When someone asks you for movie recommendations, what is typically the first one that comes to mind?

When someone asks you for movie recommendations, what is typically the first one that comes to mind?

Black Death with Sean Bean is what i immedeatly think of. Seriously underrated movie, so few of the people i've met has even heard of it.

I want some recommendations, just assume i haven't seen it. I don't watch movies that often.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gp5721jWjg8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At what point in the movie does he die

True Romance

It's a good movie that not a lot of people have seen.

He doesn't until almost at the end

I'm at a loss when someone requests recommendations without specifying genre or the kind of movies they enjoy

That said a great movie that also takes place in the middle ages is pic related

First review I found says it should be "burned at the stake"

Depends, if it's some casual pleb I tell them to watch Amelie, they eat that shit up

I'll never understand people who look at reviews.
I look at a trailer and see if it looks like it's something i might enjoy, and form my own opinion on it. I do this with most entertainment. Movies, shows, videogames..

more that takes place in the middle ages

10 minutes of unedited footage is enough for anyone with a modicum of experience in the medium at hand to make a correct judgment on how much they would enjoy the product 90% of the time.

>I don't watch movies that often.

You don't fuckin' say.

Depends on their age and how well I know them.

One of my go-to's for most age groups is Stardust since very few people saw it in theaters, it's a fantasy romp in the same vein as Princess Bride, and it's very well done.

Stardust is fucking garbage and it is a grievous insult to The Princess Bride to compare the two and I loathe everyone who does.

Not many people have seen it. It's the only romantic movie I can tolerate, mostly because I see myself in the main character so much.

speed racer

Well instead of being a twat, how about you answer my question?
Show me YOUR taste

Just like 'Blue is the Warmest Color', I haven't watched the whole movie, just fapped to the good parts.

Excalibur is good, even if it's fantasy/mythology

Moon, or The Room

Amadeus.

All day every day.

The Cuckold

Everyone's daydreamed of stripping women in public while time's stopped.

I was just disappointed there was no fucking going on. Let's be real familia, you wouldn't just look.

For underrated and/or underseen films I go with: 'The Dirties' directed by Matt Johnson and 'Weekend' directed by Andrew Haigh

For universally loved films: 'The Pianist' directed by Roman Polanski and *City Lights* directed by Charles Chaplin

Problem Child 2

Filth. Shit's amazing

>Seriously underrated movie
Meh

fifth what

No Country for Old Men

lindybeige does a pretty good breakdown of Black Death, and what it gets wrong.

youtu.be/gp5721jWjg8

He's pretty great.

The Name of the Rose is class, would be along similar lines to Black Death.

I'm watching Last Kingdom right now but it is mostly triggering me. The first episode was class.

>When a patrician enters your thread

In Bruges

My nig. I love this film. But whenever I recommend it to someone, I can see the disappointment on their face when I tell them the name of it. It sounds like a terrible B movie. What hurts the most is knowing they'll never watch it and that they think less of my recommendations going forward because of it.

Fucking kill me, King Alfred just told a monk to wash his mouth for saying something foul. Why is being as ahistorical as possible the new meme?

You know some uninformed people if they equate Black Death to B movies and not like, the Bubonic Plague.

Meh, you know it does kind of sound like some shitty B movie title that's trying too hard to be scary/edgy. Maybe I'll start leading with Bubonic plague being synonymous with black death.