R.I.P. VHS; Last Remaining VCR Manufacturer to Cease Production This Month

the end of an era.

collider.com/vhs-vcr-ending-production/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY
youtube.com/watch?v=zKr5R1VNPjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are the odds my vhs will rise In value?

Not likely cuz every mf in the world still keeps their VHS tapes

They would only go up in value if somehow half of every VHS tapes got destroyed. Unless it's a rare Star Wars tape that Lucas never fucked with them you can get some money

Till hipsters revive it like vinyl.

Messing with tracking was shit.
But hey, it was better than reading right?

>Till hipsters revive it like vinyl.
God why. It's like fucking cassette tapes. At least Vinyl has the excuse of being such a shit format it sounds different in a way that can be pleasing. VHS is just garbage-tier

>not wearing a tape out in certain spots so that only you could recognize it as yours
All my VHS tapes have a set wear pattern because of how autistic I was as a child.
Except Hackers, I wore that fucker out for another reason IFUNOMSAYIN

>implying we aren't already nostalgic for the 4:3 aspect, distorted, blurry, snowy comfort of 80's movies

Hi guys!

my xvid collection from torrents will never be obsolete

Plenty of tapes are worth money, please try finding this release for under $100!

I see some parallels between VHS and Vinyl to the point where I can see hipsters going for it.
A lot of people that collect vinyl say it's bulky, heavy and wears to the point of hissing and popping. They tell me if I can't handle those aspects of it that I should definitely stick with FLAC.
I still have the tv I had when I was a kid and when I feel like shit I'll pop in a tape and watch it on a 4:3 13" screen because I can. Nostalgia beats inferior quality every time.

Have you ever heard of D-VHS? Looks gorgeous.

youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY

You my nigga.

Sure until your hard drive dies.

There are rare movies that were only released on VHS.

But, the only people who care about that are collectors, really.

thanks for reminding me how much i miss the 90's...fucking hell why did the world became what it is today ?

>go into thrift store
>pick up a mint VHS copy of Svankmajer's Faust for 50 cents

Kind of a poopy movie, 2bqh.

I want to go back

When murika was still great.

Some stuff I've picked up recently.

Going to work in slow motion while jazzy music played was the best part of my day.
Goddamn I miss the 90's.

My most recent buy, and one of my most wanted. Korean release of Dawn of the Dead.

They still made VHS's? Damn, I thought they died out 10 years ago.

How many copies of Video Dead do you need?

Earth was never good.

God.

What happened with us?

As many as possible, old pic. Have 5 more now.

It was.
Maybe you simple din't lived the good years.

But back there was simple and fun.

Life was fun, silly and with less hate.

>Maybe you simple din't lived the good years.

Did you happen to be a child then? Essentially everybody remembers the world as being better when they were children.

I'm not depressed and I like being alive, but the earth has always been a shithole.

>you will never pass on that warped, worn cassette of Batman (1989) you recorded off the telly and stuck the little letters on to your first born son.

>with less hate.
Nah. Retards just didn't have such a large platform to spout their uninformed opinions.

>ONE
>LAST
>TIME
Why didn't you listen to him?

(reference for plebs: youtube.com/watch?v=zKr5R1VNPjI )

I hope you aren't trying to project the image of being a realist because saying shit like
>earth has always been a shithole.
completely flies in the face of that.

>tfw my mom taped Pee Wee's Playhouse episodes when I was a kid
>I taped over them years later

Wish I hadn't.

How many different copies of Fulci's Zombie do you have my man?

I dont think an African child will remember his childhood being nice.

Things where better back in the 90's

More than 10, don't remember exact number.

t. Born after 9/11

>videomax

holy shit the memories

What might really blow your mind is the production lines for Betamax cassettes only shut down last year or the year before (the players stopped being made some years ago). You see, while they were regarded as a failure in the home market, they found a niche in broadcast media and were the media of choice for local news for decades. Digital killed it eventually, but it lived far longer than most people thought.

>vhs's may be going obsolete
NO WAY?!?!
REALLY?

Damn, do you still have any, that label is worth good money, and I'll love to buy more.

ackchually cassette culture is an entirely different thing

Can I buy one from you?

It's been happening for a few years already. It's fine providing you're a genuine collector who intends to preserve things that never made it to another medium. Poseurs doing in for 'muh neo 80s aesthetic' are twats though because eventually they'll get bored and bin it, not care for the tapes properly or not transfer them to digital for sharing/posterity.

Of course the difference between vinyl and VHS is that vinyl is still being made, so you get typical Sup Forums posters buying overpriced reissues of stuff, so the hipster movement in VHS is never going to gain too much momentum.

Sorry, I can't. I'd sell most horror shit I have but I collect zombies the most and can't give up any of them.

Why? What's so special about the movie?

VHS is still being made too, actually, (it's a shit movie) but Deadpool is getting a vhs release right now at SDCC. And plenty of horror and exploi movies are being released through bootleggers and indie companies. Check out the fb horror vhs collecting groups and you'll see tons of new stuff.

Unlike the vinyl, VHS tapes have no redeeming qualities. The covers are ugly and easily damaged, quality is pure shit. They'll disappear from existence.

You do realize africa is a continent, yes?
But as far as the notion of a child living in poverty being perpetually miserable goes, you're wrong.

>Deadpool
Why?! Marketing stunt?

And perhaps I should have said turntables are still being made, VHS players aren't. Therefore you don't get the surge in new VHS watchers that you get with vinyl, where turntables and records are being sold in supermarkets for the first time in over 20 years

Oh my gaawd, will Mr Plinkett switch to a BluRay player? Poor Mike and Jay..

>hard drive
>dying

>hard drive
>not dying

Nothing, I just collect all zombie movies and all releases

>betamax

I threw all my VHS tapes in a dumpster a few weeks back.

Okay, no worries, I understand.You have a really nice collection by the way

Isn't that the Evil Dead 2 cover?

>tfw only have the shitty special edition VHS tapes

Yep, Korea is notorious for using other movie's covers on random movies. There's another Dawn of the Dead release I want that has Gates of Hell, and Zombi 2 pictures on the cover.

The korean text says Evil afterlife.

Didn't know!
Thanks.

good now just get rid of dvd pleb format

Even the rough untouched 35mm scans are better than vhs.

I have a copy of The Phantom Menace on VHS which is exactly like the theatrical release as far as I can tell. Do you think it will ever increase in value now?

This. It does have a certain charm. I prefer late 90's image formats to modern 99999p HD for instance. People thinking that entertainment must get ever closer to reality are walking the path of a fool.

No, Star Wars and shit like that is so common.

GREGG TURKINGTON ON SUICIDE WATCH

STAY STRONG GREGG!! STAY STRONG GREGGHEADS

>SEALED COPY OF INDEPENDENCE DAY VHS, 250 bucks! Real nice deal here!
>Ok, this copy of Batman and Robin is missing it's slip cover, 50 bucks man
>I got a bunch of exercise tapes and 5 tapes that are nothing but news recordings, 200 dollars for the set, it's a great deal here user

>It's like fucking cassette tapes
have you ever tried pressing a record? takes forever and costs money. that's why cassettes are making a comeback, it's cheap as fuck. people will buy a cassette tape to support a local indie band and it comes with a download code usually anyway if they can't play the fucking thing.

>pressing a record
Or.. you know.. struggling artists could just use fucking CDs.

Ok stupid question here but, you think if some nerd was smart enough, he or she could make a VCR?

Wait till Cowboy Bebop happens in real life.

yeah but people don't buy CD's either. if you're complaining about obsolete technology, at least be consistent.

if they buy the CD, they will put it on their shelf and listen to the record digitally. it's literally the same thing 9/10 times with cassettes.

source: i've worked the merch table for punk/indie bands. cassettes sell.

Fuck off. In the old days you could get a job that would buy you a house and two cars with a smile and a firm handshake.
Now unless you're a satanic piece of shit, you're lucky to get minimum wage crap.
I can't wait to see how fucked everything will be 20 years from now and that's we don't kill each other first.

They're VCR repairmen, surely their business will boom when people can only get their old VCRs fixed and can't just simply buy new ones.

not very likely unless you have weird horror movies or stuff that can't be released due to rights issues

I didn't know they were still being made.

deepest lore

The only ones worth money are the ones that were never transferred to DVD.

>People thinking that entertainment must get ever closer to reality are walking the path of a fool
Beautiful phrase, tb.h fàm

not building rooms out of old vhs

>D-VHS
>1990s America