gore, jumpscares, editing not used for visual mindfuck, generic soundtrack, Look at this creature it has a tentacle!!!

Meh i cant be hyped

>Key stories being adapted include “The Call of Cthulhu,” “The Shadow Over Insmouth” and “The Dunwich Horror.”
read the article next time

Your reading comprehension is awful.

Oh... embarrasing

Cthulhu is probably the most "known" story, would be the smart thing to produce first.

But yeah, I feel you; there's already a good adaptation of TCoC.

Que?

he wasnt tho, early lovecraft was racist weirdo lovecraft.
mid to late 30 lovecraft changed his mind about all that.

Mande?

ugh, this is probably true.
niggers and liberals are literally destroying this world at its foundation.
nothing is sacred anymore.

tbhwyf, i'm disgusted by the state of the world.
they beg for equality and free speech, yet shun anything that is slightly different than their vision.

sometimes i just want to go innawoods with my guns and dogs and call it quits on society.

thats one of his best story considering what is actually described and the scope of it, it also is surprisingly precise compared to his normal vagueness.

>half of the writers gimmick is "oh shit look at that craziness i cant even describe it my mind is melting"
>make an adaptation in a visual medium

Plus nearly everybody that still cares about lovecraft is annoying prick.

>ugh

Literal tumblr.

My picks for the stories that could be adapted to tv

>dunwich horror
>case of charles dexter ward
>shadow over innsmouth & thing on the doorstep
>haunter in the dark
>mountains of madness
>colour out of space
>dreams in the witch house
>whisperer in the darkness

time for mgtowitw
maybe we can find an ancient death cult out there
cultist bitches know how to fuck

>Literal
tumblr

>So many unrecognized PoC and LGBT talents
>Lets adapt the works of another straight Anglo-Saxon male (also an Anglo Saxon supremacist)

SJWs really do have a point you know

The 2010 adaptation of The Colour Out of Space was pretty good, but yeah, I was happier when no one knew who Lovecraft was. Next thing you know normies will be listening to music I like, and I'll be buying a cabin a few hundred miles from

:^)

ugh, could you like, not?

nigger, surely you know ugh has been around since shakespeare to profess disgust and contempt

what a shock that there's a nigger in a lovecraft thread that has never read a book.

let's just start the ancient death cult out in the woods, then get cultist bitches to slob our knobs innawoods

True, but some of his stories are straightforward, like the dunwich horror.

Got source for that?

To my knowledge Lovecraft died dirt poor in a multiracial shithole.

how many levels of irony are you operating on right now, bro?

Reminder that almightly Cthulhu was defeated by
a
B O A T
O
A
T

He married a jew, that's literally all you need to know.

So? It was self inflicted. In his early years he was hugely spoiled by doting aunts and uncles, so its not like he never experienced luxury. If he hadn't been an antisocial autist, he could have have found work and lived a more comfortable life as an adult.

>he went back to sleep
>EPIC WIN FTW
>we did it, reddit!

For starters, he married a Jew

In childhood he used to draw anti-kike kikels into the dirt on the playground and yell "Shoo, shoo Jew!" to any Semite who would wander near and seek to play frivolous games with one of noble Saxon blood

He came a log way

Dunwich Horror has a little bit of "too insane to describe" but only at the very end. I don't remember Shadow Over Innsmouth having any at all. They chose good stories of his to adapt

Too cool to count bro

>CW
I get you guys love your retarded Flash and Arrow, but this is a horrible network for anything suspenseful and disturbing

No, it's not. He maintained his racist views even with his wife.
Nice satanic trips though

>it's not even out yet.png
but i share your concerns

you can move a bit closer if you want.
wouldn't hurt to have a hunting buddy.
we can drink vodka we distill ourselves and lament over the state of the world we left behind.

please dont fuck it up , im so excited to see Lovecraft stories made into a serie

Haven't read any Lovecraft in years but this could be quality in the right hands. Which story was the one with the devil worshipper who had built a labyrinth under his house and a few centuries later some kid became obsessed with him and went to seek it out? That was by far my favourite - would love to see it adapted.

That doesn't mean anything. She was an atheist Jew and he married her in spite of it, much like how she married him in spite of him being a shut-in virgin robot.

Ignoring SJW crap, how can they realistically fuck up this?

>almightly
6/10 made me reply

also dose travelers and local townfolk with psychedelics and perform contrived ritualistic sex acts on them deep in the forests

Unironically wish AMC instead. They aren't afraid to rattle ADHD manchild. And their production values obviously shit on all other "free" networks. CW belongs to teenage girls.

they can't really
best part is if it's trash you can ignore it
you can ignore things you don't like, right user?
i sure hope so