Let´s have a nice preacher thread

Let´s have a nice preacher thread.
Preacher threads usually are about:

>how much it sucks
>how different is compared to the comics
>how much of this changes are idiotic
>how tulips is an aberration
>how cassidy is the best thing in the show.
>how Jesse is a dick
>WEED DUDE LMAO
>The second season will not suck
>we leave the hown baby
>IS SLOW, NOTHING HAPPENS
>A lot happens! you have Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
>TOM CRUISE KEK!
>you have to read the comic
>The comic is edgy 90´s shit
>Ennis is a genius
>Ennis is shit
>where is the meat doll?
>when the Saint of the Killers appear you will love the show
>This is the best show on the Right now
>Worst show ever
>remember the ratings of Breaking Bad first season
>AMC want preacher to be the new TWD

I forget something?

>buying a good dog from the pound just to feed it to a vampire
Why is Tulip such a cunt?

She's got to be the most unlikable character I've ever seen. Are we supposed to feel bad for her because she takes care of her drunk uncle? She's done nothing but be a total bitch to everyone and killed a fucking dog instead of just going to the pet store and buying a bunch of mice for Cassidy eat.

the dog is free, mice cost money

oh boo fucking hoo she killed a dog

writers have no clue what they're doing, the show is totally uredeemable at this point

>this thread again

the writers know exactly what their doing, pushing out turds week after week, and making shekels

She's a criminal, she can steal some money. Or steal some mice.

I like thought it was entertaining overall. But yeah the jews sjw infestation really doesn't do it any good when it come to Tulip or Jesse.

or just get a free dog from the pound

>tfw I don't hate Tulip

Why though? I mean, I don't hate the actress or anything but her southern accent is fucking TERRIBLE and her character basically amounts to "You won't fuck me and kill some dude? I'm gonna fuck your best friend and threaten some dumb roastie who likes you"

Fuck this gay character and fuck you faggot

don't care about the dog that made sense, I do fucking hate the character though every scene is just cringy shit, her voice my fucking god

sorry ive been drinking didn't mean to be so mean

How about how
>Outcast is a better show despite worse source material and mostly because of the superior OST

I like it.

It is completely different from the comic but I still think it's pretty cool seeing parts in a live action show. Just wish they'd get to the actual plot rather than bothering with all this filler about Jessie's hometown. Especially since in parts it screws with what happens later in the story, like Quinncannon being a character this early on.

Fuck that part with the dog in the latest episode though. Tulip is actually fine imo generally but they could have done that differently.

One thing I don't like though is how they changed Eugene's backstory from simple suicide attempt to murder-suicide attempt. I also don't know really what they're doing with the story now and how they're going to tie it in with later but it might not even get another season so I don't know.

> Kincaid's backstory is stupid and needless

I read the original comic and to be honest, I think it's edgy bullshit. I don't like Garth Ennis at all, but for the the TV show made it watchable. In my opinion it feels less like shock bullshit forced down you throat and more like a coherent story.

Quinncannon*

I think it's meant to show that Jessie's ordering him to serve God is pointless because of what happened in his backstory. That's why he's serving the "god of meat" and not the god that Jessie wanted him to. I haven't read the comic in quite a while but weren't there parts where the voice ability just didn't work for various reasons? Quinncannon in the show had already denounced God in his backstory so Jessie commanding him to serve God didn't do shit or it was deflected to Quinncannon's "god of meat".

>Kincaid
u read dresden?

>One thing I don't like though is how they changed Eugene's backstory from simple suicide attempt to murder-suicide attempt.

Seeing that he hasn't been shot or is doing time, maybe "he" didn't murder her, but gets the blame anyway because he survived and "talked her into it" according to everybody?

Or he got off because his father's the sheriff. And he didn't kill her, she's still alive, she's just in a coma. I'm just going off what the show has told us so far though, which is that Eugene tried to kill her and then tried to kill himself but they both survived. I know they couldn't do the Cobain thing because it's updated to 2016 but they still could have kept it attempted suicide only.

Also I really need to read the comics again.

Tulip is mai waiffu

A flat out murder attempt just doesn't fit the character. I'm hoping they'll flesh it out a bit more once they go on a road trip to hell.

yea its a major character change, hopefully theirs a decent explanation coming

>A flat out murder attempt just doesn't fit the character.
Well that's why I said I didn't like it. I don't know if there's more they haven't told us but just what they have told us is a pretty big change in character and that's really the only thing I've had an issue with with this show so far even with all the other changes. Though this is from someone who hasn't read the comics in over 5 years so there may be more I'm just forgetting.

I also wonder how they'll do the parts that actually take place in Hell or Heaven. I feel like they would look really cheesy in a live action show, especially if they don't really have the budget for good CGI or props. Like the Saint of Killers being whipped in Hell.

It seems like they're going for intentional cheese. Doesn't necessarily make it any better, but kind of fits the comedic undertones.

we've had almost no cgi, if this show has any cgi budget at all i'm expecting it in the next cpl eps, showing hell maybe heaven, maybe a seraphim how their suppose to look

It's pretty obvious that she shoots herself because of the pressure her mom places on her.

Eugene panics and shoots himself

Same plot as the comics, just with a girl this time

I hope so, arseface shooting some girl is just so out of character

>Women are crazy

More at 11

and now Tom with the weather

well done m8s

bill would be proud

People are really sensitive about dogs.

i'm with familia

Watching the Preacher t.v. series makes me wonder if Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg really understand the Preacher comic book series at all. The comics aren't really about religion. Instead, they explore issues of masculinity like honor, friendship, brotherhood, standing up to injustice and other things girls don't understand. The series is basically a Western and Jesse Custer is a cowboy who was raised by a marine corps veteran and John Wayne to always have his buddy's back, protect women, and stand up to the bad guys. Instead, the television series focuses on Jesse as a preacher and changes entire aspects of his backstory and personality to reflect that. I suspect this was done because writing the arc of the rise and fall of a preacher is easier and in this current climate mocking religion is far more palatable than promoting masculinity.

You could easily go to a butcher and walk out with buckets of blood