Disney is bringing back old popular Expanded Universe properties and making them canon

>Disney is bringing back old popular Expanded Universe properties and making them canon
>They're producing new Expanded Universe books and comics but now they're actually canon

They literally made EU non-canon to get rid off Luuke Luuuke and Breasts

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luuke_Skywalker
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luuuke_Skywalker
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xgBpoiC8qGA
idigitaltimes.com/star-wars-episode-8-plot-leak-reveals-game-changing-sequence-between-luke-skywalker-541147
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
youtube.com/watch?v=mSPGDzc3xWg
audiobookbay.me/audio-books/star-wars-the-timothy-zahn-collection-timothy-zahn/
marvel.com/comics/series/19379/darth_vader_2015_-_present
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Irek_Ismaren
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They made Anakin being The Chosen One non-canon too.

just so they could make rey the chosen one.

Am I the only one who likes that the prophecy that we knew nothing about was wrong?

but what about lUUUUke skywalker and darth bane?

It's a direct and deliberate retcon of the first SIX movies for feminist points.

youtube.com/watch?v=xgBpoiC8qGA

elaborate

So who is back? Is it my nigger Kyle?

idigitaltimes.com/star-wars-episode-8-plot-leak-reveals-game-changing-sequence-between-luke-skywalker-541147

Obviously take it with a grain of salt.

It doesn't even fucking matter, Star Wars is trash without Revan. KOTOR 1 and 2 >>>>>> the OT and any shitty propaganda pieces jewjew abrams and disney make.

Kyle Katarn is a post-episode 7 EU character so no

SWTOR and the Revan novel ruined Revan already so who cares

Oh so you're a complete dumabss? OK.

Actually, they've been dropping more and more hints that Revan might come back.

Nothing concrete and almost certainly not as the game character we knew, but given the Tortanic that's probably for the best.

The novel was serviceable, only TOR was shit.

Lucas never liked Kotor 2 and Bioware would do an even worse job than lucas with the prequels would they pick his story up again.

Bane?

The wanted to put him into the Clone Wars or Rebels series. They made models for him and they filmed the scenes but they didn't put it into an actual episode.

The novels set up the Sith Emperor and Meetra Surik and Revan seperating into a light and dark being cringe shit

Lucas didn't like 2 because it wasn't shallow good vs evil crap.

Kyle Katarn is a pre-Episode 4 character

This.

>The novel was serviceable
>The Sith Triumvirate get disrespected like mad
>The Sith Emperor is basically a Sidious/Nihilus ripoff
>the Exile turns into a Revan fangirl and cheerleader
>the Exile just goes "lmao Force wounds" and somehow heal a literal dead spot in the Force
>Revan and the Exile get BTFO by OC special snowflake villain and Revan never sees Bastila or his son again

Fuck this trash.

The big guy is still canon, but he got a redesign

The novel included bioware utterly missing the point of Nihlus, then stealing his and the Exile's powers to give to Darth DonutSteele without any of the downsides. Fuck the novel.

I can't believe they did this to Bane. This can't be happening, he was in charge here!

Lucas didn't like KOTOR 2 because Kreia was a better antagonist than Sidious. He's just butthurt some video game developers get Star Wars better than he does.

*novel

I love KOTOR 2 but people should stop spreading this embarrassing shit

Lucas never gave a shit about EU stuff.
He just okayed everything like a retard.
He didn't care as long as it made money.
He probably doesn't even remember KOTOR 1 or 2

I think you mean Nihilus not Nihlus. Nihlus was the Turian spectre killed by Saren at the beginning of Mass Effect.
>lol bioware

What did the novel do to Nihilus? I could use some mad.

Why does Bane look like he's a character from Mortal Kombat?

>What did the novel do to Nihilus? I could use some mad.

Not him but I remember the Exile musing that Revan was more powerful than Nihilus. They also gave Nihilus and the Exile's death drain to their shitty OC villain and pretended no one had ever done that before.

Why does it matter what Disney calls canon and non-canon?

If Star Wars is George Lucas' creation, then isn't his judgement on canon the only thing that matters?

Nihilus wasn't that powerful as a force user or fighter. He and the Exile were fucked up in a special unique way that made them really OP. That's why the Exile was able to defeat Nihilus.
They fought on equal ground and Nihilus beaten like a bitch.

No, because he made Attack of the Clones.

Luuke was a character in the Thrawn trilogy. If anything, he has a bigger chance to be canon now.

I feel like powerlevel stuff is sort of missing the point here.
Its not like he had gone super sith level 3 and that unlocked the ability to eat planets.

>Nihilus wasn't that powerful

Nigga, he was one shotting planets. He pulled his fleet from a gravity well and was keeping the Ravager together through pure will. I don't think you understand that he was weakened by his attempt to feed on the Exile (as Kreia hoped), it was 3v1 and they still had to use Visas' Force bond with him to further weaken him.

>They literally made EU non-canon to get rid of Breasts

So that explains Daisy Ridley

>to get rid off Luuke Luuuke
what about Slightly Bigger Luke?

>Luuke
>Luuuke
Jesus fucking Christ
And people were upset this was thrown out?

That was because he was hole in the force and he was siphoning life around him and shit but when his special powers were neutralized he was just a basic bitch

The Visas force bond thing is not canon

Yes. Mainly those two characters.

Dat ass though

Top kek

never post in my or my son's thread again

Not only that, but why does he sound like a raspy faggot? Go listen to one of the Bane audiobooks real quick. Bane is meant to have a smooth, sexy, condescending voice god damn it. He's unironicallly called Darth Bane the Big. Mark Hamill does not have a big guy's voice.

Because they want to go for even more of an Feudal Japan aesthetic for the Old Republic era in the new canon.

What is it about Star Wars that attracts so many hack writers? The EU is embarrassing

Never really heard of anything EU other than >"MUH Thrawn"
Is it really that bad? Name the 5 worst things the EU has done

"Luuke" was just a naming scheme to differentiate between Luke and his clone in the book. Luuke himself was just a mook, but was utilized in a cool way.

their Vader comic line is fucking dope, probably some of the funnest Star Wars shit to come out lately. It has him being a ruthless inquisitor, scheming against Papa Palpatine, still showing he has a slight heart, and has him being a reason that the Rebels feared him so much.

Because canon stories get support and continuation. "Legends" non-canon shit doesn't

Bane needs to be played by Jason Statham in his inevitable anthalogy film.

that is spaceship that can kill entire universe or galaxy or something like that, right??

That's fucking goofy. It's a massive galaxy. Let me guess, the retard behind these shows is a massive Lucas fanboy, so of course he has to take the prequels Tatooine robe shit 3 steps further. Fucking hack.

>Bane needs to be played by Jason Statham
lol no, there is only one bane, there can be only one

The Exile >>>>>>> Revan

>Luuke
>Luuuke
It still cracks me up that there are people who read these books and seriously thought they were good.

It doesn't

>DAILY REMINDER PIC RELATED IS CANON

Yes. And don't forget, Luuke is from the Thrawn trilogy, the books almost universally considered to be the best the EU had to offer.

Everything attracts hacks who want to profit but Lucas actually gave a platform to a lot of hacks

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH LUUKE. HE MAKES PERFECT SENSE IN THE CONTEXT OF THE STORY. LUUUKE IS LITERALLY KIST A JOKE CHARACTER THAT DOES NOT EXIST WITHIN THAT STORIES CONTINUITY

Yep. And the droid at the start of a new hope that breaks can actually use the force. It's name is Skippy the droid btw

>that gif
I... i does not have reaction image to post my face when.

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
>tfw no hot Star Wars alien babe to fuck

Yes, it is, retard. It's mentioned in dialogue 8 million times. There's also a prequel comic. And I like how you're ignoring that it was a 3v1 fight.

twi'leks were built for human cock

Wasn't in the final retail game
Not canon

So is anyone as hyped as I am?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

>Skippy the Droid

>Obi-Wan Kenobi leaves a cantina, sensing the Force in someone. But no matter how hard he looked, he wasn't able to find anyone, despite his great ability in the Force. Suddenly, unbeknownst to Obi-Wan, an astromech droid serving drinks at Jabba's Palace is bumped into by Boba Fett, spilling one of the drinks from his tray. But before it can hit the ground, the droid, named R5-D4, is able to reach out with his mind and turn the drink back in its upright position and serve it to Jabba the Hutt; thankfully nobody had noticed what had just happened, as it had gone by so fast.

>One day, R5 removed his restraining bolt with the Force, and Force persuaded the Gamorrean guards to let him leave. Skippy wandered the desert for days in search of his destiny, until finally he was picked up by a Jawa sandcrawler. There he had visions of Darth Vader and Princess Leia, and met R2-D2 and C-3PO. Eventually the Sandcrawler stopped, took all the droids out, and lined them up side by side in front of Owen Lars and Luke Skywalker. Skippy immediately sensed the Force in Luke, and persuaded Owen to choose him. Skippy was ecstatic at the undoubtable destiny that lay before him and Luke.

>However, R5 soon envisioned that, without Luke, stormtroopers would come and take R2 back to Vader, where he would be destroyed and Leia would be killed, leading to a chain reaction of horror that will include the Rebellion being destroyed, R5's memory being wiped after 3PO refuses to translate his 'rubbish', and Luke dying on Tatooine without ever fulfilling his destiny. R5 knew what he had to do, and suddenly set off a mild explosion inside himself, leading Luke to believe that he had a busted motivator. Skippy then used the Force on 3PO, telling Luke to buy R2 instead. Owen did so, leaving R5 to be destroyed by a stray stormtrooper blast during the later raid, with nobody ever knowing the great deed that R5 had just done.

Jesus Fuck

When is the release date?

I really never got why anyone thinks the Thrawn Trilogy is anything special. I guess them being the first of the EU gives them sort sort of pass. It's just mediocre sci-fi writing. And you're right, in that context, stupid, cliched shit like an evil clone of the main character does make perfect sense. But it doesn't make the book series good, and it doesn't make it a bad thing that Disney decided not to take it seriously or officially incorporate it into the series (which was never done by Lucas, either, for that matter).

Nah, it's good. I prefer that one story with some droid who hack Death Star and trolled Palpatine.

Reminds me of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=mSPGDzc3xWg

Me. Where can I get audiobooks though of the noncanon Thrawn books? TPB and KAT dont have the trilogy even though it's supposed to be super popular

Y-you know if you really want to show her who's boss... you should kiss her. please

>Using traditional torrent sites for Audiobooks.
You are just shooting yourself in the foot doing that

audiobookbay.me/audio-books/star-wars-the-timothy-zahn-collection-timothy-zahn/

Yeah they do

>The wanted to put him into the Clone Wars or Rebels series

Isn't Revan ancient? Shouldn't he be dead?

>Twi'lek females

That was from the star wars tales series you fucking idiots.

Nothing from that series is canon. Do you also think Tag & Bink are cannon or the alternate universe comics? Know what your talking about before you post

Not make him an actual character, just maybe have him show up in a holocron, or a force vision.

Even Darth Bane gets to be canonized through one of Yodas force visions

mfw just googled it

Did you actually read it? The Thrawn trilogy captures the spirit of the original trilogy while also doing new things within it. The characters are well written, and have good interactions. Luuke had less to do with exploring an evil luke, and more to do with showing how twisted C'baoth was with his intentions of creating luuke. Also, it's not fair to judge star wars as a science fiction series when it's actually science fantasy.

I wish he hadn't though. Canon bane fucking blows.

>mfw luuuuuke is still canon

That was an illusion, not actually Bane. Interestingly they did fool around with the concept of making a Bane character designed on his EU appearance

>Did you actually read it?

Yes, and I didn't think it was particularly good. Better than most of the rest of the EU (along with Shadows of the Empire), but not particularly great on its own. As a Star Wars book, it works fine, but I doubt I would have cared about it at all if it wasn't Star Wars, and it was no where near as good as the OT movies. The interactions between the characters are good, and Zahn nailed the OT characters, but most of the new ones are kind of one-dimensional and boring. I didn't real find any of them compelling, and the story is still full of crappy sci-fi cliches and plot conveniences.

And again, it was never canon anyway, so I don't care that Disney didn't put it in the official universe.

>it's real

>they made the Chiss canon
>But gave them pupils

For shame, the blank eyes were hot

Hes literally the same thing but with a mask

He was going to appear in the Force planet episodes alongside Darth Bane as sith force ghosts to the Son

Show me where they said it's not actually Bane. Everyone knows he's an illusion, but that doesn't explain how he's completely different and faggy. I doubt they'll play with Bane again to fix their heresy

Best Bane
Best Comic

this should still be canon

That's a brilliant way of rehashing material
>Declare everything non-cancanon
>Reintroduce it all through print works, and games

What's that comic line called?

Darth Vader (2015)

The specific story that panel is from is Vader Down. A one-off tie in comic event.

marvel.com/comics/series/19379/darth_vader_2015_-_present
I think that ones from a special thats a tie in between Vader, the main Star Wars ones, and one of the others, but each comic will tell you what to read next at the end for a continued story.

you forgot the guy with lightsaber armor who is palpatine's son

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Irek_Ismaren

Or the time a GB video game destroyed canon but having anakin kill dooku or the time boba fett had a literal retcon clone of himself named spar

>It ain't me starts playing

What gameboy game was that?