Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The...

Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The Punisher?

What is fundamentally wrong with your favorite character or what is it that the movies just can't deliver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xLz8PRmjblE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought the first one was bad... it was mostly because of the villains. that's about it.

only saw the one with tom jane, it was okay

but Punisher War Zone was good

He's a boring, poorly-written character.

>muh family
>muh revenge

He has no depth

IM GONNA GET MY APPLE SAUCE BACK

Agreed

>I did my time and I want out starts playing

Punisher WarZone is a damn good action movie

So effusive - fade - it doesn't cut
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
Packaging subversion
Pseudo sacrosanct perversion
Go drill your deserts, go dig your graves
Then fill your mouth with all the money you will save
Sinking in, getting smaller again
I'm done! It has begun! I'm not the only one!

when will it adapt this scene?

Fourth time's the charm

They either make him to much heroic or too mindless violent.
Even if the concept of Punisher is simple there is some complexity in the choices he takes.

>tfw it'll be 60% filler

He doesn't need depth thats the whole point of his character in fact most characters in most stories are pretty one dimensional and archetypal he's just a stoic badass type

When did Skull Face became a good guy?

What makes the Punisher interesting is not who he is as a character, or his inner conflict or whatever. Punisher should have no inner conflict.

What's interesting is what he does. When written correctly, Punisher is a force of nature. A good Punisher story spends at least half of it setting up the villains and why they deserve to die, and the rest of it showing Punisher steamrolling over them in inventive ways. The problem is, these types of stories don't have the greatest mainstream appeal.

>it ain't me starts playing

Because they didn't cast the irl punisher, Steven seagull

Hey white boys go fuck yourselves you mass shooting sister fuckers

fucking try me you cunt, i'll fucking haymaker your cheek and knock you into next week

your still posting this shit, whats that 3 weeks now?
your a faggot OP

I know what you are saying, i love stories where punisher just massacre bad guys the most.
But i have to disagree. If you remove the character and the morale conflict, you can just remove the punisher from the title and make a new generic action movie for Hollywood.

You have to make his personality recognizable because he is widely loved character.

The one is Thomas Jane is legit capekino.
I never understood the hate it got, its one of my favorite movies.

If you care to read the comics, specifically the War Zone series, youll realize that the Punisher War Zone movie is fucking incredible.

Minus Barracuda not being on screen, the Ray Stevenson movie is a damned near perfect comic adaptation.

> Make me care about the Punisher

Only one of these films made me legit care about the Punisher

I AM SO PUMPED RIGHT NOW

>People always tell me how hated the Thomas Jane Punisher movie is
>All the reviews are ass
>Have never actually talked to a person that hated it
>It's always "Thomas Jane was a great Punisher but I can see how people would dislike the movie"
So what was wrong with it?

It's too goofy at times

Basically any scene with the roommates (or house mates) comes to mind

The fight against Russian Waldo was fucking great though.

they chose seether as their hard rock band

The problem with Punisher is that any good Punisher story is far too soul crushing to make into a successful movie

at the end of the day movies are aimed at bringing in big numbers and Punisher's depressingly futile/nihilistic nature won't accomplish that

They literally just have to make Dredd again in New york with the Punisher in place of Judge Dredd. Dredd and the Punisher are two sides of the same coin.

You don't need a super deep, sad story. You just need an obvious, irredeemable bad guy that borders on the cartoonish and then spend the movie having the Punisher shrug off everything they can throw at him and culminating in a big scene where the bad guy realises how fucked they are and tries desperately to juggle bargaining and holding in their shit before the Punisher says something fittingly ironic and throwing them out a window or some shit. Then before the credits roll show some of the people he saved to remind the audience that he is actually an arbiter of justice and not just a mindless butcher.

Haven't seen this pasta in a while, thanks

Punisher really isn't all that interesting of a character in general.

I got around to the punisher on daredevil. But I'd mainly like to see him back in his own videogame again. The ps2/xbox was awesome and then they tried doing that shitty one on ps3. I think hed be better off in a game with a good story, prefferably where they left off in the ps2 one with kingpin going after him.

Please, there was no point shoehorning all those MAX characters in the movie.

> there was no point shoehorning all those MAX characters in the movie
the point was fun, and it was

punisher got banned in aus, damn fun game

Hollywood either went too pretty...or they went too rambo...

New is the best because hes ugly as fuck, gritty yet grounded, average enough that he xan dissapear in a crowd yet the actor is talented enough to shine through all the diry when the script calls for it.

If you'll indulge me for a second, thomas jane wasnt half bad...but the script and the timing was unfortunate. He's a little too hollywood in the face...but he deffinitely understood the character. Too bad.

Sometime stupid comic book shit just doesn't make good movies. SOMETIMES.

Frank's just not interesting enough to stretch out for one two hour long story.

they should have done his civil war bit in the cap america would've been great

youtube.com/watch?v=xLz8PRmjblE

The Russian fight was great, both as comedic juxtaposition and showing just how weak the punisher can be when not prepared.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was that punisher spends almost all the movie being pretty weak and you don't get the prepared and calculated killing machine until the last few minutes.

You do realise that's just the comics being left as fuck right, portraying people who say shit like that a evil and having captain jerk off about unity and multi culti later

Punisher is more character driven that Dredd

I saw War Zone the first night it came out. I love The Punisher but I was disappointed by the movie. Specifically, the way action scenes were shot. All these super quick cuts of action spliced together makes it very hard to tell what's actually happening during the scenes themselves. When you're cutting to a new shot every second it's more disorientating than anything else. There are a handful of action scenes where they use longer continuous shots and those scenes are awesome. Overall the direction of the movie is really poor, it was just poorly executed imo. Someday we'll get The Punisher movie we deserve though.

Irredeemable bad guys are boring though, it better if you humanise them then have him heartlessly kill them anyway, makes him more of a flawed character and the killing a much more interesting act than just
>James Bond one liner
>execution
>audience cheers

I think that's the hardest thing to capture when portraying his character. Cause sometimes castle can be a bold hypocrite, or just doing his usual planning and killing before something gets his attention that takes him in a completely different direction that he couldn't prepare for. His usual routes are worth showing just to get the idea of his average day across, but unpredictable, unprepared, and questionable gray areas are usually the best situations for puniser and its hard getting consistently all that in a single arc in paper, it'd be even harder in motion