Is this the best film to come out of Russia?

Only contest would be Kosintsev's King Lear IMO.

you probably seen like 2-3 russian movies including this one

I've probably seen around 40 at this point.

It's pretentious shit.
>Camera zooms in to pebbles on the ground for 30 seconds
WOW SO DEEP. MUH ART.
Why not just read a fucking book instead. This story would be much better told through text than film.

Recommend some

Perhaps I haven't made myself clear.
ONLY people who can appreciate kino are allowed in my thread. Never post here again.

maybe you should try looking directly at the screen, you moron

Excuse me?

Tell me which ones i should watch next instead of being a cunt then?

/lit/'s my main board nice to know people here acknowledge the book master race.

My scenography teacher said that this film is one of the best and you shits( students) probably haven't seen it.

Imagine my smugness level when I had seen it.

>Kino
Type niceme.me into your browser and refresh like 50 times. Thanks.

Good job on being so dumb you literally need everything spelled out for you.

Is this bait, friend?

Ah yes, the smugness I felt about my superior taste whilst watching 3 hours of death, cruelty and tragedy is absolutely unparalleled.

Why am I not surprised a /lit/fag is too dull to appreciate the meaning of kino?
This is a rhetorical question, by the by.

why bait

Just answer the question, buddy.

its not a bait

its bait

Wait is that Stalker, as in, STALKER?

Ivans Childhood > Stalker >>>>>>>>>> everything else

Please stop this.

Disregard all my posts in this thread. I thought we were talking about Come and See instead of Stalker.

Stalker was made in the Soviet Union, not Russia.

Battleship Potemkin and October (also Soviet) are more innovative and influential.

>Stalker was made in the Soviet Union, not Russia.

This, its vastly different entity than today's Russia

>stalker
>death

Read "Roadside Picnic" for a piece of literature that is very much based on the same theme as STALKER. It's also Russian and it's fantastic.

This is really deep
Considering to rewatch

Andrei Rublev is better desu senpai

Roadside Picnic is great can confirm

best russian kino since stalker.

Stalker is awesome, I liked Korol Lir but it really doesn't hold a candle to Tarkovsky.

Anybody in the UK watching the remastered Tarkovsky filmography cinema run?

Roadside Picnic is a great read
>tfw it's getting a TV adaptation and it will most likely suck

Leviathan is pretty gud.

The Meeting Place Cannot Be Changed
Brat 2

are more enjoyable and have good themes and characters going on. Stalker is quite honestly pretentious. It drags on for too long. But it's still great

Though I personally always loved The Meeting Place Cannot be Changed the most. Also White Sun of the Desert is fun.

The video game adaptation was much better.

>The Meeting Place Cannot Be Changed
Does this have a proper English translation? Subs on Mosfilm's youtube channel are lackluster as hell.
Overall, agree, it's great. Last episode had me on the edge of my seat.

fuck if I know, I can speak Russian, so I understand it. It probably won't connect too well with people who haven't lived through the Soviet Union or former Soviet Union countries though.

Captain Zheglov is based

Nahh that would be Battleship Potemkin followed by Andrei Rublev followed by Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors.

It's really entry level

The game was better.

The game the book and the movie,
the movie was influenced by the book and the game by both, but they are not the adaptation of one or another.

Trying to name the best work to come from a country is a stupid endeavor not only because you'll never come up with anything like an objective best out of a whole country's works, but also because the question itself is needlessly Nationalistic, as if films are works of the state and not individual filmmakers.

That's not a criticism

In a way that's truth, holmes, but you talk like a fag tho so

Both Tarkovsky's Solaris and Adrei Rublev are better than Stalker.

STALKER is basicaly roadside picnic and both are great

i cant find a good torrent of this to try out

it's true, undoubtedly. Not sure where you see him speaking like a fag also

>he's not on KG

There are only a few things more pathetic than western pretentious fucks claiming they like some Russian shit movies because it's oh so exotic and whatnot.

Also Russian subhuman shits who claim they actually produce a ton of good movies because they're raised to believe their shithole is great and amazing.

As with all pts, only a few people, comparatively, are in them. So...

It pisses me off they made a game out of Stalker. Now we get all these retarded Sup Forumsirgins acting like they're experts in arthouse cinema because they played a videogame.

Take your shortsighted, naive globalist worldview and get the hell out of here. Grow up.

10/10 Ronald Reagan's

What is this, the 80s? Get with the times. The EU are the bad guys now.

>I-if they're not Nationalist, they must be G-Globalist!

WHATEVER FAGGOT, keep cucking yourself over to the powers that be and telling yourself it's the only way. I'm only speaking of treating individuals as individuals, humans as humans.

hardcore henry